Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Beware of anyone emailing you privately for Morning Glory Seeds!

The original thread maxed out, so I will update the original post from the other thread and link to it also.

There is a member who seems to be in desperate need of a lot of morning glory seeds. She has had numerous GW names over the past few months...each time requesting , or responding to threads that have morning glory seeds. She always wants a lot of or all of them.

She claims to have 6 empty flower beds, she wants to fill. IMHO, she has received enough MG seeds from numerous members here and in numerous other places to fill 6 beds, if they are all an acre or more a piece!

She claims that she is a Garden Web member but that she is having problems using GW...that she cannot post, or email via GW. There is likely a good reason for that.

There are numerous members here who are aware of her 'antics'.

She recently purchased 2400 Morning Glory seeds on Ebay!

One can only guess just why she needs that many, or what she is doing with them all.

While there are indeed members in good standing, who may do a seed search, and find you have what they are looking for, just beware of them if they need a lot of Morning Glory seeds, or are from Springfield IL. She was previously from Red Oak, Iowa.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me. I hesitate to say too much here, for fear of this getting pulled.

The original thread

I have updated one of her review threads with 3 recent names she has used, or tried to use here at GW in just the past 3 months.

Sue...resident busy body

Comments (60)

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness, I have never heard of such! I just finished reading all the posts about this person. Will someone email with a name just for my records. Thanks, Nikki

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Nikki,

I sent you an email.

Sue

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Sue,
    I will have a nice crop of assorted types of Morning Glory seeds by Fall in 09 to share on my trade list. If you don't mind I too would like that name so I can be on the lookout for it if I get a trade request for M.G.s

Thanks,
    Cindy

Original Author
    15 years ago

If you don't mind I too would like that name so I can be on the lookout for it if I get a trade request for M.G.s

Cindy,
    Emailing you now. Let me know it you don't get it as I'm mailing through GW and their system has been unreliable at times in the past.

Sue

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I got your email Sue and I will be on the lookout. Thanks for the info. Nik

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Email came through, thanks so much Sue.

Cindy

Original Author
    15 years ago

Though banned over and over, (that's my guess since she just keeps coming back with new member names and then most if not all of her posts are deleted) she just will not give up. She doesn't necessarily ask for MG seeds in particular, but whatever she wants to trade or receive for postage, she wants lots of it.

Example...i would like alot of plants if you want to trade

Beware. Her new member name is snowdrops2008.

Sue...rbb

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi Sue, Just read your post, did a search, and saw that she's contacted a few people. Did you warn them? I can't believe she is still at it. I wonder what her game is... Nik

• medontdo
    15 years ago

with me it was her husband dennis, and it was canna's for the mg's, that was last year. but we could NEVER agree on an amount, just alot. i needed an amount. something told me to get an amount to trade for. then his "pc" quit, then, his basement "flooded", then something else happened, so we just never did finish the trade, 3 times is enough for me. LOL i like canna's but not THAT much!! **giggle** ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Alright, I'm rolling here! I did a search as well and one of the posts offered that she responded to was from 2005! She was wanting to know what seeds they still had! And in another she was offering up red canna rhizomes for trade for whatever was being offered!

Hehe, I know, I know... but it's the day before Christmas Eve and I work retail... I've gotta get a laugh SOMEWHERE! :P

Kathy

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Maybe she dosent get lots at home. hahahhah get it..LOL

• medontdo
    15 years ago

BARB!!! LOL (bringing the mind out of the gutter) LOL
    ROFL is this the longest thread on one person?? WOW that is like way to long to spend on one person, she has to be getting a kick outta this, (in a squeeky voice) "Hey honey, Look how popular i am!! Omg, they are still talking about me!! and i don't even have to be there!! Hee Hee and i can just sit here and watch" "ya hon, just think, with all these morning glorry seeds we have and the little ones, **he chuckles** they read on, you hear "I'm a barbie girl" in the back ground, LOL Yes i am totally bored out of my mind!! LOL **big smile** ~Medo

Original Author
    15 years ago

bumping this up. Glenda/Diane, has seen sited at another site, and as usual is looking for lots of MG seeds.

It is only a matter of time before she reappears here, and maybe starts cold emailing folks wanting seeds for postage or trade, and as usual, will want a lot of them.

Heck, my experience with MG has been that just a dab will do ya!

Sue...rbb

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

According to this site below, you need hundreds if you're using them for highs... What a shocker... Apparently, they act much like LSD and teens across the country are trying to get their hands on them because of it.

