Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Postal Carriers Ruin Trades

Posted by tkhooper 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 17, 10 at 9:27

I'm having a running battle with my postal carrier. She put my packages right up against my storm door so I couldn't get to them without knocking them off of the steps.

I complained and now my seed trades are either very late or missing. I'm having to double post and go into the next town in order to send out my trades.

I'm really angry.

Do I complain again or get a post office box in the next town?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Postal Carriers Ruin Trades

ask them again nicely and they might comply. i wouldn't want to be a letter carrier - dogs, weather, time pressures by the p.o. so many rules & restrictions with that job. it was bad enough being a mailhandler for 8 yrs at our large facility. with postal cutbacks would i complain, i'm not sure. try using another door if the packages are out front, i would mention it to the carrier again. either they were trying to be mean or they just don't think when they leave all these packages.

o
RE: Postal Carriers Ruin Trades

tkhooper, I would ask around and see if neighbors are having problems, too. Also, if you are consistently missing mail, I would definitely complain to the Postmaster.
Last year about this time two postal workers were caught stealing mail here and were later convicted. It took customer complaints over a couple of years to get anyone interested but eventually someone paid attention. In fact, nothing really happened until a new Postmaster came.
Unfortunately the same thing has recently happened again. One of our rural mail carriers who was also a substitute Postmaster has been apprehended for stealing mail. Customer complaints about missing mail were the only way the authorities knew there was a problem. They caught her by mailing a birthday card with a gift card inside and making sure it was in the mail that would be delivered on her route one day. It was not delivered to it's destination and that person was seen on store security video redeeming that particular card the same afternoon.
Mistakes happen and like with any other job where sensitive or valuable material may be handled most postal workers are honest, but if missing mail is a pattern there may be a real problem.
Alana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here