Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
do ya like something SOOOO much ya get Crazy and.....

Posted by medontdo 5b Ks (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 31, 09 at 22:30

like the 15 bean soup, i love it so much, i decided that i would go ahead and take, ohhhhhh about 6-7 of each and every one of the seeds out and plant them! yes, i'm so nuts now!! and while i'm at this, talla is busy letting some soak in water and doing some kinda experiment!! LOL life of a busy child!! **big smile** i think i will add some black beans to that!! LOL so do ya do stuff like that?? **grin**
~medo
P.S.
my crazy answer would be yes, all the time!! LOL **big smile**

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do ya like something SOOOO much ya get Crazy and.....

Some people would see a bag a beans and others would see a bag of SEEDS. lol My kids taped zip lock bags with beans and a moist paper towel in them to a window at school for an experiment. It's a good way to see how the roots grow.

Are you planting beans NOW? I haven't done a lot of veggie gardening but I would think that it's too late in the year for those. Good practice for next summer though if it is.

I've been planting more and more edibles and just scatter them around the yard since I don't have a traditional vegetable garden. I've saved seeds from store bought melons several times to grow. Sometimes our grocery store will have unusual melons like casaba, canary or Christmas melons and it's a good way to give them a try without spending much.

Do you have a special recipe for 15 bean soup or is it the ones that come with a seasoning packet in the bag?

o

I always add diced pepers and salsa, taking it to the spicy side. seave it with chili cheese cornbread ....yummmm!

o

WHEW!! labor day was crazy!! LOL
no i don't have a special recipe, just the store bought one, i love that one! but i'm thinking later, i might add ones to it as i get to know the beans more, i love colorful beans!! **big smile** and then we just add chunks of ham to it anyhow!! LOL this last time we added ground virginia turkey. LOL it was really good!! :') **big smile** but then, i'm nuts!! **grin**
i love the sound of that, diced peppers and salsa!! i will have to try that!! we love spicy, or i should say, i love the spicy and they love the mild spicy. **big smile** ~medo

o

Can you just start with a home made french onion soup and play with it????I would think so!A couple of crockpots of home made soup was always a must on the weekends-we were always doing wood and were in and outta the house grabbing a cup of warm soup when we needed a break...

o

i'd think so wendy!! it sounds like a great idea. we are going to start having alot more soups. mainly beans, but alot more soups!! especially since the coldness has hit!! BRRRRR!!!! ~medo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here