Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! I am not receiving e-mails.

Posted by daisy_lee 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 9, 10 at 11:59

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I am getting posts that someone is sending me an e-mail and nothing comes, even though I checked off the box saying that I want to receive e-mails.

Thanks!

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! I am not receiving e-mails.

Hi Daisy-lee,

I sent you a test email via GW yesterday eve about 7PM and asked that you email me if/when you got it.

I'm now going to email you privately (not via GW) and see if you get it. It could be a problem with either GW or your email provider, or maybe even your ISP. I do however suspect GW more than the others though.

Emails via GW have been unreliable at times in the past, which is why I think it is usually best that members show their email addy to members only as you have. That then leaves the option open to email a member and not having to email via GW.

Sue...off to email you now from my email program/site.

o

I find GW mail is usually dumped in my spam folder on my mail server instead of downloading to my computer. I'm sure there's a way to stop that, but haven't figured it out yet.
Kathy

o

I find GW mail is usually dumped in my spam folder on my mail server instead of downloading to my computer.
Now that's something to consider when I've thought (assumed) all along that the GW email was hit or miss. hmmmm....

Daisy, I sent you an email from my Hotmail on Sun, 10 Oct 2010 08:57:45 -0500, with numerous questions for you. Did you get it? If not, that must prove that the problem is not with GW emails but with something on your end.

Sue

o

Yes, I did get it. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here