Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alwaysagarden

What is a fair amount of time to wait for trade to be sent?

alwaysagarden
15 years ago

I have been waiting on a trade to be sent for 3 weeks now. I sent my end of the seed trade out 2 weeks and 5 days after the seed trade was agreed upon. I sent her an email 3 days ago to see if she had received the seeds I had sent her but have received no response. I've only been trading on the GW for a little over 2 months. I have done several trades and this is the longest I've waited. She is a well known trader, so I'm sure the trade will go through fine. She may have just gotten very busy, but I really would like an email from her to let me know if she received my seeds and if everything is okay.

Would like some input by those of you that have been doing trades for awhile and if this could be the norm at times. Is there a general rule of thumb time line that traders should give each other?

Thanks for your input and help.

Cindy : )

Comments (8)

• bigred
    15 years ago

Well,it is that time of year with the upcoming holidays keeping folks busy but I think she should at the least ackhowledge via email that she received your seeds and when she expects to get your in the mail.Barring any thing serious has happened.

Peggy

• dorisl
    15 years ago

After 3 weeks, Id say its fine to email her.

Im a little confused about the timeline. Has it been three weeks since you sent your trade? You sent yours almost 3 weeks after the trade was agreed and then its been 3 more weeks? So, a total of, like, 6 weeks? Thats aloooooong time.

I usually send my seeds a day or two after the trade is finalized. I get anxious if I dont get the package out right away.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I do too, Doris, I'm always worried I'm going to forget and leave someone upset! Or that the seeds will get misplaced and I won't be able to find them!

Now, if the delay was agreed on for some reason, and everyone stayed in close contact, it might be one thing.

Cindy, was there an agreed upon delay in the trade? Have you checked for posts that might indicate something is amiss? I know that in the last few weeks that several of the more experienced traders have had some difficulties. There have been some posts about it.

Kathy

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

I think 2 weeks is appropriate.I send mine out sooner usually,unless it is a casual trade with a friend,than it doesnt usually matter to us,but we both are in agreement. I am misunderstanding what you are saying also,has it been 6 weeks since you made trade arrangements? If so that is excessive and I would start to wonder if something did happen to the person that was supposed to send. I would send another email and inquire if everything is ok and if the person did receive your seeds. Do a search of the site and be sure there are no new posts by this person,if you do find new posts than I would send an email asking where the heck my seeds are...well not like that,much nicer of course...lol..

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

I have seen it happen more than once here recently, where the member posts in a thread their email addy, yet it is NOT the one that is tied to their member page....so in case one accidentally uses the 'wrong' one, the emails may not be getting to them.

I strongly urge everyone to have and only use one email addy for all of the GW emails...just to avoid any confusion when trading.

Oh...btw...is it me? I do owe some folks some things that are either free or for postage. I tend to take my time in trying to work them in in my spare (??) time.

Sue

• dorisl
    15 years ago

I think people should feel free to leave factual information in somebody's review thread in a case like this. You dont have to be accusatory and say they are a bad trader, just that you agreed to blah blah blah, it didnt come yet, and You've been unable to contact them.

Leaves the ball in their court, it lets other people know something is up.

• alwaysagarden
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I sent my seed trade to her 2 days after we had agreed the seed trade was fine. So no it wasn't 3 weeks before I sent my end of the trade...LOL I would never do that to someone. I still have had no email response from her as to what is happening. I only use one email address in all my exchanges so there could be no confusion there. I try to make everything as simple and smooth in every trade as possible so there is no confusion.

Cindy : )

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Hi Cindy,

I got your email, and will address it here. I'm sorry, that I didn't make myself more clear before. I meant I was wondering if maybe 'they' had used more than one email addy in the transaction, and also if it 'matched' the email addy they had listed for GW, assuming they have a link, and have chosen the option to show addy to 'members only'.

Would you mind emailing me the member name, and I will tell you if I happen to know of their whereabouts?

Sue