Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Shape Based pricing Template-Contact your local PO

Here ya go Fran, and some other folks who have been having to just put up with being overcharged for the past 15 months.

I found This page at the USPS

It says...

To help determine mailpiece size, use Notice 3-S, First-Class Mail Shape-Based Pricing Template. Contact your local Post Office to obtain one.

I will call my local PO tomorrow, and get the details (cost, availability, whatever) I had talked to my Post Master some time back about them being available to the public, and he was not aware that they were, but we both thought it would be a good idea if they were available. I'm sure if he doesn't have the details, that he will certainly get them for me. I have some of the most wonderful local PO folks. They are really on the ball, and aim to please.

Sue

Comments (10)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I made a mistake when trying to make the above link clickable.

Here is is Hopefully that will work. See over on the right under FYI

I just talked with my Post Master. He is going to check about the possible availability of these for me/us. He is the greatest!

Sue...who wishes you all had such a great Post Master as I do.

Original Author
    15 years ago

My Postmaster finally got word that they are available for the customer. He has some ordered, and I'll let you know once I receive mine. I was not told that there would be any charge for the template, so we shall see.

Sue

Original Author
    15 years ago

I asked today if there was a charge for the template, and was told there was no charge. Once I see how long it takes for me to get mine (he is going to send it on out to me I think), I will let you all know what you need to request from your PO. If you have problems getting the template, my postmaster said he will see about helping get them.
    I have emailed my postmaster links to many of the postage threads. He has seen for himself that there is a problem across the states, and that it is not limited to a certain region. He is trying to help me help those others who have clueless (my words, not his) clerks and Postmasters.

Sue

• medontdo
    15 years ago

did you get the actual plastic template or the paper one?

Original Author
    15 years ago

I have not gotten it yet, but I believe it will be just like the clerks have that they are 'supposed' to use...a firm cardboard like thing with glossy coating, and the 2 different sized slotsin it.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i will have to ask mine for one. geez after today i really want to now. and a scale, i want one!! LOL ~Medo

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

Sue- Did you get your template? The links above didn't work, but I'll ask for one at the PO next time I'm there if you got the actual template, and not just a PDF paper (which I see is available online, but of no use if it's not actual size and useable.)

It's almost seed-trading season, and I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'd like to refresh my postage info.
    Thanks!

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi mmqc.

Yes, I did get mine. My postmaster had said if others had problems, to have me let him know. I anticipated no one else being able to really get one through their PO and didn't really know if he really wanted to take on the task of helping others across the US to get one. I imagine there are budgets for all the local Post Offices and I didn't know how that would work.

Here is a pic of mine though.

{{gwi:27504}}

I have to go to town this afternoon, so I'll stop and see if my Post Master is in and has a minute to talk. He is a super busy guy....I'm guessing that is because he is so good at what he does.

Yes, I too noticed that the link no longer works and couldn't find anything else on line that says they are to be made available to the general public for free.

hmmm...if my PO has any, would you want me to pick you one up and mail it to you? It would be a First Class Parcel rate...12 OZ,,,$3.09. I doubt if you want to pay that though for something you should be able to get for free if the Post Master in your area knows his job....unless they really are no longer available to the general public.

It sure comes in handy, coupled with the cheap postal scale I got on Ebay. I always know exactly what the correct postage is, and don't pay the 'Postage Due' when I occasionally get an overcharged envy. Instead I show it at the PO and they see it was not to have been marked as Postage Due, but there is no way of knowing who or where it was stamped that way.

Sue...who refuses to start twitchin

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I requested one at my PO this morning. The clerk told me that had received only a "few" and she would have to look for me if I wanted to wait.
    I wanted to wait and it was worth it. I was able to take one home.
    Happy Day!
    Alana

• medontdo
    14 years ago

i'm asking hubs to ask for one tomarow. we'll see if they have one on hand or not. i hope so!! :') ~medo

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz