Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had a fantastic year because of all of YOU!

Posted by joytosew 5MO (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 2, 08 at 17:05

October 31st brought the end of a gardening season and as I was cleaning my beds, pulling the last fruits, composting, fertilizing and eventually covering with straw; my thoughts went back to the reason I started gardening again. After having the car accident and then being ill for so long, it was time to do something that would make me feel better and decided to put a little green in my house for the winter to come.

Last year at this time, winter sowing was just about to start and I had very old seeds and only a vague memory as to how to winter sow. I turned to the gardenweb and started to read past posts. Eventually I went to the seed exchange list where so many of you wonderful people were sending seeds for a simple paid envelope. I would not have had coneflowers, columbine, soapwart, poppies, and a huge variety of colorful flowers and wonderful vegetables if it hadnt been for Jim, bakemom, kim and a few others. I so very much appreciate the seeds I received and WOW the results of a wonderful garden!

While I worked on my beds I talked all this out with God and it reminded me of something he said about clothing the flowers and housing the birds and how much more he loves and cares for us. So even though I thought it was my idea to start gardening again I know in truth it was Gods idea and he gave me the choice to run with it. With Gods nudge and your seeds I was able to run and make a big difference in my daily life. With this years end I am happier and much much healthier then my family or myself ever expected I would be.

So thank you, to all of the wonderful people that spend all the hours you do answering questions, providing information and collecting seeds to send to those just for the asking.
The things you do are just so incredible in my eyes = -)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had a fantastic year because of all of YOU!

Joy,

It sounds like you had a wonderful 'year' back at gardening. It sounds like you had great success at picking up Winter Sowing, right where you left off.

The rewards of gardening are so many besides it being is so therapeutic, being out in the fresh air and getting some good exercise. Thanks for sharing your wonderful gardening season with us.

So, are you gearing up now for the Winter Solstice 2008?

Sue

o
RE: I had a fantastic year because of all of YOU!

Joy you are just a wonderful person!! and to share that with us is even more wonderful!! thank you so much!! i am waiting for the winter sowing of this year again. are you joining the secret santa round robin? it sounds pretty cool!! you will be able to winter sow these seeds. :') ~Medo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here