Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's with the new ads?

Posted by karyn1 MD 7 (bhkalen@aol.com) on
Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 6:49

I really don't care about the pop up ads, at least the old ones didn't bother me but these new ones are a PITA! I understand that this is the trade off for having a site with no fee but this is getting out of hand. I'd rather pay a reasonable fee then deal with these new ones. I get these giant ads when switching forums or annoying animated things with pics that cover the text near the margins. I even get full page pop ups that are on their own screen that I have to click off. Will installing Firefox keep this from happening?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's with the new ads?

I don't know, but I agree with the PITA part.

o

Will installing Firefox keep this from happening?
Yes, but you will then need an 'add-on' too....I'm thinking it might be adblock or adblock plus or something.

I'm not sure what I have, but am not bothered by any ads that so many are bothered by.

You might want to either ask at Computer Help or do a search there on 'ads' or 'annoying ads'...lol I know folks ask there all the time...should be put in the FAQ...think?

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 23:22

I have Firefox with ad block and see no ads of any sort. I originally got it to look at GW, but I ended up liking it so much more than Internet Explorer, that it is all I use now.
Remy

o

I originally got it to look at GW, but I ended up liking it so much more than Internet Explorer, that it is all I use now.
Ha! I remember when you got FF Remy. I think you were having problems updating your Member Trade Page and I asked you what browser you were using. You said you didn't know and would have to wait and ask your hubby. That tickled me.
Heck you have really come a long way since then, haven't you?

Sue

o

Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 21:29

Sue,
Yes, I have, lol, but I still don't know a lot of the lingo. Remember the "click anywhere on the Desktop." I was very confused by that!
A new confession~ I have no clue how to do anything with a cell phone. I tell people not to leave voice messages on it because I don't know how to hear them, lol.
Thank goodness I know how to use my digital camera!
Remy

o

And I didn't think there was anyone that was more technologically challenged then me. lol I even text message now : ) Thank goodness for my kids or I'd be lost. Even my 5 yr old knows how to use his iTouch and I haven't a clue.

o

Sat, Oct 16, 10 at 19:36

Karyn,
Lol, yes I am technologically challenged. I have obviously never texted.
I'm still amazed that I have made my own web site! Of course it goes back to knowing how to do photos with the computer. I think my brain shut off after that, lol.
Remy

o

It's getting worse! I posted a couple thumbnails and when I tried to enlarge them the JC Penny site popped up! That happened a number of times. This is getting almost to frustrating to deal with.

o

Karyn,

Have you gotten Firefox yet? If not, please do yourself a favor and get it along with any add-ons that will block the stuff bothering you. Just do it!

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here