Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

sase-sasbe is NOT a self addressed envelope-bubble or otherwise

hmmm...Just to clarify things a bit to those new to GW or to The Seed Exchange, an sase,or an sasbe is not a self addressed stamped envelope, or a self address stamped bubble envelope. The use of those terms is very confusing I'm sure.

It is actually a bubble envelope and postage. (I like to call them BEAP)

The member offering the seeds will likely request a bubble envelope, and the amount of postage they feel it will cost to mail the seeds back to you.

They will also want

1-An address label with your name and address

2-Possibly a list of what they are to send you, or a list of your choices

3-Your Garden Web name...so they can match up the replies with the envelopes received.

5-possibly other things, per their instructions.

If in doubt or confused, just email the offerer for further clarification, of what they require. They will likely be glad to explain things further to you. We were all new, or newbies at one time.

When doing actual trades, most members use Bubble envelopes and prefer that their seeds be sent to them in bubble envelopes. If is doubt about that, it is best to check with the member you are trading with.

Some seeds can safely be traded and mailed without using a Bubblie, but I won't go into that here and now.

Sue

Comments (49)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

good job Sue!...

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks!

There is additional discussion of sase/sasbe/beap-seeds for postage, at This thread...addressing newbie and newer member issues-first draft.
    Scroll down to the 3rd post (second reply) and see also further discussion in the thread. It is my hope to sometime later, use all the input and make a good FAQ for the Seed Exchange covering the handling of seeds for postage offers.

Just telling a member to send a self addressed envelope, or a self addressed stamped bubble envelope is just way to confusing. It is no wonder that some (possibly many) newbies mail an envelope within an envelope. I have not done many seeds for postage offers this season, but did receive in envelopes from 2 different members who did the envelope within another envelope thing.

Sue

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

well, now I feel better knowing I wasn't the only one who did that Sue! seems like that was sooo long ago when I was just starting out here! I remember you all warning me I'd get sucked in, and man, y'all were right! and I'm glad!!!
    roflmao!

Original Author
    15 years ago

but did receive in envelopes from 2 different members who did the envelope within another envelope thing.

Yes...and our own Dan_the_mailman was one of the 2 who sent the envy within an envy.

The best one was one that a member sent her DH to the post office with instructions. I ended up with a 'regular' envelope, with 80 cents postage on it, within a bubble envelope. I still haven't used the regular envy with the extra postage on it, but will sometime when I'm trading with someone I know who won't mind if I pad a regular envy. I had to tease her (the member) about it...and she happily just blamed it on her hubby.

I guess the term sase confused him, and the clerk at the PO who was trying to help him get it all together...lol. I did indeed receive a self addressed stamped (regular) envy.

Sue

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL yes this can be fun!! when i did this sasbe, i tell them right off the bat, just stick the stamps in the bubble and i'll reuse yours, LOL i have sooooooo many of the bubbles now!! hubs made me....ok i'm gonna say it, throw them away. (shhhhhh) i still have tons more!!! LOL ~Medo

Original Author
    15 years ago

bump...in case there are those new to the board, who think they have to put the bubble envy inside another envy.

Sue

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i keep getting the newbies and some oldies actually who send bubble envie's inside of the envi. i tell them once i recieve it how you can do it. i think i tell most people how to do it in the very beginning. but i think i must forget. i think it's because some just throw me off because all they want is my addy and no talking beforhand. usually there is a "hi how ya doing, i'm interested in your...." ya know. so maybe that's it. LOL hmmmm...i'll have to be more carefull. ~Medo

Original Author
    15 years ago

i keep getting the newbies and some oldies actually who send bubble envie's inside of the envi.

Maybe you could offer this up for BEAP (Bubble envy and postage) and never mention sase, or sasbe. Unless it was explained to be, I would be sending a self addressed bubble envelope inside another envy.

sase, and sasbe is just so confusing since it does not mean what it says.

s

Original Author
    15 years ago

Due to the confusion in a recent post, I am bumping this up.

A seeds (in exchange)for postage offer, involves only one bubble envelope and the postage requested of the member should be the 'actual' cost to return that envelope to a member with seeds in it. It is not permitted to trade seeds for postage, or trade seeds for postage and ask that a bubble be mailed inside of another bubblie.

I repeat...
    Just to clarify things a bit to those new to GW or to The Seed Exchange, an sase,or an sasbe is not a self addressed stamped envelope, or a self address stamped bubble envelope. The use of those terms is very confusing I'm sure.

It is actually a bubble envelope and postage. (I like to call them BEAP)

The member offering the seeds will likely request a bubble envelope, and the amount of postage they feel it will cost to mail the seeds back to you.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I caught that too... When that one originally started making offers, I took a look at their list and saw the "orders" thing and was rather dismayed by it, but since they were saying to send a few stamps, I let it go. But when I saw that newest post and the wording in it, I had to speak up. It was just against so many of the terms we're all suppose to abide by. And sets a bad precedence for the newbies. I'm sure the person isn't intending to "take" anyone, but that was kind of my feeling when I saw that new post. I want to newer members to know that this is about sharing our gardens, not profit. I would never ask a newbie to send more than I feel it would take to mail their BE back to them, nor would most of the members here. And if we've inadvertently done so, we always return the extra stamps to the sender.

If any of the new members has questions about sending bubble envelopes and return postage for an offer, they are welcome to email me and I'm more than willing to guide them, as are many of the members here.

Kathy

Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Kathy, well put!

Several members had emailed me privately because of the post. The thread generated a lot of confusion it seems among both new and not so new members.

• scottrell
    15 years ago

There is also another member who has offerd seeds for SASBE. They want people to send flower seeds, an extra bubble envelope AND postage. How is that a SASBE offer?

Original Author
    15 years ago

There is also another member who has offerd seeds for SASBE. They want people to send flower seeds, an extra bubble envelope AND postage. How is that a SASBE offer?
    I saw that Scott along with your reply, and then theirs.

I was gonna tell you what I thought he meant in the post, but I'm baffled beyond words.

He said, "Send me a SASBE with any flower seeds you want in it and I will send you 100+ of the" abc seed and the xyz seed. I think he meant to say Send me a SASBE with any flower seeds you want to send me, and I'll send you blah, blah, blah.

Then he said, "Please remember to add the flower seeds and an envelope. Even though you send stamps, I have to pay for the bubble envelope."
    What? Folks are to send him an envelope, yet he says he is providing the bubble envelope? What does that mean?

Then he says, "I am on the top breeding forum on the net and these guys with tons more knowledge then me have no problem with this sort of trade to get seeds like these."
    Well excuse me, but Garden Web has its own specific set of trading rules. What is good somewhere else, does not necessarily apply at GW.

I'm baffled and had best quit before I start twitchin.

Due to the mass confusion that is caused by folks using the term sasbe, what does anyone think about a post like this being put on the Main Trade (Exchange) page?

I saw your post offering seeds Free Seeds for BEAP. Maybe in time more and more veteran members will start using BEAP and in time using BEAP will be the 'norm' and there will be a lot less confusion of the terms.

Sue

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Bleh.. sometimes you really wish you could just reach through a computer screen, ya know? And these two have me twitching like Sue and making novella posts when I should be packing seeds for the WOW swap! :P

Which I'm gonna get back to. I just hate seeing someone taking advantage of new members. It's enough to make you ill. And it seems like we're getting a small rash of them lately.

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

OMG! He threw a tantrum and took his toys home! Sorry, but I find that amusing. Perhaps I'm a bad person for that. The way I see it is he shouldn't have been taking advantage of less experienced traders. I know that sometimes what you type isn't always the way it comes across, but we requested several times that he clarify. Yes, we have moderators here, but isn't it our place to help police our own block?

Kathy

Original Author
    15 years ago

OMG! He threw a tantrum and took his toys home!
    Yes, I saw that, but since members don't read all the posts, there will likely be more that respond to the post. Some (busy) body might have to go close it in Big Red Bold,

but isn't it our place to help police our own block?
    You have just been deputized as a Deputy Resident Busy Body....LMAO!
    Yes, I think we are all here to help keep the forums as nice as possible, explaining things and helping when needed. It is the membership as a whole that makes this place the best gardening swap site on the World Wide Wed...imho.

Sue

• scottrell
    15 years ago

He does sound like a big baby. I am amazed that he still cannot see the error of his ways!