Blessings,
    Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Morning Glory Seeds for Psychedelics

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

Angela's correct. Unfortunately a lot of common plants and flowers we grow can be used to get high on and teens as well as adults know this and they are coming to us for them. Two teens died several years ago because they ate some seed trying to get high. The seed they ate were from a common plant that most of us grow. All the info you need is out there on the internet and teens know this. My advice is to do some research, know what you got, and be careful who you trade with.
    Jim

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

When I lived in Southern Calif. I had 10-15 Morning Glory plants all growing and vining around each other, they were gorgeous. I must have collected over a thousand seeds from just those few pretty vines. Does she ever plant anything? She sounds kind of like a big DUH...

Sue's right,
    a few healthy fresh seeds in the right climate and you've got vines that give off tons of flowers there fore tons of seed.

Cindy

• west_texas_peg
    15 years ago

She joined PS this past month and was privately emailing members; all trades must be made openly on that forum so there is a record in the archives.

One of the owners caught her by offering Morning Glory seeds and they were able to get her ISP# and banned her AGAIN! Her ID this time was Housewren.

She used her dead mother's name and her address on another site, they shut her down, hopefully before she ripped off anyone.

She is on the move folks so be careful.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Round and round and round we go with this one. She just never quits. Now if we could only figure out what in the world she is really doing with all these seeds.

Fran

• albertar
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness, I can't beleive this person is still at it, and look how long these two threads have lasted, LOL. Then there's this other clown wanting loose stamps and a bubble envelope inside a bubble envelope. Oh, I think I'll just groan, and scratch my head.

Alberta

• luvsgrtdanes
    15 years ago

What's PS?

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Plant Swap Ronnie,it is a Yahoo group.:)

She will always be around unfortunately,she is one persistent person,let me tell you! The best we can do is keep each other informed and keep a close eye out for her,when she is caught she will disappear again,it seems to be a pattern for her,come to GW ,open an account,get busted,go off to some other group for awhile and then for some reason she thinks we will forget about her and tries again here!...lol...

Cindy she is a big DUH!;)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Heh... well.. I have a feeling she may be back here. I could be mistaken though. Has the style described to me. A post on the seed side thanking for any help. What do ya'll think?

Kathy

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Yep! I know exactly who you mean and thought the same thing,but....the join date isnt right ! ;)

Original Author
    15 years ago

Good call agirls,

There is no way that morning glory woman could ever remember a member name that far back.

Sue

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

LOL....you are so right Sue,that would require her to remember it for 4 years....she cant even remember ones she created months ago! Thank goodness she has such lousy memory,imagine what a criminal mastermind she would be with a good memory! :O

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

OMG, what a scary thought. MG girl with a memory, OMG.

The only thing she has on her mind is collecting MG seeds by the 100's of 1000's.

Could that be why her memory is so poor?

Fran

• chrizty
    15 years ago

bump lol

Original Author
    15 years ago

lol...after noticing the newest request for mg seeds I came over here to bump this up. Chrizty, we must have seen the same post that brought this thread to mind.

• chrizty
    15 years ago

yep i seen that n thought of this thread.;)

Original Author
    15 years ago

Whoops!

Poof...It is gone! Whoo-Hoo! Boy someone is sure on top of things today. I thought it was strange and even sad that the member was looking for massive amounts of MG and DATURAS to fill 15 acres of sun and woods. It is especially sad that anyone would introduce such things as those to a woodland area. I work hard each year trying to eradicate non-natives from my woods that have been introduced over the years.

• reeselayne
    15 years ago

I just got an email from the person that posted the request for the mgs on the seed page. She wanted as many rooted trumpet vines as I could give her. of all things to want! AND she offered me a couple types of seed. When I asked her if she had a list, she said she had a problem with someone deleting her account because she posted she wanted mg for postage.... She said she made another account and I could check the thread for her list. I told her I wanted to trade plants for plants not seeds. If I have to go to the back of my property and dig, I want more than a tiny baggy of seed. Not to mention the postage! sorry didn't mean to vent here but I was kinda shocked. How do you deal with people who obviously want an uneven trade?

Original Author
    15 years ago

sorry didn't mean to vent here but I was kinda shocked.
    Vent away. We understand as a lot of us have seen and heard it all when it comes to outlandish requests. Anyone who has never hiked, dug, washed the roots, and packages plants for shipping are clueless about how much time and work it is....not to mention like you said the postage involved, and maybe even a trip to the PO.

How do you deal with people who obviously want an uneven trade?

{{gwi:33460}}

or better yet, just ignore.

hth

Sue

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Got to agree with that one Sue.

OR you could day something like.

Thank you for the offer, but I do not trade plants for seeds.

OR,

I am not trading at this time and do not have an undated trade page now. You are more than welcome to respond to a new offer if/when I make one, by posting on the offer thread.

OR

as Sue said, just hit delete on the e-mail.

OH, yes. I did get a cold e-mail from said mentioned member on the MG seeds as well as wanting some other seeds.

