Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigred_gw

'wah!'

bigred
14 years ago

I've spent two days reposting my trade list here. Finally got all the "Haves" done yesterday,started my "Wants",got down to the last 10 or so,hit the wrong key and *POOF* ...all gone. Now I have to start the "Wants"all over again. Luckily it not as long as the "Haves"(yet) and I didn't loose the "Have" list to banana finger key hammering. GRRR....WAH...SOB!

P

Comments (11)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Hi P!

Well I see at 7:10 you got to make a seed trade post and all looks well. Either you got 'em all typed up again really fast after this post, or they weren't really lost. I'm betting on the latter.

Anyway, good job!

Now are you ready to tackle a little HTML coding?

Instead of

·23)Hellebores
    · "Gold Bullion"
    · "Pacific Frost"
    ·24)Heuchera:
    · "Citronella"
    · "Ginger Ale"
    · "Lime Ricky"
    · "Peach Flambe"

You could make it look like
    ·23--Hellebores
    · "Gold Bullion"
    · "Pacific Frost"
    ·24--Heuchera:
    · "Citronella"
    · "Ginger Ale"
    · "Lime Ricky"
    · "Peach Flambe"
    ......or something similar. Last winter, I think it was, some of us played with HTML a bit, just some of the more simple coding for things like
    italics
    bold
    bold italics
    font size=+1
    font size=+2
    font size=+3
    font color=red
    font color=blue
    etc...The easier, most used codes are easily trusted to memory. In time it will be like remembering to capitalize the beginning of a sentence and putting a period at the end.

Sue...off to finish up !@#$ seeds for RR

• medontdo
    14 years ago

yes, angela tried teaching me the codes, but alas, i forgot them, and eg tried too. i'm hopeless in that area! **grin** i did have it for one post!! **big smile** Hee Hee ~medo

P.S.
    CONGRATS Peggy!! **big smile**

• bigred
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yup,the "Have" list was already done so it didn't go *Poof*. Luckily the "Want" list wasn't as long so only took about 30 min. or so to re-do but "still"....what a pain.

I'll play with hmtl after I'm done doing yea ole turkeyday.

Gotta go update my page AGAIN...got done with housework,got bored and went seed shopping so 3 off my wishlist.

P

• lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
    14 years ago

Where do you get the codes from for the font sizes and colors? I would love to add them to my page. I've been a member for several years, but I never knew how to do anything fancy to my trade page. I have an e-mail from a member on how to add pictures, but I've never taken the time to do that yet either. :(

Thanks,
    Alicia

• bigred
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alicia,

I can't do pictures on GW either.I would love to be able to do the click on links I've seen on other GWers' pages.

P

• agirlsgirl
    14 years ago

You ladies need photobucket. It is free and extremely user friendly! :)
    If you are still looking for font codes, a code to put spaces or a code to make clickable links let me know via email,I would be more than happy to share! :)
    ~Angie

• lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
    14 years ago

Well, Peggy, then I don't feel so bad. I guess I'm just trying to keep up with the Joneses. :)) lol

Hi Angie. I do have Photobucket and have some of my photos on there. But I know there was a lady that had her photos right on her trade list page and she sent me the info on how to do it. I just need to sit down and take the time to do it! Heck, I still need to add more pics to my "garden" on Photobucket and haven't done it. Never enough time it seems. :)

Thanks so much for the help. I'm e-mailing you.

• shinyalloy_5
    14 years ago

My sympathy in having to redo your list, I've been there, unplugged my computer by mistake and had to redo work on my plant database, atleast now it's set to automatically back up every 10 min.

html, forgot most of my tags years ago, I use Firefox and downloaded a formatting toolbar from codefisher.org kind of like the ones standard with word processors not quite as many options, but useful. Still looking for something similar for Internet Explorer, if anybody knows of one please share, DD not a big fan of firefox.

MARY

• bigred
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mary,
    that was all greek to me.....LOL

I have a neighbor that does all my computer work/repairs and he's sat in here more than a couple of time for about an hour a session trying to teach me more stuff on this computer and I forget it as fast as he walks out the door. Brain like a shieve....LOL

Peggy

• shinyalloy_5
    14 years ago

Peggy,
    Bless those who have patience with us when we need help.
    I feel that way when I go to the locally owned nursery. I am floored by the knowledgeable help and always wish I had brought a pen and paper to take down all the info.
    MARY

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    14 years ago

Hey, bigred, I type my list in Excel or Word, then only have to copy/paste it on my Trade page. It is also easy to make changes.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living