Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
heirloom seeds etc.

Posted by medontdo 5b Ks (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 23, 09 at 17:52

i think we are going to start trading for them. that boy of mine **big grin** has decided that he wants to try them because he hears that they are really tasty!! Hee Hee so i guess this fall, i will be trading for them, and planting them in the gh, how interesting!! **big smile** i have one new friend who only plants heirlooms and has givin me a few, so that's a start, but we like tomato's so there will be alot of trading for them and beans, peas, and melons, ohhhh and we must not forget the other vege's now that i am finding that i just might be diabetic, how terrible that my body is deciding that it wants to follow the path of its ancestors!! **sigh** but i'm fighting it anyhow!! WOO HOO!!! i can't believe how supportive that my husband is being!! he usually is not that much, but he has been bringing home the protein and things like that to make sure i am ok!!
and he hasn't been to bad about the stuff i have been wanting to plant!! even though the beds have grown over with that darned grass!! i just got overwhelmed with that stuff after the trip back from oregon and when i seen it, it was so tall i just couldn't even think of all that grass!! that's my bad secret!! **shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone** **grinn** ~medo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: heirloom seeds etc.

Hi medo. First time I'm browsing in this part of seed exchange. Some
how didn't notice it before. There is a vegetable that is good for diabetes.
Bitter Melon. I started growing it because I have a lot of philipino co-workers
and they gave me some plants. It does not take very long to get use to the
bitter flavor and it has lots of vitamins. The vine is pretty and the yellow
flowers smell like jasmine..You should check into it for next summer. If
you want I have extra seeds

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here