Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
aagghhhh!!!

Posted by lindaruzicka Z6 PA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 13:20

You know, I planted a pot of basil and oregano and put it outside my patio door. I put them DELIBRATELY inside the fence on the patio so the bunnies and deer wouldn't eat them. SO there they were, growing so beautifully, just about ready to pick and dry and...WHOOSH..they're gone! I couldn't figure out what happened to them until I noticed a parsley leaf hanging out of my youngest dog, Piper, mouth..."sigh"....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: aagghhhh!!!

Oh no!.....lol....don't mean to chuckle,but my goodness is that funny! At least your pup has good taste,right? :)

o

she didn't even look sorry!.."L"

o
re: oh my no! hmmmm........

I would never have guess that a dog would eat something like green herbs basil and oregano

Maybe Piper needs more toys.

My youngest, Kiley, is about 16 months now, but she hasn't chewed on or bothered much of my stuff for many months now...unlike other furbabies that I could not trust for 2-3 years. Kiley still has some stuffed animals strewn about the yard, that she seldom plays with, but she knows they are hers.

Looks like you might have to affix something like chicken wire around that pot. Hopefully it was just pruned and will grow back some b4 freezing temps arrive.

Sue

o

I think I might put it onto my patio table, without the chairs!

o

Of course she wasn't sorry!Those were tasty!...lol....
I believe she would eat them,many dogs and cats like vegetation,I had a cat that loved garden tomatoes and good Italian bread and would go crazy for a taste of any kind of melon! My Deeogee,loved herbs,especially Basil. So yes, putting them out of "paws" reach would probably be a good idea.At least your baby had a shot at them and not those other greedy critters...lol...I am an animal lover,but sometimes those wild beasts make me crazy! :)

o

Tell her next time your gonna turn her into doggy burger and add her to the spaghetti sauce LOL.

When the weather is not so hot I could sent you a nice start of oregano...it is growing wild at my daughter's house. Kim

o

yeah, the peppermint she didn't touch...that stuff you can't kill.."L".

I'd appreciate that Kim, let me know about the postage..thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here