Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Suggestion-Don't forget the new Rate and Review forum

I thought it might be a good time to make mention of the Rate and Review forum...where traders leave comments about past trades with other members. It is the same principle as the feedback system on Ebay.

I'd also suggest if you are 'cold' emailed (emailed out of the blue) requesting a trade to be sure and check the Rate and Review forum. If in doubt, either do not trade or maybe ask the cold emailing member to mail first. Asking them to send first would IMHO not be asking too much if 'you' have what 'they' are especially wanting.

You might also suggest that they post to the appropriate board, posting their want (which you have) along with what they have to offer.

There are a 'couple' of pesky individuals out there who reinvent themselves from time to time. I want to encourage all to do what you can to protect yourselves from them that you don't become victim.

We all know that the percentage of fabulous/great/good, average trades far outnumber the below average/poor or even no show trades.

This is in no way meant to alarm folks...just bringing the Rate and Review forum up front and center.

It is also a reminder that after you complete a trade, to be sure and do a review on it. Newbies want and need to get themselves established as traders.

The other occasional disappointing trade also needs to be posted...tactfully and as briefly as one wants to make it. Hopefully there will never be another one though.

If anyone ever has any questions regarding trading feel free to email me. I can still remember being a newbie, and those veteran members who helped and watched over me. You know who you are...and thanks again.

Sue...resident busybody.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review (trades) Forum

Comments (24)

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

It's amazing that people don't use the rate and review forum. I really think that some people don't know about it.

• woodthrush
    16 years ago

It doesn't seem to be searchable. Who's got time to look through all the post to see if there's something negative posted.
    Pam

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pam,

I just searched on you and found reviews. I haven't had any problems searching. I wonder if maybe it was just down for a bit or something...

Sue

• woodthrush
    16 years ago

ok, my brain must be co-op fried. Where are you entering the name to search?
    Pam

Original Author
    16 years ago

The search box is found just below the list of posts on the first page.

There is another search box at the very bottom of the page, but it won't narrow the search to 'just' that forum.

See it now?

I suggested a while back putting the search box at the top of the page...like at the ponds Forum.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: my suggestion on search box

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Hi Sue

you are always so helpful to everyone...thanks for the help when I was a newbie !!

I dont feel that enough people USE the rate and review forum...I must have done over 50 trades, and NO ONE posts reviews...it is somewhat upsetting as I know I have done my best to do well with trading...but I dont have reviews for people to know how I am at trading.

I would LOVE to encourage people to not ONLY thank the person for the trade BUT take the time to write a review.

Glad to see you are still resident busybody, your a wealth of info !

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Hi! After my first "mass reviewing",someone corrected me and told me to look up the name first and since I have done that. Well I posted a review for a lady a few nights ago,I checked to see if there was one already exsisting and nothing came up so I started a thread for her. I was just noseing through them and seen a message from Sue that there was already one! I swear I did check and there was none. I think maybe a lot of people check and it does not come up all the time! Sorry Sue I really did check first before posting! ~ Angie

Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Angie...I do believe you, and if I didn't add it, I meant to add (to the message there)to do a search...if'n the search works. I realize the search there is often quite hit or miss...and has been for some time.

No biggie really. More importantly than anything, is that a review is done, and the members name is spelled correctly.

I think there are still a lot of folks who still are not aware of the forum, so let's point to it whenever conveniently possible.

Sue

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

I will! I finally convinced my friend to join GW. Last night I showed her the ropes and made sure I explained the review forum to her! So that will be one less newbie in the dark! ~Thanks

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

I do check it for negatives on folks, but generally don't use it for known traders - guess that's how many people are using it, since I only have one review I could find. LOL!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i always check it, i only got chaffed once, and it was by someone who had a 1 positive thingi, but that was the chance i took. but for the most part i've gotten good trades. there are a few sneaky ones that got away before i came up with a system that i could keep track of stuff. LOL but i'm like others! i'm sssoooo glad your a busybody!!! when i was in trouble, you were the only one i could think of!!! LOL and i'm sooooo glad you were there to help me!! LOL sue is just a gem!!!
    but if a name dont' come up i will go thru a few pages, (3-5) depending on how bored i am, LOL :'))

• medontdo
    16 years ago

one thing i do now, i tell people that after our trade is done i'll leave them a post on the rate and review and leave them a link, so if they have any idea of not sending then, maybe they might not be so anxious to do that. LOL kinda onery aren't i :'))

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

Bumping this back up to the first page where it needs to be. ;)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

very good!! i wish there was a way you could put a star by it so it'd stay there!! LOL

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Bumping it back up so I can find it in the morning once I have time to write up some stellar reviews! Bratlings want the pc, so I'll do them once I can have the keyboard for more than a few minutes!

Kathy

Original Author
    15 years ago

Bumping this back to the first page...for all the newbies, and members new to trading.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review (member trades) Forum

• chrizty
    15 years ago

bumping:)

Original Author
    15 years ago

and another bump for those that aren't aware of it yet.

Sue...rbb

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Haaa! I'm glad for the bumps on this thread and a few others!

Sue wrote: I suggested a while back putting the search box at the top of the page...

Boy, that would sure make explaining it soooo much easier! It took my FOREVER as a newbie to figure out the ODD place that they put the search box... I saw sooo many posts referring people to "search" the forum before posting their questions as it had already been answered a thousand times or something, but I only saw the search box at the top.... your idea would save COUNTLESS hours across the whole forum!

Blessings,
    Angela

Original Author
    13 years ago

to the top in case some newer members are not aware of the forum. Of course it is no longer new now, since GW started it in the fall of 2006.

(Additional) Instructions (and tips) for The Rate and Review Forum

Use the search box found just below the list of threads on page one to get search results for R and R only.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review Forum.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    9 years ago

Sue, Thanks for the link. I always wished and once asked for the Rate and Review Forum to be posted at the top section under 'Related Forums'. They usually offer 2 to 4 forums to click on. 'Related Forums' is still offered here at the top of the first page but I haven't found any offering Rate and Review yet. Just saying this would make it easier to get to and hopefully make more people aware of the R&R forum.

• lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
    8 years ago

I wanted to rate & review someone, but I'm not seeing a search box at the bottom of the page. Just at the top to search GardenWeb. Now what do I do? All it has is page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next Page, etc. No search box.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    8 years ago

Lady_alicia, At the Rate and Review Exchange, using the top search box, type in 'user's name' and select "in Rate and Review Exchanges" If they have been reviewed before their name should come up with all their previous reviews. There may be several. Pick the one with the most comments. Go to the bottom of the page and write your review.

If you are the first to review them start by putting their user name (correctly) in the Rate and Review topic box and write your review in the text box below it. Enter it and it should appear when you refresh the page or search out their name again. Good Luck, Jen

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia