Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks Like I'm not the only one...lol

Posted by magickcrafter (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 08 at 12:46

Thanks for the great feedback on my 20 cents worth... I see the post office should have it's own thread... lol.. When asking if "this list was like that" I was referring to the frustration of having to pay the extra postage regularly... It looks like it is and 'can' be a regular part of trading... I love this list... I have Netstamps and just hit the butttons and let it figure the postage out. Hopefully no-one has had to pay additional in getting a package from me.... thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks Like I'm not the only one...lol

I have Netstamps and just hit the butttons and let it figure the postage out.
What are Netstamps?

If you were to send an empty bubble envelope to someone, what cost would 'it' figure you should affix?

All empty bubble envelopes should be going for 83 cents, with NO exceptions. If you are receiving in BE with postage due, you really should try and address the problem with your Post Master/Mistress. They may not know their employees are overcharging by demanding that postage is due.
For that matter, I have found that there are numerous Post Masters/Mistress/Supervisors out there that are unaware themselves that the majority of seed trades are to go as Large Envelope rates, as opposed to parcels.

Most seed trades are under 3/4" thick, flexible, and should be uniformly thick if the seeds have been taped down to a piece of paper to keep them from shifting and bunching up.

First Class Mail costs for Letters, Large Envelopes, and Packages/Parcels

Please note...LETTER rate does not apply because almost all BE are over 1/4 " thick, even if they are empty. The PO has a template to drop them through to see if they are under 1/4", or if the they must go up to the next tier of Large envelope.

Lastly...MOST Post Offices it seems are just charging Parcel Rate in error it seems.

If you want to assist in trying to get the problem solved across the country

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here