Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

What belongs on The Discussion Page? Conversation page?

What do you think should be posted to The Discussion (Exchange) page of the forum, and what is maybe more appropriate to post to the Conversation Side here?

I notice that GW often moves a lot of the non trade posts from Discussions to Conversations. Their intent then must be (my guess) that anything that is not an "actual trade/sharing for postage post, should be posted here on Conversations.

Since posts slip off of the first trade page to page 2 so quickly, often in less than 24 hours, wouldn't it make the most sense to always post any non trade posts here on this side? They would get a lot more exposure than just being on the trade page for less than 24 hours.

What does everyone think? I think the Conversation side was set up to keep only trade/seeds for postage posts on the Discussion/Trade side.

Anything like a

Thanks...

Looking for....

Where can I Find....?

How do I save....?

Email/computer problems........

Sickness/family emergency.......

How many seeds......?

What so I do..........?

etc.....should be on here on Conversations?

It is too bad that 'everyone' is not aware of, checking, and posting a lot of things here at Conversations.

Thanks to Graanieb for her great post on The Discussion Side, trying to make more members aware of this side of the Forum. Let's all try and keep her thread bumped up near the top of page one.

Maybe ideas here from this thread, can also be incorporated into Hints and Tips on the new FAQ later.

Sue

Comments (6)

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I do think it was set up to keep it separate. I wish it were more noticed than it is. I think Bea's post did help quite a bit. It took a long while before I noticed this side of the forum and even still you have to go to the other side then click to get here, which is inconvenient, but that's the way it is. I think that causes fewer people to do it.

I guess just keep a thread bumped to the top is the only way to let others know who don't yet know. I think it's going to be near impossible to keep people from posting non-trade posts, though. When you want to get attention to your post, you're certainly more apt to on that side of the forum than on this.

Blessings,
    Angela

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

When you want to get attention to your post, you're certainly more apt to on that side of the forum than on this.
    Yep...but that is only for maybe 24 hours if one is lucky before it disappears to page 2. The oldest thread here on this side for page 1 was started 11 days ago, so in the long run, it actually gets a lot more exposure and more replies, IMHO.

s

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Good Point....

Blessings,
    Angela

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol...love it!

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Sue,

Agree with you 100%.

Discussions are set up for trades, SASBE and wants only. converstaions are for that.

It would be better though, if the titles I.E. discussions vs. conversations where better worded to make it clearer to those just joining what they really mean.

Fran

• graanieb
    15 years ago

What about putting a word in for Conversation, such as inserting ----Visit---> ( before Conversation) may be in different color?

Adding ---- Information for trades----> ( before Discussion)?

Either those words, Important, Read, Parlor (even entered the mind) or any other ( I think Conversation is more important, reading it more than Discussion-which I do lots in emails).

Good to see you pals,
    GB -Bea

Sponsored