I just sent a quick e-mail that I wasn't trading or doing SASBE at this time.

It took me a couple of minutes to notice what I figured out was the GW name and had trouble with a search to find it, but finally did.

Then noticed the post that is now deleted, but it was really late and too tired to respond to the post and presto, it's gone.

Oh my goodness 15 acres of land full of MG and datura seeds and it's woodland. What a mess of mass invasives that would end up being.

Fran

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

Hey Sue,
    I noticed you have morning glory seed on your list. Could you send me some for postage? hehe
    jim_6b

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

*snicker* Hey Jim... you starting a business with all those MG seeds... or are they just for personal use? Medicinal purposes, perhaps? :P

Kathy

Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Sue,
    I noticed you have morning glory seed on your list.
    No bout adoubt it. I DO!...and you oughtta see my stash!

Could you send me some for postage? hehe

Seriously, I do hope to grow several varieties with a great deal of separation between them (might have to farm some out), in the hopes of saving seed and it not having crossed.
    Man, then I'll have a big stash of good stuff!

Sue

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

They might help with that twitching problem you have.
    Just kidding.
    Jim

Original Author
    15 years ago

This AM, I have the jitters after drinking a whole pot of coffee and each cup being heavily laden with chocolate creamer and additional sugar. Each cup is like a warm moist candy bar. The additives give me that extra wammy of sugar and even more caffeine, really boosting my energy level until I'm almost bouncing off the walls.

{{gwi:27158}}

Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I cannot say for sure, but I do 'think' that Morning Glory woman slipped under the radar here at GW yet again. Not being 100% positive, I will not share her new member name....at this time.

Just beware of anyone wanting, or needing LOTS of MG seeds, either from cold emails, or when trading, or offering up seeds for BEAP. A little dab will do ya, when it comes to MG seeds, as anyone who has grown them well knows.

Sue

• woodthrush
    15 years ago

Hi Sue
    Drop me an email with her newest email names. I think she posted on the yahoo seed exchange too.
    Pam

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Hi Sue,
    Can you send me what you think her new name is. She's contacted me a couple times and I want to make sure she doesn't catch me with a new name.
    Thanks

Original Author
    15 years ago

It has been confirmed that MGwoman signed up yet again recently, and used the name of dairymaid.

Several of her posts have been deleted. By the process of elimination of some of her posts, one can (imho) assume then that the 'situation' has been taken care of.

If anyone ever suspects that she is posting again, or has emailed you and you are not sure if it is her, feel free to email me, and me and my supersleuths will get right on it and check it out. There are a couple of members who are extraordinarily good at investigative work on the net.

Sue...just the messenger here.

Original Author
    15 years ago

How well do you know MGWoman trivia?

Be awatchin for a quiz!

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

I had a BEAP offer recently and as usual I stated that whoever responded had to post on my offer and send me an email and not to use GW's email. I received a GW email from her and noticed that she had nothing on her member page and had just registerd. Since she had her email address on her member page, I sent her my address, received her stamps and sent her the seed I was offering. I don't really mind. I hope she does plant them and I hope they do well.
    From now on my requirements will be even more strict.
    I feel that everyone should take time to fill out their member page.
    Thanks again to Sue for all she does. She is truely GW's resident busy body!
    I mean that in a good way because you are always very "busy" helping every "body".
    jim_6b

Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Jim for your very kind words....and I never take offense at being called a busy body. I just wish GW would make having an email link the default choice when one joins up. Until a couple of years ago, it defaulted to one having a link, unless a member unchecked the box to 'not' receive emails via the GW email form...sigh. What is the answer? Maybe a Attention Newbies! post to keep bumped up on the Trade side since it takes a good while for newbies to 'find' this Conversation side? What does anyone/everyone think?

Jim, you ready for some MG-Woman trivia questions?

Sue...who has AADD and is in the 'middle' of 'another' reply.

• west_texas_peg
    15 years ago

bump

Original Author
    14 years ago

bump to the top to warn newbies...

• bluespiritartist
    14 years ago

Shish, i wish I had seen this eariler...I just realized that there are converstion posts to different forums! Anyways, with the morning glory seeds, hate to tell you but 30+ years ago there was a way to make hallusanagens with it, called swamp water...very poisonous.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Blue!

Glad you found the Conversation side of the Seed Exchange and won't be a stranger.

We rant here, post a lot of good to know info, talk seeds and plants, and discuss about everything from soup to nuts. This side is also the best place to give a 'shout out' if you are looking for a member, or they are not responding to emails. Posts drop off of the Exchange (Discussion Side) page 1 so fast they are soon lost on the back pages and never seen.

Sue...rbb

• bluespiritartist
    14 years ago

Cool! Thanks Sue, I just can't believe i never saw this before, but no one ever said I was the brightest bulb in the bunch! LOL