Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plant_one_on_me

Bummer

plant-one-on-me
15 years ago

I was so looking forward to finding a way to extend my gardening season this year and was planning on making some nice hoops for my square foot veggie garden. I even planted some things I thought would take the cool temps of late fall and wanted to see how long I could keep them going into winter. I saw the doctor on Thursday and was told I needed to have some surgery earlier rather than later. (Need a hyst and some reconstructive surgery). I was so hoping to wait until January but been having some problems so I scheduled my surgery for mid October.

Looks like I will need to get the garden cleaned up, amended and ready for winter by the beginning of October. Oh well. I have been reading up on the WS method and think I'll just have to do that this winter!

Kim

Comments (3)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

well Kim, there's always Spring..."trying to help you look on the bright side"..

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Kim,let me start by saying,I hope your surgery goes well,having the spring to look forward to will definitely help with recovery!
    You are right,this would be a perfect opportunity for you to try out the ws method. You could prepare your containers before your surgery and sow your seeds after you are feeling a little better, or you could sow them in December for the Solstice. Either way it will be possible! If you run short on seeds,you have me,so you are all set! We will be pulling for you all the way! :)

• chrizty
    15 years ago

good luck with your surgery,
    the SW idea sounds good:)