Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sending padded mailers for seed offers

Posted by karyn1 MD 7 (bhkalen@aol.com) on
Thu, Oct 7, 10 at 7:01

You need not enclose the padded mailer in another envelope. Just put the postage and whatever else is requested in the padded envelope that your seeds will be returned in. A new address label can just be applied. I for one reuse mailers several times. For the majority of offers a small mailer will do. When I'm sent an 8x11 padded mailer I usually cut it in half. It will save you some money in postage. I've received a couple envelopes in envelopes recently. It's not a problem. It's just not necessary and might save you a stamp or two.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sending padded mailers for seed offers

Karen,

I know how you feel about the envie inside another one.

Problem is, some people will do it no matter what you tell them.

I do a lot of BEAP offers, usually starting the end of Oct and go right up until the spring..

Every time I send the required info to the member for the offer, I include the following.

"Just address the bubble envelope inside, put everything I requested inside the envelope, address it to me and mail it. No need to put the bubble envelope inside another one to send it to me.'

I will invariably get some of the bubble envelopes stuffed inside another one.

I guess there will always be some people that will just send the bubblie inside another one, no matter what we say or tell them.

Fran

o

I resemble that remark...or at least I did until I hosted my first Round Robin Swap. That taught me all I needed to know since I ended up with a huge supply of envelopes that I'm still using today. Give us slow ones a chance we'll catch up it just takes a little longer. Love you ;)

o

It doesn't bother me, I just feel bad that someone is wasting their money on additional postage. I also can't stand the way a few or even a whole lot of seed packs look in a great big envelope. They always look so empty. lol

o

I have found it easy for me and the Poster to Just send me postage plus and extra stamp. I buy the bubble mailers for .44 cents. So The extra stamp I keep in exchange for the bubble packet. Works great for me and seems easy for the person sending me Postage. Just another way of doing postage to consider. I offer this as well as a SABE! I try to stay open and easy. Keeps trading fun as it should be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here