Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone else having to put gardening aside due to canning?

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 30, 08 at 10:36

Sheesh...I wanna go out and play, yet the produce needs put up now!

I'm so behind on even answering emails, getting some things out for postage (Yikes...members prepaid a week or two ago), and even responding to some seed trades I posted to.
I'm being a real deadbeat, but it sure is not by choice.

Hopefully here in the next few days, I will get a reprieve and get to do some much needed GW catching up. As it is, I just stop by here briefly when on break from things.

This morning it is salsa, and then on to the beans I broke into the night last night...and then there are maters that are getting very ripe on a table outside, and more to be picked again! When will this madness end?

Anyone else in my predicament?

If I owe you an email reply, or responded to a trade post, please know I will indeed get back in touch with you all...hopefully here soon.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone else having to put gardening aside due to canning?

I'm hoping to be in that predictment next year when I plant a veggie garden. Of course, Sue, then I'll have to bug you about how to can..."G"

o

I'll gladly try and help. I suggest you getting one of the newer Ball Blue Books that covers canning, freezing, and preserving. It might make some good wintertime reading as you 'plan' out all the goodies you plan to plant next season.

So far today I have done a batch of salsa, 14 quarts of green beans, and now have another batch of salsa cooking and about 16 quarts of tomatoes cooking. Buckets are washed and jars are ready. I guess I could go pick more maters, but then I would have to 'deal' with them.
I wanna get this stuff done, so I can later spray some round-up. I don't want to spray until I am all done handling any produce or utensils in any way...sigh. Guess I could also go and water something...or pick the grapes...sigh

o

hmmm..maybe wine out of the grapes..."G"

o

luky sue! i miss canning.
i made my garden bigger this year but not getting enough for canning. not one green pepper yet:(

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 31, 08 at 21:45

Hi Sue,
I am behind due to canning and preparing for the tomato party!
I've done salsa and blackberry jam. I'm doing hot pepper jam tommorrow. Plus I have to do tomatoes tomorrow too. Oh I need to save tomato seeds too!
Remy

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 31, 08 at 23:41

I think the squirrels and bunnies got more to can than I do.

some pickles maybe...

:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here