Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
when trading with canada which form do i need?

Posted by medontdo 5b Ks (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 26, 08 at 22:30

i can order the forms, id' rather just order a few of them, so i was wondering which form i needed? do any of you know which one it is?? i just don't remember. ~Medo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: when trading with canada which form do i need?

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 27, 08 at 15:12

Last time I looked, the main exchange was for USA only and Canada has its own exchange. However, many of us send stuff to our Canadian friends.

The difficulty with Canada is that you MUST go to the counter to send them and fill out a customs form. I don't know the number of the form, but it is a two-part green card. The left side deals with the value and contents, the right lists the sender and the recepient. There is at least one signature line.

Also a reminder to our Canadian friends - if we are sending to you, we need to use US stamps not Canadian. I have people send me Canadian stamps for the trip back and they don't work.

o

thank you so much!! i don't mind trading with people in canada, but i needed that form number. and i know i can order it. heck you can order tons of things and have them send them to your house and not have to deal with the dang po. at all!! so i'm like heck ya!! and not worry about the po altogether!! although mine is great. i just don't like to get out and about. and if i send hubs with the right paperwork he'll get it done right this time!! HEE HEE LOL ~Medo

o
Here you go

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 28, 08 at 12:32

USPS.com is an easy website to use. Here's your link to the proper customs form.

Here is a link that might be useful: Form 2976

o

thank you so much, i did order that one. ~Medo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here