Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ollierose

To all those friends with Graanieb

ollierose
15 years ago

I've spoke with Bea via email today and they are evacuating to a friends place. They've been able to do some preparation before leaving and are hoping for the best.

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I will post here if I here from her.

Diana

Comments (23)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Thank you Diana,
    I was thinking about her a few days ago, thinking I should email her. I wish I had. If you do hear anything from her you let her know we are thinking about her!

Will be keeping her and her daughter in my thoughts and prays for sure!

:) Fran

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I'll be keep her in my thoughts. Glad she evacuated. Its better to be safe.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Thanks Diana, I got an e-mail from her as well and if I hear from her I will post info too.

She's really having a tough time right now health wise and this is not good.

I can't imagine going through this kind of disaster twice in all but exactly 3 years.

Fran

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Thank you for letting us know. She is a wonderful person... Thinking of her and her duaghter. Barb

• bakemom_gw
    15 years ago

After Katrina I sent a bunch of seeds to a rescue worker in Mississippi. I know that a number of GWers relocated and did not go back to the coast. I was wondering about our friends this weekend. Thanks for the update. We will have seeds ready for those who wish them after this is over.

• pumkingal
    15 years ago

I was wondering about her also, we have had some great conversations over the years, my prayers are with her, please let us know if any one hears from her, I will set aside seeds for her, been watching the news alot not sure how this will go, praying, Lisa

• karyn1
    15 years ago

I was relieved to hear from her DD (I think that's who sent the email) today saying that they were exhausted but safe in Gentilly. I hope there's no damage and they can go back home soon. Poor Bea has been through enough lately.
    Karyn

• ollierose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I sent Bea an email this morning and didn't get the usual speedy reply. I imagine they aren't allowed back home yet, but I did let her know that we were all thinking of her.

Anyone else here from her since yesterday?

I'll post as soon as I know something.

Diana

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

I haven't heard from her either and just sent another e-mail to her. I remember the last time she evacuated, 3 years ago, it was a couple of days before she could get any internet access. may be the same thing going on now.

Will post when I hear from her.

Fran

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Thanks gang. I will be looking for an update. I have a goodie to send to her, but sure don't want to send it if there is a possibility she won't even be there to receive it.

Sue

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

please send her our thoughts and prayers if you do hear from her ! This am on the news they said there are still thousands without power...so she may not have a way yet to contact anyone..

Thanks for the updates, and hope to hear she is well, and didnt have too much damage soon !

• ollierose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I get the inside scoop on the hurricanes at my office. Currently those without power:

Louisiana - 1,039,536 people (49%)
    Mississippi - 88,645 people (6%)

It may be a while before she can contact any of us.

• graanieb
    15 years ago

We're back home safely, thank God and thank you all for caring and prayers. We're so glad for power -all kinds of power, much more to tell you later, love to you all.

Bea and Mary

• ollierose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Woohoo! Glad to hear it Bea!

Take your time getting settled back in at home and give us a shout when you can.

Diana

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Yeah, she's back. Bea so glad to hear you and Mary are safe and home again.

We will be patient, right ladies? till we hear from you with all you have to tell us and you bet, we got seeds for you.

Fran

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Yay! You know I was serious about you coming here right Bea? :)
    Many Hugs and so happy to hear you are all safe!:)

• graanieb
    15 years ago

I've thought the long-about 3 screens, message---might be unacceptable- just would like it back so I can e-mail it to everyone , please moderators?

small stuff we can't sweat about....playing music.

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Small stuff being my message removed after I posted it, probably too long.
    Again -thank God, all along, for watching over us, thankully storms had cooled the air and water for a while now, even if a little- makes larger hurricanes less likely.
    Inland La and Miss suffered almost as strong winds and power outages, will be a while before everyone recovers, hopefully wont have to evacuate for Ike, please keep praying. We'd not have stayed if it was predicted to hit land higher that cat 3, it's hard for me to evacuate so extra prayers are needed. Thank you all, love you, see you in emails, eventually.
    Oh, whatever seeds you need, please let me know, I brought them all with me, plus almost all plants survived.

Bea and Mary- my charity angel

• graanieb
    15 years ago

We've got mail and garbage pickup back yesterday and this morning 5 newspapers we've missed since sunday were delivered at once. Lots of small branches and leaves to be cleaned up, I'm almost thru except for the Senna tree that our friend will take care of later--he's got bigger branches closer to the house, another friend had a large tree fall away from the house, luckily, unusual looking outside with a bigger view of the skies.
    Good seeing hummingbirds busy and playful around the feeder, other birds and butterflies too and we seem to have the most butterflies this year. Flowers are sighing with releaf too.

Waiting to hear more from you all, e-mailing you all soon, hope you're all well and have a good weekend, with love,

Bea
    your prayers are appreciated very much

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

*hugs* Glad you and your pretties are all ok! :)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Oh, whatever seeds you need, please let me know, I brought them all with me,
    Bea...you mean when you packed your necessities, your kitties and their necessities, probably important papers, and pics, that you then also grabbed your seeds and took them also?

That is priceless!

So glad you are back home, and that things are starting to return to normal a bit.

I've thought the long-about 3 screens, message---might be unacceptable- just would like it back so I can e-mail it to everyone , please moderators?
    I'm sorry, but as far as I know, there is no way to retrieve anything that was not accepted. It just went off into cyberspace, I imagine...sorry.

Sue

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Good seeing you again Grove, sorry -can't remember your name now--yes, thankfully made it back safely -me and my pretty plus daughter Mary and 4 kitties -all have been thru a few evacuations and this is the first time we stayed so close, wouldn't have if it was stronger than cat 2, still we thought afterwards it wasn't worse than staying in traffic like forever.
    Btw, I've basil-a few kinds, our fav is Thai, then lime and lemon, also Kale winterbor and more- check my list, let me know, glad to share extras.

HUGS
    Bea

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Yes, we had prepared for days -car trunk was full, 4 kitties went last in 3 carriers- 2 of them kept crying- imagine one crying all the way to Houston in 2005? She's a wise 17 year old Siamese who tried to open the cage while laying on her back-we called it -doing Houdini, lol
    You got to talk to them more, assure them we are all there.
    Seeds were in 4 bags in the freezer, was easy to remember them as we were empting the fridge in case of power failure -after K we had no power for 2 weeks, said it then never leave any food in the fridge.
    Only seeds I left were drying on the kitchen table, mostly JMG- send me your addy again, this year we have the prettiest JMGs, other things too, let me know.
    Oh well, another lesson learned ( message length limits) -thanks for assuring me it was programmed as I suspected and hoped).
    After relaxing that's when we tend to reflect and tears come at times, naturally.
    Mary's especially glad SAINTS will play today-in Superdome
    ---welcome distraction, as it was needed when they returned after Katrina---Go Saints!!!

Go us and US, go back where you came from, Ike!!

Hugs,
    Bea

Sponsored