Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaruzicka

question ...

lindaruzicka
15 years ago

does anyone know how to dry and store herbs? Now, Im talking about a very very small harvest (thanks to my parlsey-basil eating dog) but you know, I grew the plants and by gum, I want to harvest them.."L".

Comments (11)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Sorry Linda, I am clueless, but I'll bet there are several pros over at The Harvest Forum.
    They will likely want to know how you are drying them...dehydrator, sun, hanging(?), if that is even an option.

Enjoy your small and precious harvest.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Harvest Forum

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I usually just cut mine, tie them together and hang them either from the ceiling in my kitchen or in a window. They seem to do well that way, but I'm sure as Sue suggested, that the Harvest Forum, or the Herbs forum would have more ideas.

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

didn't know there was a harvest Forum..geez..I need to get out of the seed forum more often!,,"L"

15 years ago

I think there are a lot of folks who have not discovered GW outside of maybe the Seed X, Plant X, and the Winter Sowing Forum.

There is a link at the top of every page that will take you to a list of the Garden, Home, or Nature Forums. I love lurking and posting a bit at a lot of them. I have about 30 forums saved to my GW-FAVS folder.

Sue

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

and that is why, Sue, you know so much..."S"

15 years ago

and that is why, Sue, you know so much

Is that anything like a "know it all" or more like a resident busy body...LMAO

Believe it or not, there are only 3 forums that I am resident busy body at. Can anyone guess what they might be?

I gotta watch myself at forums where I am not a regular...don't wanna sound like a "know it all."

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, we all know if we have a question, who to go to, don't we?..."G"

15 years ago

Question for you Linda.

I always thought that when you signed your posts "L" it was just Linda abbreviated.

Then I noticed one signed "S" and another signed "G". What, might I ask, is that all about.

Sue...who asks stuff so she can hopefully know it all.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I believe it stands for expressions, Sue. Am I right, Linda? I'm thinking Laughs, Smiles, Grins?

Kathy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

OHHHHH now that makes sense@!! now i am not so clueless!! Hee Hee!! i always wondered too!! LOL but never asked because i thought everyone else just knew it!! **sigh** LOL **grinning**
    i have i think, maybe 5?? lets see, seeds, plant propogation, wintersowing, square foot gardening, rate and review, i like the hummingbird forum also, but some others i just happen to fall into and then i'm like, dude i like it here!! LOL ohhh and i like the frugal forum, but there is hardly ever anything going on there.
    i like your question linda!! i think i'm going to try your answer kathy. i have so many of the mintthingi's i want to try to harvest them!! :') but no seeds :'( so sad. ~Medo
    just 3 mints only the chocolate never did do anything.

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

yep.."G"=grin "S"=smile "EG"=evil grin "L"=laugh" "BG"=big grin ..I'm just a regular bag of expressions...LMBO=laughing my butt off

Sponsored