o
Abbreviations

Posted by colcol 5a (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 4:20

What does OBF and MNF stand for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abbreviations

They are both abbreviations used in Round Robin swaps....found at The Round Robin Forum linked below. There are various types of Round Robin swaps.

MNF means Making New Friends....I believe.
OBF, I am not sure of.

Round Robin Exchange There are some FAQ at the top of the Forum page there, you might want to check out.

Sue...resident busy body

o
RE: Abbreviations

And OBF stands for "Our Blooming Friends"

Both acronyms are for different Round Robin swap groups.
Making New Friends (MNF) does not have any requirements for becoming a member and joining in the monthly swaps. Just post that you wish to join the current swap and the host for that month, or any other member, will be more than happy to help guide you.

Our Blooming Friends (OBF) does have membership requirements, one of which, I believe, is having successfully completed a trade with two different members and then being assigned a "Big Sister" to help guide you. For OBF, I believe that Carol (veeja11) is one of the people who keeps everything organized, so you might email her to get more details.

There are several other groups as well with various acronyms. Most of them have requirements to become a member of that group. MNF is an organized group with no membership requirements. There are also some Round Robins that are just ideas that an individual thought would be an appealing swap, but are generally just a one time swap rather than an organized monthly group swap.

If you have questions about joining any swap, you can either post that you'd like to join the swap and ask for someone to let you know what you'll need to do. You'll get several people willing to help you learn :) Or, you can just email the person who posted the opening post for that particular swap :)

All that said, and I hope I didn't confuse you more! :), I am a member of MNF and would be happy to help you with that group. Just email me at kathyl.walker@yahoo.com and make sure you put GW in the subject line and include your GW ID in the email so I know who I'm talking to!

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here