Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestion.........for Sue and GW

Posted by graanieb 9, Louisiana (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 16:29

Hoping everyone's well, probably like me... busy with ( near ) fall clean-ups and seed storing and preparing of packets.
I was wondering if there is such a site here I'm not aware of..where we could post descriptions, even better, with pictures, of the plants/flowers we have gotten thru GW names, with the names of their sources????
I think we'd all love it!!!!!
Just knowing our seeds/plants are doing well and appreciated out there makes us smile and pics would add even more.

What do you say Sue?

Now that I've learned how to post pics.

Best wishes, enjoy your gardens,

Bea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestion.........for Sue and GW

ohhh kinda like dave's has. i dont know. i've never even thought to look and see. that would be just great to see the pics of flowers/plants!! and have a face to them!! ~medo

o

Hey Michelle, there is a garden gallery, but I haven't seen more here nor at Dave's ( great to get info on plants), yes glad you agree, such site would make us all proud- for sending/sharing and growing, good to see success stories. Our names would be enough, but I'd make pics optional.

Bea

o

Hi Bea,

GW has The Garden Gallery here. Just hover cursor over Photo Galleries in the green banner at the top of the page and then choose Garden Galleries

There are numerous galleries then to choose from to post your pics. I was thinking of maybe posting pics of what I have received from members in the Prized Flowers gallery, and then post others I have acquired elsewhere in the Summer Beauty gallery.
One doesn't even have to know how to post pics, as you just browse and upload it from your computer. You can then give your pic a name, and post comments about it in the comment section...like who it came from, grown from seed, the year acquired, etc

Is that maybe what you had in mind?

I just tried to post a pic, and was told it was either too big, or wasn't in the proper format (jpg, jpeg, etc). I'll have to try playing with it sometime later.

oh...one can then do a search at the gallery and bring up all the pics one has posted, but it will include all pics from all galleries I just did a search on gwtamara, and her pics came up, but I can't post a link to them...sigh. What's up with that?

Sue

o

Hi Sue, what I'm thinking ---a site with a name that'd instantly attract our attention on the subject of seeing pictures of plants we've gotten thru GW.
Something like:
KEEPSAKES ACQUIRED THRU GARDEN WEB
or
GARDEN IMAGES-IT ALL STARTED ON GW
or
PICTURES OF FAVORITES WE GOT FROM GARDEN WEB PALS
or
your own or check suggestions Sue made, thank you Sue.

Feels good outside, wish it'd last ...forever.

Bea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here