Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weather- who has been without power and how long?

Posted by alwaysagarden CA 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 0:36

Got about 4 inches of wet white snow today... really pretty...really cold! Was without power for a few hours earlier tonight, but thank goodness while in the pitch dark I was able to find my multi purpose lighter and light some nice candles. First year of snow for my cat so he has no idea what that white cold wet stuff is. He loves to go outside so I opened my front door to see how he would react to it. Was so funny watching him touch it with his paw. He tried digging in it a little and then ran back inside the apartment LOL! Wondering how you folks are fairing in your areas?

Cindy : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weather- who has been without power and how long?

Funny,.....I thought I'd see a thread like this on the Up-State NY Forum. You're on the OTHER side of the country!

Well, We were blessed with 6 days of no electricity.I have never seen so much damage caused by ice. Huge, mature trees, snapping like toothpicks under the weight of their icy laden branches. It looks like the aftermath of battle. People's rooves crushed in, cars, wires dangling in the breeze.

Worst of it is cleaned up, and most NY-ers are with power again.

All in all,......
Twas kind of nice excercising survival skills, (cooking on the woodstove, innovative methods of cleaning dishes and one's self), and most enjoyable was time spent together for a change, huddling around the woodstove like real families used to,.before the age of electronics!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ice Storm 2008

o
RE: Weather- who has been without power and how long?

We had a power outage due to severe rainstorms a couple days ago. It only lasted 14 hours, thankfully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here