Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_minnamouse

How much is postage?

ms_minnamouse
14 years ago

Um, how much is it for a sasbe now? $ .81 or $ .88? Thanks.

Comments (9)

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Postage amount depends on weight, dimensions and thickness of the bubble mailer.

Here is a link that might be useful: usps rates

• ms_minnamouse
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes... I found that too but which one would a bubble envelope be?

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Again, it depends on the weight, dimensions & thickness. Each category has size limits. On average, most filled bubbles are considered 'large envelopes'. (if the thickness exceeds 3/4", it goes to 'package' rates. this is why alot of members tape their seed packets down--keeps the thickness uniform.)

• medontdo
    14 years ago

well one stamp is 44 cents now. sooo, if your package don't exede the thingi, it would be 88 cents. if you don't pack it to much. hope that helps you. ~medo

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

what conditions would warrant a trader requesting six (6) 44 cent stamps for a postage trade?

~ freshair

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

"what conditions would warrant a trader requesting six (6) 44 cent stamps for a postage trade?"

Someone is sending you 11 ounces worth of seeds would cost around that much to send first class. package rate cost would be for 9 ounces, otherwise they are, in essence, selling their seeds to you by way of extra having you send that person more stamps than is needed to mail the seeds.

In fact, last year, early spring, I sent out an SASBE with about 75 packets of seeds in it, sent package rate in a bubble mailer. I just stuffed them, so it would not go under the first class rate and the cost was not equal to 6 $.44 postage stamps.

You should ask questions as to why the member wants that must postage for seeds.

Fran

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

what conditions would warrant a trader requesting six (6) 44 cent stamps for a postage trade?
    Fran is right. That really amounts to selling which is not permitted. It seems that some folks overcharge, thinking no one will notice or say anything. What they are doing though is jeopardizing their name here and even their Garden Web membership, as they could be banned for such a thing. It is clearly against the rules!

My suggestion...OUT the member by posting on their thread something like...I am declining your seeds for postage 'offer' as I don't care to pay the 6 44 cent ($2.64) for postage.
    That might put an end to that person trying to take advantage of folks, and it may send a message to others doing the same thing.

Sue

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

thanks for getting back with me, y'all

wow - 75 packets of seeds - i don't think i have enough dirt for that many seeds! - someone has a much larger garden than i

my post office is one that refuses to honor the mail template - last fall, i spoke with the manager who *refused* to acknowledge that my envelope clearly fit into the slot and should only cost one stamp - so when i trade, i pay the difference in postage - but even then, she was only charging me $0.88 or somewhere in that range

okay, so offer declined, as sue recommended

~ freshair

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Just started a new thread with detailed info on bubble envelope mailing costs.

Freshair, I have an acre of land that is full of beds and there are others that have even more than that.

Yup, that was far more postage than should have been charged for a few seeds.

all the info you need on bubble envie costs and what the correct postage should be is in the link below

Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: Mailing costs for Bubble Envelopes (BE)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting