Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I love my local PO folks!

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 16:24

Last night I packed a big ole box of bulbs and stuff to go out today. I used the Click and Ship and paid the postage on line and scheduled the pick-up for today, along with the Scan Form. When it was getting quite late this afternoon and my package had not been picked up yet, I went down to the box to see if possibly there was any of todays mail in it.

Yes, the mail had run, yet my package had not been picked up. I called the PO and asked to speak with the person in charge. He told me that my pick up sheet had not printed this AM, as he was the one who got them off the printer. I asked if there was any way that anyone could come and pick my box up, as it was perishable, I could not leave, and I was hoping that it would be delivered by Sat.

He drove out here himself and picked it up. He agreed that it showed being scheduled for today and agreed to let someone know of the problem that it can hopefully get corrected.

Going forward, whenever I have a box scheduled to go out, I will additionally leave a note in the box and the flag up for my carrier, in the event that there are anymore printing problems.

I was just thinking I should maybe take those great folks a nice box of candy, before there is so much over the upcoming holidays. All of the local PO folks I have ever had any dealings with were always very competent, conscientious, and courteous. They are all a really great bunch of workers.

I know I often complain a lot so I just had to share this good deed done here locally.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I love my local PO folks!

cookies, brownies, and gift cards are always good choices for the mail carriers.

o

I know a lot of folks, are very leery of eating anything home made, that is made by a stranger...ie, non family or close friends. LOL...my carrier always sees me at my very worst, ie usually dirty, with old dirty clothes 'playing' outside, so I wouldn't even count on her eating anything I made, and wouldn't blame her.

Sue

o

how sweet sue! i know my post office overcharges me, but my carrier is so sweet ive left her seeds, for christmas store bought candy. cash, n a card:)
LOL if they ever got sick on anything ya made well,,, they know were you live lol

o

Cliff's favorite gift is gift cards. Ones to WalMart not only are used for groceries or general items, but also for gas :) The ones for Starbucks or restaurants are nice and definitely appreciated, but the ones we like the best are those that we can really get a lot of use out of. Cliff has one customer that throughout the year as well as at Christmas, gives him Subway gift cards because they get so many large packages. Those are great too and we'll go out to lunch on our day off, or Cliff gives them to me for lunches because we have a Subway in the WalMart where I work and he usually doesn't have time to stop at one on his route. As those gifts come in, I write out a Christmas card thanking the giver and letting them know how we plan to use their gift. At Cliff's PO all of the food items given are brought back to their break room and shared with all the carriers :)

Was just thinking that perhaps I'd mention that from a carrier's perspective as the holidays are coming up and so many people are kind enough to remember their carriers at this time of year :)

Sorry to hijack your post, Sue :( I think it's really great that your PO employees are amazing! And yes, they deserve kudos and goodies! I wish more customers had as great an experience with their POs!

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here