Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you look at the original post date?

Posted by plant-one-on-me MI 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 22, 08 at 20:36

A few minutes ago I almost answered at "Have" offer on another board and saw the original post was from October of 2007! I see quite a few people asking for or answering posts that seem to be very old. I know there are some threads going around from 2004 but they are not for Haves/wants. Does anyone else look at the original post date before replying?

Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you look at the original post date?

I do! I learned early on that some boards aren't as active as others. And that there's always someone who will revive a long ended thread. There have been a couple times I've thought to respond and go back to get the original info only to find the thread months and even years old. After about a month, I've just gotten into the habit of always checking the original date.

Something good to point out to newbies.

Kathy

o

yes, for some reason newbies see the word free, and dont worry about the dates, or that someone posted that they are out of seed....i have even seen where Sue has nicely posted the thread is closed, and people still post. A few weeks ago someone posted to a lot of old seed offers, and then more people responded..lol

so YES, i always look at the date.

Kym

o

Hmmmmm...very good thing to mention in Hints and Tips when the FAQ are redone....that, and to check the box so that follow-up replies to a thread be sent to one's email too.

I notice a lot of newbies, who not only don't have an email link on their Member Page, but they have not checked the box to get follow-up replies emailed to them. Subsequently, I think the newbie often does not come back and check their thread, possibly because of not being able to find it, or they just get over it and move on. My estimate is that 50-75% are never seen or heard from again...so sad.

I have even seen where Sue has nicely posted the thread is closed, and people still post.
Sometimes I post such things in big red letters and it still is not seen, or else it is just ignored. I've seen that more so though at the Rate and Review Forum though when I am attempting to get all posts directed to the original review thread for a member.

Sue...rbb

o

It is a litle harder to notice when it's bumped to the front page. I wish people would quit searching for free or SASBE or whatever and bumping it up. I think I look most of the time, but probably not other times when I forget or overlook doing it. I'll try to remember how important that is. The other replies wouldn't come if the original person didn't bump it up, too, which makes it an evergoing cycle. I won't check to get follow ups any more on any of my posts just for that reason. I don't want to be hounded two years later from numerous responses if someone bumps the thread. I wish there were a choice to get replies emailed for up to 2 or 3 months, but not for life. LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here