I am glad that you all are here. We won't let any bad apples spoil this bunch!

Kathy, no one will think you are a bad person for that.

I am glad that I was not the one to be on the losing battle of wits with Remy, she is one tough, smart cookie!

And Thanks for you too Sue, I could go on all day about you!

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Sue,

Got to agree with you. We are here to help each other and "protect" each other as well.

Sometimes it's a simple misunderstanding and when corrected there is no problem.

THEN, there is the post in discussion, the one we have posted to and asked the questions, pointed out the errors and spelled it out in "polite, but blunt fashion".

And still the response makes zero sense.

Have any of you seen the latest post on "that thread" from Bea? It was perfect and notice there has been no response from the infamous poster? Hmm wonder what that means?

Also noticed that since the first member posted sending the SASBE, the only ones to post to the thread have been "us" asking all the questions.

Hopefully we have done enough to prevent any more members from taking this one up on the offer, and made it clear to all what the rules really are.

We make a perfect team of protection for others.

Good job to all, especially Sue. You rock girl. Don't know what we would do without you.

Fran

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Heh.. there's been another post to that thread. Should I apologize for defaming the poor fellow?

Kathy

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

kathy,

Heaven's no, you have no need to apologize, nor did you "defame the poor fellow".

Honest and fair questions where asked. He sounded like a scammer and still does sound like a scammer.

Couldn't give a straight answer to questions, but loved keeping the thread going.

When the seat got to hot, got trapped in his own words, he decided to "jump ship, move on to greener pastures", cause he got caught in his own web of tales.

Too bad so many newbies where trapped before one of us "popped in to visit".

Sorry gang, I missed that one, but did get the other one.

The other one is not responding to any of "our posts" and no newbies have posted for his seeds.

Fran

• sunny631
    15 years ago

OK, newbie here and let's see if I have this straight. Don't think I do so I am asking.
    First, get bubble envelope
    2nd, put return stamps inside and note with GW name and return addy label
    3rd, write their address on BE and mail?

Is that right? What if my label is much smaller than me writing their address. Can they just put the label on top of the addy already on there.

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

I'm glad you all posted, and my friends from somewhere else came and posted. I felt I was getting nowhere last night. I hate seeing people get taken even if it is for just a few dollars.

Fran,
    I saw Bea's post. It was perfect.
    Remy

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

sunny631,

welcome to the world of seed trading. To answer your question.

For SASBE/BEAP

The trader will tell you what size bubble envelope to send and how much postage to send.

You then take the size bubble envelope asked for and address it to the trader.
    Inside you put the postage stamps and an address label with your name and address on it, and I would suggest a list of the seeds with your GW name and real name on it. Tape it closed and mail it.

When I do SASBE/BEAP I do the following in my e-mail to the member asking for the seeds.

Please send me a, (and I tell the size bubble envelope), a return address label with your name and address on it, a list of the seeds that I am sending you with your GW name and real name on it and (I tell the member how many postage stamps to send me).

I also tell them to just address the bubble mailer to me, put everything I asked for inside, tape it closed and mail it to me. No need to put the mailer inside another mailer to send it to me.

And I tell the member to please e-mail me with any questions.

I also have a limit to the number of days I will hold the seeds and make it clear that I will only hold them for that length of time and the the seeds are back on the trade list and I can't promise to hold the seeds for them.

NOW

For a trade.

You set that up with the trader. You send your end in a bubble envelope with the seeds inside and addressed to the trader. You pay the postage for that mailer to got to the trader on your end. The trader mails seeds to you in a bubble envelope and pays for the postage to send it to you on their end.

Hope that helps to explain things to you.

Fran

• sunny631
    15 years ago

Thank you, Fran. Couldn't be clearer. Much appreciated.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Glad I could help sunny.

Ok gang, i just responded to the last post on the potato seeds thread.

Sue you will be very proud of how I "typed". thanks for the link.

Just a though folks, but do any of you remember the infamous trader with the rare cherry seeds?

Is it me or does the offer kind of sound a bit similar? only this time with potato seeds and not the cherry seeds?

I can't remember the guys name though

Fran

Original Author
    15 years ago

Great post Fran...thanks.

Sue you will be very proud of how I "typed". thanks for the link.
    Hey, I am very proud of you that you mastered italics.

Is it me or does the offer kind of sound a bit similar? only this time with potato seeds and not the cherry seeds?
    The claims do seem similar, only I think that the other offer was for extinct cherry seeds. Remember when he was asked to post a pic of the tree, and he posted a pirated pic of an apple tree?

I can't remember the guys name though
    I do, but won't mention the name and hope no one else does either. He posted not long ago, and it looked like a nice normal trade post. I really believe he has amended his ways having learned from that cherry seed thread that we had so much fun with.

Sue

• gjfarm
    15 years ago

Thanks for the great info Fran. Not new to the board, but have only done a couple of exchanges. Yes, i've put envelopes within envelopes. Maybe too long in the business world but -

SASE = Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
    SASBE = Self Addressed Stamped Business Size Envelope

And I thought I spoke the language of flowers :)

• eileen_shorty2002
    14 years ago

I have always used -- SASBE a (bubble wrap) envelope not a fiber padded envelope. the padding shifts after so many uses & when they get damp or wet to & from your local post offices, they fall apart * the bubble ones survive even after being walked on or after equipment is rolled over them. We had many this past winter that fell apart & others that we could not read the addresses on them. i work in a large postal facility, we toss/throw packages & heavier bubble & fiber filled envelopes all night. Do not even attempt using a standard envelope or a #10. The seeds easily fall out the sides of these envelopes especially when the weather is damp or wet. I have even received small tomato seeds that were crushed because traders did/would not use a padded envelope. Even if you stuff these envelopes with a piece of bubblewrap, this does not work either. The padding shifts & the seeds fall into the bottom of the envelope. If this happens you have to resend the seeds - hope you have plenty more on hand, you need to use another envelope, waste labels & buy more stamps. HOORAY (thanks for buying extra stamps) Time consuming & it holds up trades. Remember where else can you get great trades (sometimes with generous extra seeds) for not much postage & without a shipping & handling charge? Your package arrives usually in 2-4 days Beats walking! We run 7 days a week & even work on holidays - christmas too. where else can you find a bargain?

PLEASE people be careful when reusing old boxes (I know we want to reuse/recycle) but there comes a point - they fall apart quicker. Especially after they are processed & sent on the line to its area code destination. That's when the package gets flicked off their carrier & it falls down into an APC or BMC container -- if your reused box is on the bottom with a lot more packages raining down on top well that box has more of a chance to be crushed and/or opened. Also tape your packages/envelopes very well. (no duct tape) I cover both addresses with tape - if it rains or you have damp weather - an addy written with sharpie will smear.

When I send an SASBE - I put my return address label in the upper left of the padded env. AGAIN I place another return address label on but in THE CENTER of the bubble env. I tape over the whole label. I then place the traders address label over my label & secure it with tape also. When the trader receives my env. all they have to do is:

REMOVE MY return address label from the top left hand corner & replace it with THEIR address label,

REMOVE THEIR taped address label ( my address label will be under theirs)

REMOVE the old postage label or stamps

REACH inside the bubble envelope, take out the postage, apply new stamps

DON'T forget to put in the trade

Inside the env i slip in a homemade business/GW trade card or note thanking them for the trade with the appropriate postage. I use the self-sticking stamps & peel just a small portion of the back of the stamp & stick it to the card or note.

If a larger, heavier box or padded envelope is more than $4.90 even though it is stamped as first class or in a first class envelope or box it is NOT it is considered PRIORITY. any amount over $4.90 is priority. When we see these packages/envelopes coming down the belt we sort them first class & priority & over $4.90 is priority.

Also I have a question I have been trading since 1998 (things were nicer & different than) but my trade info says that I have been a member since February 23, 2001 WHY ??? we used to pay for membership & we received goodies I even have a GW t-shirt. I have traded since spring of 1998 - just not sure why the different date. Trudi should remember then - it is different now.
    SASBE should be self-explanatory & easy to use. nothing confusing about that. also please edit & check your spelling before you post a trade or reply - I have seen quite a few I do not understand or make no sense because of misspelled words. thanks

• eileen_shorty2002
    14 years ago

SASBE is a self-addressed bubble envelope

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Eileen shorty2002,

I am not sure what you where trying to say in your post because it is extremely confusing and not very clear.

I've been around this site and trading seeds for over 6 years. I'm very confused by your post and what you are trying to say and tell people to do.

I can't even begin to imagine a newbie trying to understand what you have said.

So let me start by first correcting you.

SASBE IS NOT A SELF ADDRESSED BUBBLE ENVELOPE.

SASBE IS A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED BUBBLE ENVELOPE.

You said that "SASBE should be self explanatory and easy to use". Well it doesn't seem to be to you, because you have actually given the incorrect definition of what SASBE is.

As for pasting labels here, there and wherever you put them on a bubble envelope and people peal off labels to have it already addressed, I'm still confused by your wording. It isn't clear and is not a convenient thing to do.

Much easier and far easier to understand is to to just address the bubble envelope to the person you are sending it to and put your return address label up in the left hand corner.

If you are sending for free seeds in a BEAP offer or what some people call SASBE offer. (that term is incorrect). The the following should be told to the person sending the bubble envelope for the seeds.

Please send me (whatever size bubble envelope that is required), a return address label with your name and address on it, and the amount of postage required to send the seeds.

The person should be told to just address the envelope to the person, put everything inside the bubble envelope, tape it closed and mail it.

If the person offering the seeds wants additional info as I do, I have them include a list of the seeds I am sending them with their GW name and real name on it, that goes inside the bubble envelope as well.

Can't get any simpler than that, and no confusion in any wording as well or extra time spent putting labels on with tape, then another label over that.
    That's far to much wasted time to be bothered with.

I doubt you will find any Newbie able to follow what you are saying.

Was good that you told them not to use regular envelopes, with padding. that is always a bad idea, but your detail was quite confusing.

As for packages and the price, it would have been so much simpler and easier to understand if you had just simply said

up to and including 13 OZ can go as First Class. Anything above that weight must either go as Priority or Parcel Post.

Postal regulations are very confusing and the simpler the wording, the easier for people to understand.

As for being a good bargain, that's hard for me to agree with, since so many post offices, including almost everyone around me in my town and surrounding towns are doing nothing but outright stealing money from those of us that trade seeds.
    They are and have been stealing money by overcharging on every single bubble envelope that is mailed. They are not charging the correct price and sending them as large letter.

Considering the number of trades and BEAP seeds I send out, I have had hundreds of dollars stolen from me by the US post office and am not pleased with it.

At the moment I do not see them as the great deal that you make them out to be.

Fran

• eileen_shorty2002
    14 years ago

people try to take over .. tell others what to do. it makes it hard on newbies. we were all newbies once. yes i am proud to take anyones $ for my postal salary. especially when plain envs are used & they fall apart, OH or when you stuff too many seeds in the env & the machine rips them open. that's a good one ! that one really stops production. i especially like it when people use marker & when it rains the addresses smudge (if you use sharpie/markers on your packages please put tape over the addresses so they cannot smudge/run & we can legibly read them -- if not --well we have to pull that env -walk over, try & look that illegible address up so the paying public will receive their mail. try ordering from a seed company that sends your order in a plain non-bubble wrapped env & your patiently waited on seeds get crushed. then besides the expensive seeds, they charge shipping and handling too. that's when i say DUH should have just searched the GW - someone always has extra to share. most GW traders i have traded with are happy to share & enjoy enclosing a bonus pack.

as for me a SASBE IS a self-addressed bubble wrap envelope and i will post as such. ok...

TO send an SASBE:

#1. place a bubble wrap envelope in front of you. now -
    #2. place YOUR address label in the middle of that env - put tape over it
    #3. now place the GW traders addressed label over it secure that with tape (if not we at the post office will send it back to you and keep your $$$$)
    #4. place the agreed upon seeds - the correct postage inside and mail .... ohhhhh don't forget to put a return addy label in the upper left corner.
    and don't forget if you can't stand your post office -- pay a lot so i can enjoy all your stolen dollars.

when the GW trader receives that SASBE self-addressed bubble wrapped envelope ---all they have to do is take their sticker off the front and YOUR address is under their label

open the envelope, take out your new seeds, put in the agreed upon seeds to be traded, take the enclosed postage - put the new stamps on the front of the envelope and send my self addressed stamped bubble wrap envelope back to me with MY new seeds.

