Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Missing Post

Posted by dancinginthegarden 5b (nmhickman@charter.net) on
Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 15:36

Dear Gardening Friends,

I just replied to a post on the Seed Exchange Discussion entitled "What seeds do you want from Santa" and now I can't find it. Please help me understand what may have happened to it or why I can't find it.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Missing Post

Probably something to do with the thread starter. Sue should be along shortly to answer your question.

o

Sue should be along shortly to answer your question.
LMAO...yes...the emails have been aflying this afternoon.

I hesitate to say too much, but a few members had suspicions that the brand new member who started that thread was a member who has returned several times over the years, with different names, only to make disappointing trades again. A thread very similar to the one that disappeared was started last year (maybe 2006) and it too was for everyone to post their wishes. At that time, it was discovered that the member who started the thread was a 'reincarnated' member with a new name. The member was then trying to 'pressure' some members into trading.
I 'outed' the member in the thread today, and she emailed me and that confirmed she had yet again returned under a new name.

Enough said.

Per the GW Terms of service, GW has the rights to terminate membership if one has created multiple membership accounts.

Just remember that the good/great trades certainly outweigh the few bad ones. There are numerous members who try and watch out for 'returning' members who for whatever reason don't continue to post under their original member name, but instead, keep returning with new names. There are 'numerous' veterans who are watching out for the good of us all.

If a trade does not feel 'right' just kindly decline. If you have any questions or concerns, either post them here, or email me, or another veteran member. We will be glad to help if we can.

Sue...resident busy body

Here is a link that might be useful: Complete Terms of Service

o

I was thinking of answering that thread. It did seem like the information was very vague. Thanks Sue, for looking out for us.

Amy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here