Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trade page versus posting

Posted by pufftrinket 5MI (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 17:29

What's the difference between posting a specific trade and posting that your trade page is up to date? Does a specific post just call attention to one or two things you REALLY want?

Thanks for having this side of the forum. I really appreciate the information I learn here. Probably wouldn't be brave enough to trade yet without it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trade page versus posting

Does a specific post just call attention to one or two things you REALLY want? .
Yes.

It used to be that there was an option where one had to choose either Have or Wanted when one started a new thread. That option disappeared a while back when some work was done on the site. (wish it was still there).

Anyway....it is perfectly fine to say
Have-Updated Seed List
or Have Seed ABC, DEF, GHI, (etc)
or Wanted- SEED XYZ, ABC, XXX
or Looking for SEED ABC, Have Seed XYZ

It's all fine.

Sue

o

I like to post newly harvested seeds via a new thread so that it leads to my trade list being reveiwed for even larger trades.

Peggy

o

I do think it brings added attention to specific things you either have to offer (therefore giving you tons of people asking for those "in demand" items) or items that you particularly want (where someone who knows they have it will glance at your trade page to see what you have to offer them in return if they choose to post on your thread).

Plus, if they see a post that says someone's trade page is up to date, they may or may not take the extra step to go look at it.... just my 2 cents...

Blessings,
Angela

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here