Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ggwrn

What would you do???

ggwrn
15 years ago

I have a dilemma and was wondering what the majority of you would do in this situation. Someone responded to one of my posts, they offered seeds from my want list in exchange for the seeds I had mentioned in my post. I responded that I would be glad to trade. In their reply this person sent their address, asked for mine and then said "Could you send a SABSE with your return. I am a newbie and it would help me get it together".

I sent my address & responded saying that I did not understand what they were talking about that in a trade both parties paid their own postage, that a sasbe was used if someone was sending seeds for nothing in return.

This person then replied "thank you for your offer a sasbe is in the mail"

I replied saying that I had not offered to send anything for a sasbe and never received a reply from them.

Well I have received their sasbe in the mail. I am not sure what to do.

1) Should I keep the stamps

2) Should I send them seeds even though I did not offer to do this

3) should I use one of their stamps to return the 2nd stamp

Please give me your opinion.

Ginger

Comments (18)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

A couple of questions.

1. Did the member post to your thread, or did they just email you without posting?
    2. Would you mind emailing me the member name? I may have an idea about this, but don't want to say anything here right now.

Sue...resident busy body

• chrizty
    15 years ago

i would put "refused please send back to sender" on their envy it n send it back to the person.
    sounds fishy to me.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

It almost sounds as if you were bullied into a SASBE!

I would choose option 3,but would include a note explaining to them why I did what I did. It appears that this person is just counting on you to send the seeds,by not giving you an option. I can't see how it could be an honest mistake,especially if you told them 2 times you weren't sending SASE that you were looking to trade. I wouldn't send someone like this a single seed! Let them waste their postage. Sorry you have to deal with this Ginger!

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Didn't see your post Christy! I think that is a great idea also,that way you never accepted the darn thing!

15 years ago

i would put "refused please send back to sender" on their envy it n send it back to the person.
    Once it has been opened, it cannot be marked refused.

• ggwrn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did open it on the chance that this person actually sent the seeds, so I can't refuse it now. The person actually replied to my post.
    Sue I'm sending you an email.

Ginger

• chrizty
    15 years ago

oops go for opt 3 if ya opened it

its kinda odd that with a trade they wanted you to provide the envy n stamps but can somehow come up with it at the idea of free seeds.

theres another good member who had a newbie want them to provide the envy and stamps in a trade. wonder if its the same newbie?

15 years ago

Ok...got name and am clueless.

Did they send a bubble envy, or just a regular envy.

If they sent a bubblie, you of course cannot return it with just one stamp, but could put 2 stamps on it to at least get her bubble back to her.

If it was a regular envy, I'd mail a note saying that what you had agreed to was a trade. Also let her know that almost all members ask that bubble envelopes be used when trading. To not use a BE one runs the risk of the seeds being destroyed.

hmmmm..........

Maybe chrizty might know something, if you want to share the member name with her. I did not feel free to.

Sue

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Ginger,
    That is weird. Could they be that dumb to not understand? Well, yes, I deal with the public everyday, and though I think I am making sense, sometimes people don't understand. Like I'll ask someone do you want This or That? And they reply with yes. Umm... that is not a correct answer, lol. I'll tell people, when looking for an item, straight ahead of you, directly in front of you, and they will start looking and going to the left or right, lol. So yes some people aren't too bright. I could go on, lol.
    Anyway, I'm not sure what I would do. I would probably email them asking why they had sent a sasbe and see what they say.
    Remy

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

"Like I'll ask someone do you want This or That? And they reply with yes. Umm... that is not a correct answer, lol."

LOL....I can completely understand that one,I worked in food service for a few years and many people respond that way...what is with that anyway?...lol..

sorry to highjack...but Remy cracks me up...lol...:)

• ggwrn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue,

It was a bubble envelope.
    If this person had replied to my email and not just mailed a sasbe to me as soon as they received my address I probably would have agreed to send the seeds for a sasbe. Like agirlsgirl said, I feel like I am being bullied (or maybe tricked) into sending seeds that I did not offer. I don't want this person to think that is the way to get seeds that they want.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Ginger, I agree with the consensus. I'd email them asking why they sent a SASBE when you'd arranged a trade and see what they say. Honestly, I've done the same, but in my case I'd sent for SASBE seeds, then had something the trader wanted, but had already mailed off (with the wrong seeds on my end). So I mailed the correct seeds separately and asked that she keep the incorrect ones to plant or trade. I told her she was welcome to use the mailing label included and the postage, or could just mail it back with my request.

In my case, it was confusion and pain pills after getting my hand smashed by a flat panel tv at work.This was also with trader I've traded with in the past, so we had a good laugh. But in your case they seem very insistent. And there's a lack of good communication on their part with not answering your question. Might I ask you to email me and share the GW ID? I had someone do this to me a couple months ago and, to be honest, I'm curious if it's the same person. In the end, I emailed them that I was canceling the trade and had their BE returned to them unopened. But they were rather pushy and insistent and all but refused to answer my questions. Just kept repeating the BE was in the mail. Made me wonder if it was a mailbot or if we just didn't speak the same English, ya know?

Kathy

• tergrov
    15 years ago

(hi i did have this happen to me)
    but i understand what its like to be a newbie and have to learn everything there is to no so fast i wrote the person an email and told her what she was doing wrong
    she told me she was sorry and would send me stamps so she trying to learn the proper step of tradeing please have patience with her im not sure if its the same person or not but if not an email to the person who needs the info mite help

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi Ginger...I would email this person again, explaining that you recieved their envie..but with out your seeds inside of it...and that you were wanting to TRADE...for ____ seeds..and that she must have misunderstood. I would then wait two days, and if she doesnt email you back..I would put a letter inside the envie and mail it back.

I know you would give the seeds away...BUT I dont think this is the right time to do that...we all need to learn how to communicate..and I dont want you to be taken advantage of...I am hoping she truly made a mistake.

• luvsgrtdanes
    15 years ago

Personally I would email her back and ask what happened to your trade...if she doesn't respond don't do any more and keep the stamps...you offered up a trade not a sasbe. If it was just an honest mistake on her part she will understand and send her end of the trade and then you can send yours along with the stamps. OR you can just send back the bubble with her stamps on it and a note saying it was for a trade not postage. Don't feel guilty you didn't do anything wrong.

Something similar happened to me a while back and it was there mistake...they wanted there postage back...they got it...on the envelope!

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Angie,
    I'm glad I'm making someone laugh, lol.

Ginger,
    Any decisions on what you are going to do?
    Remy

• ggwrn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Remy (and everyone else),
    She never told me what made her think that I was offering to send the seeds for a sase, but she emailed and told me to keep the stamps and the envelope for my trouble. So that is what I am going to do. I hate to be that way, but unless she wasn't able to understand what she was reading I don't see how she could have misunderstood my emails.
    Thanks to all of you for your input!

Ginger

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i don't either, you are one of those very clear people!! also, a newbie angie talked into finally putting a list together did the same thing, but we had a trade in the end, she sent me the seeds, and stamps, in a bubbly, AND stamps!! i thought well, that's cool! so i sent her TONS of seeds, i totally enabled her, i had tons of extra's and all was well, i used her stamps on the envi, LOL ~Medo

Sponsored