Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
love2gardennc

In memory of Katie88

love2gardennc
15 years ago

I received a phone call this morning to let me know that Katie passed away this past week (Oct.30th). Katie had suffered for many years with schleroderma but she is safe now in the arms of her savior.

Comments (28)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

I am so saddened to hear this. For someone I have never met, I felt she was a good friend. I know now that cyber friends are not just acquaintances. She was so sweet and such a joy to talk to via email. I will always cherish those things that she so generously shared with me over the years.

Might you have an address for her family? If so, please email me. I would love to send a card. She will be missed by so many.

Thanks for posting to her review thread, in case there were any transactions in progress. I 'was' going to get her out some bulbs she had been wanting (my treat) and now regret I did not get to it sooner.

Sue

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhh no!! she was just the sweetest gw'er, i loved chatting with her and kizzy, kattie was one of the very first to make a very very uneven trade with me, LOL and helped me tremendously!! over this past year, she and i became friends and we talked about tabor alot. i believe she had a son that helped her and wasn't she seeing impaired?
    but i am so happy that she is with Jesus and he is taking great care of her!! and she is seeing all the gardens that she wants to see!! w/o pain :') ~Medo~~

• west_texas_peg
    15 years ago

I just completed a pepper seed trade with Katie. How sad, I sent some melon seeds she was looking for.

Peggy

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

I have done some trades with her also, I am saddened to hear we have lost such a wonderful person..my thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Any word on a memorial garden ?

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

I traded, and was in swaps, with Katie. I had no idea she was ill. I'm so sorry to hear this. She made such a great impression with people here. I know she will be sorely missed by her family and non-computer friends.
    Remy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I also traded with Katie and I am so sorry to hear this. She was a very sweet person.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

I didn't have the pleasure to trade with her just yet,but I did have the pleasure of reading all of her sweet comments/posts and know she was a very dear woman,that will be missed very much by her family and the community here.

I send my sympathy to her family and friends,she will live on through each and every garden she contributed too,whether by seed or experienced advice,she will always be remembered.:)

• luvsgrtdanes
    15 years ago

I've had the pleasure of trading with Katie and am saddened to hear this. My deepest sympathy to her dear family and friends.
    Ronnie

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

I'm saddened to hear the news about Katie88. We had traded many time of the past several years.
    I knew she wasn't well, but did not realize that she was this ill now.

Please pass my condolences to her family, and that I will fondly remember Katie every time I am in my gardens that are full of many of the plants grown from her seeds.

Fran

• kms4me
    15 years ago

I traded with Katie several times and emailed back and forth occasionally. She was a very brave woman who battled not only her disease but the powers that be who refused her disability payments until she was diagnosed as terminally ill. Her courage and perseverence as well as her kindness were wonderful things. I liked and admired her very much.

Kate

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I am devastated at hearing this! We started trading and visiting many times over the last several years! She knew some of the same people I did as we both had family in Stilwell, KS. We made many wonderful trades and spent many hours doing emails back and forth. I knew she had scleroderma and some other problems, esp. with her eyes and hard for her to be on so much the last year or so.
    She is at peace now and I will miss her! I will pray for peace for her family. Melinda

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

In her memory, I went and once again read her wonderful Member Page Blurb. It is one of the nicest ones I have read. She was really quite passionate about her gardening and had so many things in the works, as one can see on her trade page. I noticed she had updated it Oct 28th, just 2 days before she passed. She evidently got to do that which she loved until just a couple of days b4 her death.

She has been on my mind so much since first seeing this thread.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Katie88's Member Page

• graanieb
    15 years ago

I'm sad to hear this, Kathy was on GW when I first started, along with many of you, had no idea what difficulties she had to endure, she had so much in her plans--just check her page. My sympathies to her family, what a great loss, rest in peace dear lady.

GB-Bea

• ggwrn
    15 years ago

I am very sad to hear this news also. I have traded with Katie several times and had been thinking about her recently wondering if she would be interested in a trade this year.

Ginger

• scottrell
    15 years ago

My heart just skipped a beat when I read this. How sad! Katie was a very kind trader and friend. She will be missed.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

She will be missed she was a friend that enjoyed the same passion as me. Not many of those around and now we have lost another one.

I will miss talking to her.

Fran

• daisy_lee
    15 years ago

Oh No! I haven't seen Katie post in a while and was wondering how she was doing and felt very sad to hear the news. She was a very kind and sweet lady and I enjoyed trading with her and reading her e-mails as well.

She is at peace now enjoying the beauty of heaven. She will be missed by many!

Carol

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

I'm so sadden by the news of Katie's passing. Katie was a kind and generous person. She was one of the first traders I traded with and we continued trading yearly. She will be missed. I take solace knowing she's pain free and walking the gardens of heaven.

Sandy

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

I too am very sorry to hear of Katies passing. She will be missed very much. Linda

• esiuol
    15 years ago

This is so sad to hear. I traded with her so many time over the years. She was so sweet and she will be missed.

Louise

• bigred
    15 years ago

So sad to loose such a lovely lady. Had the pleasure of trading with her.

Peggy

• jeanne
    15 years ago

This is sad to read, I'll miss trading with Katie. She really wanted to get that Syringa laciniata started and had traded for it several times but couldn't get it past the seedling stage. I found some self-layered starts this fall while trimming and wrote to let her know, but it was too late.

Les, thank you for posting.

Jeanne

• squirrelspur
    15 years ago

Katie was a sweet person and so creative. I'm glad she had some time to create her own little piece of heaven on earth with all she did with her property.

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

I am so sad to hear this. She was a wonderful kind hearted person and will be terribly missed. Barb

• irish_rose_grower
    15 years ago

Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of meeting this special lady, but I did read her page that Sue gave a link to and she seemed like such a special person. A true gardener. May she garden in heaven and be out of pain.

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

I am saddened to learn of Katie's death. Sorting through my seeds recently I saw many packets with Katie88 on them. I had been watching to see if she would join the swap i am in as she has in previous years.

She was generous and kind with her seed sharing and her comments and advice.

Condolences to her family and friends.

Bobbie

• wenders6715
    15 years ago

I have a half written letter to her/a reply to one that I just got a couple of months ago.My heart is aching,I was gonna finish it and put it in her christmas card.Beautiful Woman with a beautiful heart and soul.I would love to have her familys' address.Is her mother still at her house?Somebody please let me know.Wend

• maricybele
    15 years ago

I have 3 paw paw trees in Oregon this fall from her. I will think of her as they grow. She was a very nice garden friend.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!