Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do we have moderators?

Posted by annikasmommykate 5 NH (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 15:59

I received an e-mail from someone who is brand new on the boards requesting free seeds. Is there someone I can report this to? They have also posted in (at least one that I saw )a thread requesting free seeds. I posted a link in that thread to the Special Instructions link, but I am really uncomfortable with the fact that this person completely cold e-mailed me asking for free seeds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do we have moderators?

yes we do have moderators for all the forums.

At the bottom of any of the pages on GW you will see a contact us link. click on it and go from there to report what you want to report.

Please do remember though, whether you want to trade with someone, send them free seeds by way of BEAP. SASBE etc. is always up to you. If you don't want to participate with that member you don't have to and you don't have to give a reason either. that choice is always there.

I'm not comfortable with cold emails either and I NEVER RESPOND TO "BEGGARS", when they post for free seeds in any way.

The only way to really attempt to stop that kind of post is to ignore them and report them to the GW mods. Unfortunately, there are members that respond right away with offers for the free seeds.

If it where me, I would ignore the "cold email" and report the posts that is breaking the rules of GW seed exchange.

Hope this helps

Fran

o

I received an e-mail from someone who is brand new on the boards requesting free seeds.
I got the same email, and just deleted it. I was going to point him to the link below that tells how to look for and respond to the many 'Seeds for Postage' offers but didn't. I'm way behind on about everything, including answering emails...sigh.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: 2nd reply covers Seeds for Postage offers

o

Is this the email you received 'do you have any seeds i may have free'. I received this email in the past couple of days and when I emailed back 'Not at this time' I received a follow up offering two seeds from my wants list (one newly offered by a reputable company this year) for ones I have to trade. This is someone new to the boards and though I have no right to my doubts I still have them. I guess I have just been scammed enough over the years to be too trusting with to good to be true sounding offers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here