Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Online Seed Sites

Posted by ollierose 7, Atlanta, GA (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 9:28

I'd love to know what sites are your favorite for buying seeds (if you buy them).

I'm also intereted to know why - good price, quality, service, selection?

Thanks!
Diana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Online Seed Sites

Comstock Ferre because I can buy a heap of cherry rose nasturtiums or snow in summer etc to cover a ditch etc if I want to they have lrg cheap qtys of everything and seeds have done well for me.
MainstreetSeedand Supply kind of for the same reason I do a sunflower circle every year with mixed colorsand i can buy them in bulk for decent prices as well as anything else I want to plant in mass qty like four o clocks etc.
Holland Bulbs because I got a great deal on stargazer and like 1200 red appledorn tulips for el cheapo on clearance and they all came up!
I like thompson and morgan for their bean varieties .
And valueseeds.com for large amts of cheap flower seeds.
I like south carolina seed foundation for heirloom veggie varieties.
Wylie House Museum for heirloom seeds also.
Aunt Martha's seeds (heirlooms)
superseeds.com for cheaper prices on squash and pumpkins
I like the georgia,louisiana,mississippi and fla market bulletins for home garden seeds you send an sase and cash for but the georgia market bulletin is my favorite.
I like underwood gardens because they have a nice variety.
I like wherehollyhocksbloom.net for their seed variety in colors of hollyhocks and also wuv n acres for the same reason.
I like commercial catalogues too but rarely order from them I kind of like an off the path type places with old fashioned things.Without all the touched up graphics on the veggie pictures .
There are a few places on ebay i usually like to look for seeds there like onalees .Usually too if you like to buy japanese morning glories or a group of something you can usually find someone on ebay who has gotten all the varieties they could find of the rare things and grown them out and you don't have to do all the work searching for seeds.
And of course sharing and free are always great here on GW.
Can't wait to hear everyone elses faves.

o

Valueseeds.com...Inexpensive seeds, and just $1.99 shipping on all orders. What they have to offer changes periodically and often they have more than just the 4 pages they have shown now.

Sue

o

i orderd from valueseeds last year n loved em!

o

Thank you so much for the great sites!

I'm always looking for new places to order from and now I have some to check out!

Diana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here