Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prayers Please....

Posted by sassybutterfly_2008 7 NorthWest GA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 10, 08 at 13:55

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to sorta apologize too for not being too 'chatty' lately, as some of you know my mom has cancer. Well she has been getting weaker and weaker the past few weeks so I find myself at her house daily doing whatever needs to be done or just holding her hand.. We found out on Tuesday that her liver is now 80% covered with cancer and she is literally a bright yellow color (like a jaundiced baby..) She is growing a new tumor in her belly (she just had 2 removed in March that weighed over 12lbs all together..) and the cancer is spreading to her interior stomach lining and up to her lungs.. We got her to a cancer center in Mexico this past week that does things a lil bit differently than they do here in the U.S. They focus more on herbal healing, and positive thinking, inner balance, all that jazz... There's no guarantees of course, but since her oncologist basically wrote her off, this was her last hope. Please keep her in your prayers, her name is Janice.

All this cancer started initially as cervical cancer.. so all you gals go get your yearly screenings.. this is NOT something to play around with! :(

I'll probably be away more than here on GW for awhile, just wanted you all to know I appreciate your kind words and thoughts and I'll pop back in when I can.

Hugs,
Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prayers Please....

Wendy,
Your mother, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...((HUG))

o

we will be praying for you and yours also! you don't need to apologize! geeze! we all understand! many hugs to ya hon! i really do hope that you also remember to take care of yourself and don't run yourself down as alot of people do during these times!! my hubby at first did let himself fun down. work, take care of his dad, come home change visit dad, work, sme thing everyday, hardly any sleep, then i told him, hon, ya have to sleep, eventually his body just shut down, i was really afraid it would do that between work and here, thats like 40 miles. if he was in town that's easily 55 miles. and no telling how many people he could hurt besides himself. so please, take care of you!! Many hugs ~Medo

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 10, 08 at 18:27

Im so sorry Wendy, you're such a sweetheart and I know your Mom is too.

o

Wendy,

I lost my sister-in-law to the same horrible disease 4 years ago. Though she ultimately lost her battle, she lived far longer than any of her doctors gave her a chance to.

Far more important than what is happening to her body is what is happening with your mom's mind and spirit. You are a wonderful daughter who is giving your mom love, support, your hand in comfort. Regardless of what happens, you are obviously doing your very best and that is what counts. I hope you remember that always.

Blessings to you both,

Kate

o

keeping you n your mon in my prayers

o

prayers are with you and your mom .....no need to apologize....family comes first.

o

Oh Wendy, I am so sorry to read this, knowing what you and your loved ones are going through. Please know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take Care.

Sue...chemocurl

o

Hope all is well with you both...sending healing thoughts out to you.

o

Hi Wendy-
Just to let you know- you are not alone- my prayers are with you & your precious mom- My mom also had cancer, it was rough for all of us, but her faith in Jesus sustained her & gave her peace & comfort thru her pain...... please keep us posted once in a while- when you can- wish I was closer to come over & help you around your house.......
God bless-
Kathy kasha77

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here