Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SASBE question

Posted by yotetrapper (riverat@hcil.net) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 10:59

When someone wants a SASBE for seeds, what exactly do they want? Do they want a self addresss stamp bubble envelope mailed inside a second envelope, or just one enevelope with an address label and postage inside it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SASBE question

Usually it is a bubble envie with your address label and stamps inside. No sense sending two envies it cost more. Most people will let you know exactly what they need too.

o

Hi yotetrapper,

the abbreviations SASE, and SASBE are indeed confusing, as that is not what they actually are. Instead they are really Bubble Envelopes and postage. I prefer to call them BEAP.

Here is a good read that explains a lot of what might be wanted.... sase-sasbe is NOT a self addressed envelope-bubble or otherwise

Sue...resident busy body

o

Thanks guys. I did a SASBE the other day and the lady told me to just put the stamps in the one envelope but then I was doing another today and wasnt sure if that was the norm or not. didnt want to send only one envelope if two was what was expected.

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 25, 08 at 0:44

Remember, the point of a bubble envelope is to protect the seeds from being crushed in the rollers used to process regular envelopes. If you use one, that's normally fine. If you want to use two - one light paper envelope holding a prepared bubble mailer, that's fine to. But, there's no reason to send a bubble mailer in another bubble mailer. I get that all the time.

o

we always use the one you send to send your seeds in, we put your adddy on it and seeds in it, then send it back. :') no sense in wasting all them stamps, and no sense in wasting all them envi's either. :') ~Medo

o

And then we use the ones we received from trades to send seeds to other people. I've only had to buy one pack of envelopes. I like recycling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here