Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my post

Posted by farmingvillefarmer East Coast zone 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 18:23

please if anyone here gets the chance can you see my post under the growing under lights forum. So far the people in this forum are very helpful. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my post

Farmingvillefarmer's Post

FYi...going forward, it is best to post such things on the Conversation side of the forum here, as the Discussion side is for actual trading only. Sometimes GW will move non trade posts over to the Conversation Side here. The link to (off Topic) Conversations, is just above the list of all the threads.

If you don't find your threads, just check the Conversation side.

Glad you find the forum folks helpful.

Sue...resident busy body

o
RE: my post

Hi! Me again! I just had my first growing under lights experience this past winter. It was awesome! All I used was regular old shop lights,one warm and one cold. I bought those reflective blankets you can buy in sporting goods,lined my shelves,top and bottom and wrapped it around the whole unit. I left it so it could be opened in the front. Also,you will need a fan,I put mine in such a way that it could blow upward up one side of the unit.It made for great circulation. It was also suggested to use an osculating fan in the room. Another piece of advise I got was to sterilize your soilless seed starting mix,I used pro mix. I was also advised to use a peroxide solution to mist the flats/plants,1 tablespoon water to quart spray bottle. I dont know if it had anything to do with it or not,but I suffered no damp off or bug problems! Also,keep the lights within 2-4 inches of the plants,it prevents them from getting lanky. I did everything I was advised to do and I had great results. Good luck! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here