Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

What's with the new ads?

karyn1
13 years ago

I really don't care about the pop up ads, at least the old ones didn't bother me but these new ones are a PITA! I understand that this is the trade off for having a site with no fee but this is getting out of hand. I'd rather pay a reasonable fee then deal with these new ones. I get these giant ads when switching forums or annoying animated things with pics that cover the text near the margins. I even get full page pop ups that are on their own screen that I have to click off. Will installing Firefox keep this from happening?

Comments (9)

• jaynine
    13 years ago

I don't know, but I agree with the PITA part.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

Will installing Firefox keep this from happening?
    Yes, but you will then need an 'add-on' too....I'm thinking it might be adblock or adblock plus or something.

I'm not sure what I have, but am not bothered by any ads that so many are bothered by.

You might want to either ask at Computer Help or do a search there on 'ads' or 'annoying ads'...lol I know folks ask there all the time...should be put in the FAQ...think?

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

I have Firefox with ad block and see no ads of any sort. I originally got it to look at GW, but I ended up liking it so much more than Internet Explorer, that it is all I use now.
    Remy

13 years ago

I originally got it to look at GW, but I ended up liking it so much more than Internet Explorer, that it is all I use now.
    Ha! I remember when you got FF Remy. I think you were having problems updating your Member Trade Page and I asked you what browser you were using. You said you didn't know and would have to wait and ask your hubby. That tickled me.
    Heck you have really come a long way since then, haven't you?

Sue

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Sue,
    Yes, I have, lol, but I still don't know a lot of the lingo. Remember the "click anywhere on the Desktop." I was very confused by that!
    A new confession~ I have no clue how to do anything with a cell phone. I tell people not to leave voice messages on it because I don't know how to hear them, lol.
    Thank goodness I know how to use my digital camera!
    Remy

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

And I didn't think there was anyone that was more technologically challenged then me. lol I even text message now : ) Thank goodness for my kids or I'd be lost. Even my 5 yr old knows how to use his iTouch and I haven't a clue.

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Karyn,
    Lol, yes I am technologically challenged. I have obviously never texted.
    I'm still amazed that I have made my own web site! Of course it goes back to knowing how to do photos with the computer. I think my brain shut off after that, lol.
    Remy

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's getting worse! I posted a couple thumbnails and when I tried to enlarge them the JC Penny site popped up! That happened a number of times. This is getting almost to frustrating to deal with.

13 years ago

Karyn,

Have you gotten Firefox yet? If not, please do yourself a favor and get it along with any add-ons that will block the stuff bothering you. Just do it!

Sue

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus