Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie here- two questions not found in FAQ

Posted by pufftrinket 5MI (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 29, 08 at 9:55

Maybe I didn't read closely enough, but I wouldlike to know...

1) If I post an SASBE offer on the wintersowing forum, is it appropriate to post it here, too? I have a bunch of marigold seeds I'd really like to give away. (Doesn't everyone? hee hee.)

2) I make my own paper envelopes out of seed catalog pages. There aren't standard at all, and they are kind of decorative. I like them, but I don't know if other members would. Should I use the plastic baggies instead, warn people, or just go ahead and send the way I make them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie here- two questions not found in FAQ

Hi,
Last year I recieved a newbie pack from winter-sown.org &
Truddi. I loved all the different ways and envies people used it was really cool.
Annette

o

Both areas of the site have trades, so post them both for more exposure.

Use whatever you like. For me, I prefer plastic baggies so that I can see the seed and be sure that what's in there is what I intend to plant. So when I receive paper envies, I just make a new label with the info I want, and put them in their own plastic bag. I've gotten seeds in handmade envies and plastic. To each their own. :)

o

i like both, the little hand made ones are just neat, who doesn't like a neat little handmade one?? some make those little oragami ones, and add their own flair, i think its just cute!! and i imagine its alot cheaper also! **big smile** ~Medo who likes to make trading fun :')

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 8:09

Puff,
We are all different: ) I hate plastic, lol. I use it for really tiny seed, but otherwise, I make my own paper pkts.
So put those seeds in whatever you like : )
Remy

o

I now use both plastic and homemade. My sister and I made about 500 homemade envys/packets in Sept when she visited for a week. It was a fun thing to do at night while sitting around the table relaxing after long days of digging and planting.

Shoot, I just checked my stash of homemade envies and I can't beleive I'm almost out. Hmmm - My sister is coming home for the holidays, I better get some printing done!!!

Enjoy those seeds and happy sowing no matter how they come.

Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here