Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Think GW needs to post on the exchanges

Posted by aquadragonfly 7b NC (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 15:57

As a HEADER before the post start ASKING FOR FREE SEEDS/PLANTS IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS WEBSITE GARDENWEB IS A PLACE TO SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE AND TRADE FOR THINGS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, YOU WILL BE BANNED IF YOU POST A REQUEST FOR FREE SEEDS/PLANTS.
DO NOT SOLICIT OUR MEMBERS BY SENDING PRIVATE EMAILS WITH THESE REQUEST IF YOU CHOSE TO PRACTICE THIS BEHAVIOR YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE.
THANK YOU, YOUR FRIENDS AT GARDENWEB.

It seems too much of this is going on recently an I think they should post it someplace public instead of stating READ THE RULES because let's face it WHO REALLY DOES THAT BEFORE posting for free seed/plants???
Where's SPIKE when you need him? GOSH NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER CATCH MYSELF SAYING THAT!!!! (I don't like his trips to Disney land :O.)

Just sayin'
:) Aqua

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Think GW needs to post on the exchanges

I feel like this is directed at me, since my post has gone today.

I sincerely apologize for inconveniencing anyone. For anyone considering helping me, please do not respond to my request for help. Clearly, I'm not following the rules.

I'll remember this and move on. I appreciate those who have responded. Thank you.

o

Monasgardens,

I don't know if this thread was directed at you or not, but all forums do have rules to follow.

Instead of moving on, you should look for posts on the seed exchange forum that are offering free seeds, seeds for postage, BEAP, SASBE, Newbie seeds.

You will find many of those offers on the forum, especially closer to the fall and through the fall and early winter.

Right now, things are kind of slow, as we are collecting seeds and slowly getting them ready for trades.

Fran

o

I feel like this is directed at me, since my post has gone today.
Oh Mona, please don't feel that way. It is quite common for newbies to miss seeing the link or reading the Special Instructions. You certainly weren't the first to have a post pulled and I'm sure you won't be the last.

I agree with what littleonefb said above...Instead of moving on, you should look for posts on the seed exchange forum that are offering free seeds, seeds for postage, BEAP, SASBE, Newbie seeds.

Please check out the link below. It tells how to set up your Member Trade list, even if it is just seeds you are looking for. It explains why that is important. See also the reply in the thread explaining in more detail about the many 'seeds for postage offers

It seems too much of this is going on recently an I think they should post it...........
aquadragonfly,
Please try to remember that these are new members, who just missed seeing the link or reading the instructions. GW is a vast site, and even hard to navigate if one is new....let alone trying to find certain forums, and one's post back.

Let's welcome our newbies and help them in any way we can.

Sue...resident busy body

Here is a link that might be useful: addressing newbie and newer member issues

o

I WAS NOT directing this at anyone and I WAS simply making a statement of FACT this has been happening a LOT lately and I mentioned sending private emails asking for FREE SEEDS and PLANTS, I TOO I recently got emails requesting free seeds.

I DO try to help newbies when I can. I WAS one of the people years ago who ALWAYS helped. There is a discussion on the plants side talking about this too. I just happened to post it on the SEED CONVERSATION SIDE because there is not one here addressing the issue and YES I stand behind my statement, since it isn't easy to navigate here then IT SHOULD BE POSTED ON EACH EXCHANGE PAGE! SO IT IS EASY TO SEE!

Sue, I don't need my hand slapped but thank you.
I have the right to voice my opinion, you do when you feel like it and I should be able to as well.
So let's ALL play nice an get along shall we? Smooches and Hugs!

o

I left the forum for the most part for three or four years because I got tired of all the posts asking for seeds for postage. When I joined I actually did read the rules. I went out a bought seeds. I bought bubblewrap envelopes and seed envelopes and labels. Then I offered to trade.
This forum is called SEED EXCHANGE which I think should be a heads up to newbies that we exchange seed we don't ask for it.
BTW, I miss Spike. I liked when we had rules and someone made sure we followed them. Yes I got spanked a couple of times but rather than fighting I learned how to post. Back then at least when I came to the forum to trade I found traders.
I agree that we need to be nice to newbies as I am sure that all of us made mistakes but isn't something expected from new members?
The usual response for new members who are reminded that this is a trading forum is to get pouty and rather than simply say that they missed the rules they stomp off like children.
Words that I hate most are "I can send postage" like I get something out of that other than collecting the seed, packaging the seed, miling the seed and seldom even getting a TY.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here