Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i got over charged on a letter!?

Posted by chrizty 6 PA (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 5, 08 at 13:06

what the heck is that about? ok i have one of those post offices! they mail all my bubble envys as parcels so for smaller pk of seed ive been using white letter envys with a bubble cut to fit inside n mail as a large flat [i put 2 stamps on them]
yesterday i mailed out 2 bubbles with 3stamps each
2 letters as large flats 2 stamps each
1 #10 letter just had a moneyorder in it with one stamp
and i get this in the mail today!?
Photobucket

are they charging parcel rates for letters now? i cant call n ask cause i dont have long distance on my phone ugh! i tried not to let my post office get to me but this is crazy. the letter large flats only had 2pks of seeds n not bulky.
sue i will be e-mailing you for your addy, one way or another ill get to that post office n mail you out a overcharged bubble envy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE:opps

my scan pic didnt turn out big, they charged me .66cents for a letter. they put letter not large flat? *sigh*

o
RE: i got over charged on a letter!?

that absolutely sucks christy!!! ~medo

o

2 letters as large flats 2 stamps each

I would put a note inside it and state what you did here.

white letter envys with a bubble cut to fit inside n mail
Yes...they charged the $1.17 for them as Parcels

If they are wanting to charge them as parcels, then they should at least mark their brown envelope correctly saying that 66 cents is owed for PARCELS! 2 can play their game!

I got your email and have sent you my addy. Please send me the address and tel # of that PO too....or post it here.

Sue...who refuses to twitch on such a beautiful day.

o

do you know sue, that you are an absolute wonderful person to take on not only the po but the government!!! LOL and not only are you wonderful but neat too!! i just wanted yo to know that!!! many hugs to you!! ~Medo

o

• Posted by rb55 6 Indianapolis (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 6, 08 at 19:20

You think thats bad our PO sent my wifes IN business tax papers back as undeliverable, and our light bills too. got the rest of our mail. Result! $42,000 tax bill from state, and the very day we realized no light bill had come they showed up to turn them off! Then the light guy slipped into the yard and killed the power while wife was online paying up, and he knew what she was doing. Said we took too long. Of course I got an ATTITUDE on that one and called him an AH followed by get off my property NOW! He immediately turned lights back on and left. 15 min later his boss and police came, they did nothing. Didnt want to be sued. And we live in town a mile from the PO and airport. Go figure? In my entire life I have never had mail problems until I moved here. ZIP 46241

Roger

o

Oh Roger that is terrible! Now who is going to pay I wonder?

o

• Posted by rb55 6 Indianapolis (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 26, 08 at 6:41

>Posted by agirlsgirl 6 SW-PA (My Page) on Thu, Nov 20, 08 >at 23:19

>Oh Roger that is terrible! Now who is going to pay I >wonder?

The state tax bill? They were no problem. We just called them and explained. They knew since the origional papers sent to us were returned and we still had the same address that the PO screwed it up. The state estimates sales tax if you dont respond on time. They get a bit carried away, usually their estimates are closer to gross sales than actual tax. And the lights are on email notification as a backup now. On another note at least 1 postal worker was fired over this, not sure if there was anyone else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here