Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Survey

I'm curious to know just what percentage of members are being correctly charged.

1...What percentage of the time does your PO charge correctly, in your opinion?

2...Has your PO informed you that 3 stamps are required if you are mailing a BE from your home?

My answers

1...Charges correctly 100% of the time.

2...NO. I can mail from my residence with 83 cents for a 1 OZ BE with no concern.

Comments (10)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

my post office charges me correctly and will even give me advice on how to send cheaper.

I can mail from my house with two stamps on a 1oz BE

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

1..Charges correctly 100% of the time, and they have also encouraged me to mail certain unevenly thick 1 oz letters (containing a partial BE) for .62

2...NO. I can mail from my residence with 62 cents for a 1 OZ BE with no concern, as long as it's a small BE (11.5" x5" or smaller, and under 1/4" thick).

1 oz BEs with larger dimensions than 11.5" x 5", or BEs that are over 1/4" thick, usually cost .83 to mail from my residence. But sometimes these same exact items that cost .83 from my residence cost just .62 at my PO!!

• debbiep_gw
    15 years ago

I'm just curious if this overcharging with the PO is a region thing?I mail from home for 59 cent,its what my PO told me to put on my envelopes.I never put two stamps on the envelope,to me that would be like giving money away to the PO.This is the bubble envelopes and most times I have many packs of seeds in it.I've asked members if postage is due when they receive it and I've been told no.I never mail from the PO since I moved into the country.So does anyone think its regional?I'm in the south,south GA to be exact,somewhat rural.Debbie

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

1. So far, I've been overcharged exactly 50% of the time.
    2. No, not so far.

Even though it hasn't happened to me yet, I am very concerned over others getting "postage due" on my trades. Many have said that it's happened to them that I'm trading with because I've asked them. Some go as far as putting it on their trade pages that you must take it to the post office for correct postage calculation and if you do not and they get "postage due", they'll have it returned to sender.

As for sending for just 59 cents and 62 cents... Wow! That's really interesting....

~Angela

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

BTW, when I mentioned in another thread that I was asked to put 3 stamps on the envelope or go to the post office for their correct calculation, that was another trader that asked me to do that, not post office personnel... Of course, they (the traders) would only say that because they've gotten "postage due" in the past and they're concerned over getting more of them.

~Angela

• medontdo
    15 years ago

1. always charges correctly
    2. po box so i mail from the po

they tell me if i mail the bubbler and its empty, its 1 stamp. its very light, very thin. its never had postage due till this last time in mi. ~Medo

• ollierose
    15 years ago

My situation is the same as yours Sue.

Diana

• luvsgrtdanes
    15 years ago

Never been over charged and also have been informed about sending cheaper

Mail from my house all the time with no problem.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

1.Since I no longer use the PO,they don't over charge me anymore!I will have to see what happens if I take one there once in awhile.
    2.I have never mailed one from home,I just put them in the public blue mailboxes. It seems when my envies come in contact with these employees,they take forever to get where they are going, I pop them in the box and they arrive in a couple days!

~Angie...who has PO-aphobia,and good reason to have it!

• piksi_hk
    15 years ago

I mailed a small BE and they insisted that it was a parcel, I even told them that it should be charged large flat but they did not buy it:( She even pulled out the template and the BE went right through but she said it was not a flat envelope.

Next trip, the same thing happened.

Betsy

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County