when i trade on the GW i always include extra seeds and love to receive them. as for me, i will pay my $1.00 or less - receive my new treasures & enjoy any bonus seeds that arrive in 2-3 days ! i will package them appropriately as not to have the post office over charge me - i hope these instructions are now simple. maybe we should find another post office. if i lost that much $$$$ i would just order from a catalog. since 1998 i have notice people are pickier and pickier - if you want a MUST HAVE with no substitutions, order your seeds and post any extras on the GW. you will always find someone who will appreciate these special seeds.

as for my confusing plain envelope findings:

please do not use a plain env or a #10 (the long) env because your seeds will be crushed. writing please hand cancel on the env does not work. if the envs are too thick they are handled like the padded envelopes. thin, flat envs are run through a sorter & your seeds are guaranteed to be crushed. enclosing a piece of bubble wrap " TO PROTECT " the contents does not work either. the bubble wrap shifts to one side & the item/s crush. i have brought home seeds that were spilled everywhere; maybe they were yours.

do not trade with me if you cannot protect these seeds with a bubble wrapped "not a BEAP to me" env. you risk --- crushed seeds, using another env, wasting postage, wasting labels, more seeds (hope you have a lot to resend) & you waste time MINE & YOURS. pay me now or pay me later.

go post office mail handlers !!!

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

OK ladies, lets play nice.
    I've read both of your post several times and understand your SASBE/BEAP requirements. Neither are confusing to me.
    jim_6b

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hiya Jim!
    I agree.
    I don't think it was ever that hard to figure out in the first place.

Original Author
    14 years ago

people try to take over .. tell others what to do.
    Eileen, I really do not understand what you are saying here. I really don't see where anyone is trying to take over, tell others what to do, or how to do it.

it makes it hard on newbies. we were all newbies once.
    Yes, and if you will read all of the replies above, you will see that newbies are often confused by sasbe...and that several have sent a bubblie inside of another envelope, just as some have received in some bubblies that were sent inside another envelope. If you were more of a 'regular' here at the Seed Exchange like a lot of us,(I see there are 8 posts for you here) you would know that the question of "What does sasbe and sase mean?" seems to come up about every month or so...besides all of the private emails I and others likely get asking for an explanation.

I'm all for the 'offering' member posting however they wish, and then explaining what they want/expect from those that respond.

i will package them appropriately as not to have the post office over charge me - i hope these instructions are now simple. maybe we should find another post office.
    Eileen, you have evidently not read the posts here covering the ongoing problem with post offices across the country overcharging for the past 2 years since shape based pricing was implemented. It is not an easy thing to have to travel to find a PO that will charge correctly. A customer should not have to go to the extra time, trouble and expense to avoid being overcharged. In many many cases talking to the supervisor or even the post master solves nothing.

I'm quitting before I start twitchin bad at the thought of the USPS stealing from customers rather than train their clerks, supervisors, postmasters, and mangers properly, so that all are 'on board' with the new shape based pricing.

Shall we maybe agree to just disagree? Friends?

• dorisl
    14 years ago

Perhaps we should do away with the acronyms?

:)

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Giving a thumbs up to Doris and to Jim.

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Oh no, Sue's twitching again.
    Sue close your eyes, breath slowly and count to 100(some people count to ten to calm down, but that was never enough for me). If that doesn't work, grab some duct tape and wrap it tightly around your head. It might just keep it from exploding.
    jim_6b

• dorisl
    14 years ago

You guys DO NOT want to be around here is Sue starts that twitching thing, she's prolly been drinking too much coffee today also.

Is it sunny or rainy in IN today? We've been going back and forth between the two for the last week. I think that's really good for the plants, and for me cuz I doesnt haz to water anything.

Original Author
    14 years ago

You guys DO NOT want to be around here is Sue starts that twitching thing, she's prolly been drinking too much coffee today also.
    You guessed'er Chester!

Is it sunny or rainy in IN today?
    I had such great big plans for the day as it started out cool and overcast, unlike the above normal temps we have had here lately. Before I could finish with my coffee and get dressed...you guessed it...it started to sprinkle lightly. By the time I was dressed, it was a full blown light shower...more than I wanted to go walking in. It has since cleared off, so I am debating whether or not to take a nap (and maybe just call it a day) or maybe take the furbabies for a nice walk back to the woods.
    I missed lunch, so maybe had best go do that before anything else.

Yes, it is good to not have to water, and a chance of rain is predicted daily until and including Sat.

I think I'm going to eat, and nap, and then maybe later go for a walk.

Here ya go Doris!
    {{gwi:27158}}

• dorisl
    14 years ago

Sue you really should probably eat something WITH your coffee and buffer the caffiene a little bit.

• eileen_shorty2002
    14 years ago

if you are not pleased- either find a new post office or buy your seeds directly from any catalog. ANY package whether a large envelope or box if it costs more than $4.90 we consider that package PRIORITY not first class. even if the package is marked first class or has labels all over it stating first class - it is sent as priority (except media mail)

i like my 3 post offices and go mailhandlers

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Eileen, I have a question for you. If you have a bubble envelope that is 6"X9", Thicker than 1/4" but less than 3/4" and weighs less than 1 ounce, how much postage do your three wonderful post offices charge to mail it.
    jim_6b

Original Author
    14 years ago

bump

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

Since I am a newbie here, was just wanting to say what a great site this is with all the forums and the info that is availibil to us new ones. The process is simple to learn and e-z to follow. Thxs to Sue for taking time and answering question and giving instruction on BEAP BEAP (thinking that was the road runner after tweety bird again) HAHA! The feeling I get is I am among friends and community family of "DIRT THERAPIST". Best site I have found on t WWW. Now I can get started with plants and seeds and start "GET DOWN AND GET DIRTY"

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Mikey!

Sue...resident busy bldy

Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping this up.

I offered up some seeds to a 4 year member and was quite surprised when I received a bubblie inside of a bubblie. I see she has lots of nice seed trading reviews, but I guess was just not familiar with either offering or responding to any seeds for postage offers.

I think in the next Seeds for Postage offer I'm gonna call it a S.F.P

• gwen49
    14 years ago

I want to thank everone for the clarity.I'm a newby, and I was going to send A SASE, business envelope inside of an envelope.Back when I did a lot of refunding, this was what it meant.

For several days now Hubby has forgotten to pick up the padded envelopes for me,several lovely folks are waiting to sened me seeds/ get my envelopes,I threatened him with bodily harm last night.LOL,I would never hurt him, he has to be the only man on earth that would put up with me!

Original Author
    14 years ago

Welcome gwen49!

I want to thank everone for the clarity.I'm a newby, and I was going to send A SASE, business envelope inside of an envelope.Back when I did a lot of refunding, this was what it meant.
    Yep. SASE and SASBE is confusing since it really only involves one envelope, and it being a bubblie with the stamps and address label to be 'enclosed, among other things..

I suggest you get your Member Page email link set up so you can easily be reached.

Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues for instructions on getting it set up. How can enablers reach you without an email link...lol.

I also suggest you filling out your Member Trade List, even if it just for the things you are looking for. Often/usually folks who are sending seeds for postage will reference a member's wish list to see if they can fill any specific wants. The instructions fer setting up your list are also in the link above for newbies.

Hope hubby gets those padded mailers picked up for you.

Sue

• buzzbeedd
    14 years ago

I too am new in town. It's wonderful to find such a community of caring and sharing people on the web. The wealth of information, wisdom, and experience is priceless. Thank you to whomever run/police this site for keeping it nice and clean.

Just some thoughts...A lot of the good advice in this thread and and in the "newby" threads aren't very clear in the Seed Exchange FAQ. When I first joined, I read the FAQs and searched for threads to find answers. That's hours of reading to get through some of those really long threads. (For instance, not sending the envelope inside an envelope isn't mentioned in the FAQ. I probably first read it here in Dec. '09) Anyway, I think I found the most clear instructions in the Winter Sowing FAQs...

Also, Eileen mentioned the sender clear taping over labels. That might be a really good idea for those mailng to cold climates. Use freezer tape or cover the label. I recently received a BEAP with an all purpose office products type label on it on a -10F day. The edges were curled and it was hardly holding on. Cudos to the mail carrier for keeping the label with the package. DD

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler