Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrizty

hoes your winter?

chrizty
15 years ago

any one else have a space heater under your desk? lol brrrr! been in the 20*s. we got snow n freezin rain, then snow today. its not bad in the day time but i hate getting out of a warm bed in the mornings lol

im getting ready for winter sowing, washing out bottles and jugs. trying to clean up space so i have room to start tender annuals inside.

im still working on quilting some quilts! good grief its winter i should be using them not still working on them! it is nice to cover up with a quilt n sew the cold day away. now if i could just have a day to myself to do that! holidays are filling my time:)

hows everyones winter going?

Comments (13)

• chrizty
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OMG!!!! i ment hoWs your winter in the subject line!!!!! LOL! 0 how i wish we could edit our posts! lol

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i thought there was some new trick to do with your old hoe's!! LOL **hearty laugh** LOL
    yes, ohhh my its down right cold, ya know the year befor our house got worked on and our heating was suppose to be awesome?? well last winter was not awesome, and this winter, it was not any better. not yet, so far we have a huge draft coming in from as far as i can tell its the south wall. so when hubs gets paid we have to find it. AND i've been blocking off each room so i can find where its coming from, and i can tell there is a huge one in the bathroom, because in the hallway the princess blanket bulges out even when the heat is not on. ya, the weatherization didn't help that much.either that or it has worn out already. now on the other hand, LOL
    i decided that we are going to learn knittng and the kids have a choice between knitting or crocheting but every day they will for one hour do this, it will be our quiet time.
    even if they make just long strands (talla). my goal is to make a really cool sweater. really thick, because i get cold so easy!! LOL with longer sleeves because i can pull them over my fingers.!! **big grinn** LOL ohhhh and we mustn't forget the pockets!! LOL ohhh and the length to cover my thighs cuz i swear they get cold too!! hmmmm..... now if i can make that into reality!! **giggle**
    but most of all, we are staying warm, for a change talla hasn't been getting sick every few days, now that is a real treat for me!! usually every few days, she gets really pale, then "d" then she'll be alright, then in a few days' pale, etc, same pattern, all over again. but nothing is wrong with her. NOT!! LOL
    and pretty soon, i have to go to lowe's and get my stay green soil so i can start wintersowing!! i am very anxious!! mostly to give talla something to do!!
    i hope you stay warm!! and your little ones ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn** :'}

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

hoes your winter?
    I thought your subject line was intentional and got a kick out of it.

I am looking forward to getting so many inside winter projects finally done this year. (I say that every fall) Decluttering, painting, closets, heavy cleaning of everything everywhere, along with windows, blinds cleaned and carpets shampooed.

I 'started' rather late last night, trying to replace the kitchen faucet. It had developed a split in the base and I had been dealing with a spewing water mess for a long time while I contacted the manufacturer and got the warranty replacement. I was almost done, and checked it for leaks and then discovered I had put the valve assembly on backwards. Needless to say, I was so aggravated I just quit on it about 1 AM and called it a night. I'm now ready to give it another go, and try and get it finished up right.

"If anything can go wrong, it will." (Murphy's law)

What are everyone else's winter projects?

Sue...still fit to be tied

15 years ago

Whoo-Hoo...the faucet is done! Happy days are here again.

Sue

• token28001
    15 years ago

I am looking forward to getting so many inside winter projects finally done this year. (I say that every fall) Decluttering, painting, closets, heavy cleaning of everything everywhere, along with windows, blinds cleaned and carpets shampooed.

Yes. I spent last week redoing the bathroom. The house is old and I had already replaced the tub and tile surround. I finally got everything painted and finished. Well, except for the toe molding and a piece of tile behind the toilet.

I grabbed some more seeds today during a walk. I got a native clematis that looks like confederate jasmine. Small star shaped flowers. It was covered in seed. I only got two small baggies full. I also got more datura inoxia. And I collected some seeds from a tree that looks like a butterfly bush, but there's no way a bbush gets 25 feet tall. These seeds are round instead of the normal pods.

Tomorrow, I'll spend another day in the yard getting my leaves chopped up and spread over the new beds I'm building in the back yard. And Monday, I start putting new molding in the living room and stripping window frames getting it all ready for new paint too. I hope to be in the dining room by Wednesday afternoon. Ugh. The joys of working inside. I'd so much rather be digging in the dirt.

Oh, I also got a sunken bed built from reclaimed concrete blocks which will be my hoop house cold frame in the spring. I'm not sure my body can handle this much productivity.

No, I am not a hoe. But I have played one on tv.

Designing women reunion show - Hoedown's in Atlanta.

• barryblushes
    15 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhhh another Pennsylvanian I see.Im near Allentown Christy.Well this weekend here has been bitter cold,with the wind.Tuesday is to be 60 tho.Ive got all my raised beds covered for the winter,and cant wait to start next years seeds.Got quite a few of new tomatoes to try next year from trades,and made three new raised beds at one of the places I work at.All the horse manure I can use too,as its a horse farm.So probably 20 more or so tomato plants over there.Come on Spring!!!!!!!!!!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

PA rocks.."L". Today is alot nicer than we've been having. I actually opened the windows a little bit to air out the house. I live about 45 inutes east of pittsburgh. I have my WS bottles gathered up and now have to get my potting soil. This could be fun, I have never winter sown before...

• chrizty
    Original Author
    15 years ago

medo i hope tella dont het sick. its no fun for the kids when their sick. i hat seeing them sick. good luck on your knitting! i knit. ive been knitting squares to weave together for a afgan. [squares are all i know how to do lol]
    you go sue!!!i got my sink fixed by naggin the hubs! lol

thats it rub it in token! heehee. still seed collecting! lucky you! i can see my yard today just a few patches of snow n ice here n there. mostly mud lol its a beauitful day today though!

theres a few PA folks in here barryblushes:) im sw of pittburgh.GO STEELERS!
    my first year wintersowing too linda! whoohoo! i cant wait. i keep going through my seeds to see what im wsing.

• token28001
    15 years ago

Chrizty, Don't be too envious. The clematis I collected is Sweet Autumn. It's an invasive species here. I'm still considering it for my moon garden. I remember it from my walks this summer. It smells SO good.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

sweet autumn clematis! now i want some of that! i want something sweet smelling!! LOL
    hey i have some viorna clematis but it really wouldn't count, cuz its in the packs we're sending ya tom.
    we are saving all the 2 liters and 20 oz's that hubs drinks, LOL and believe me, that is TONS!! i want individual things, not the hunks!!
    i think one of these day's i will pull our sink and put the new one in, then put the new disposal in, then the new/old because we have been using it, LOL spray faucet!!
    but i have to still get hubs to put in that shower! maybe if i just take out that tub he will!! **big onery grinn** then he'll have no choice but too!! Hee Hee Hee or just kick my butt!! LOL i'll have to take pics of it all and then so i can know what all i need to get!! LOL Hee Hee!!
    heck, tabor and i could do it ourselves, we are not exactly dumb!! LOL ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: b

15 years ago

Whoo-Hoo! I just finished planting the last of the daffs. Ma Nature gave us one last unseasonable warm day today to get some end of the season chores finished.

Its breezy (15 MPH winds) but still 59 degrees out, so this gal is headed out to play some more.

Sue...doing the happy dance

• medontdo
    15 years ago

YAY!!! hubs thinks that some of us are daffy dills! LOL but he does think some of us are funnier than heck and crazy!! LOL
    i am so happy that you got them planted!! guess what?? after no sleep all night last night, and a full day yesterday, and a full day today, i get to sleep tonight!! WOOO HOOO!! i'm feeling the sleep coming on!! ~medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• chrizty
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YAY for you Sue!! its all muddy outside. rain rain rain! got lucky we didnt get the snowstorm. hope all is good with the people in it! some places really got hit hard.
    glad your getting sleep medo! sounds like you could use some! hows your kids knitting going?
    hey if you hubs dont like you touchin his tools you could pick em up n start on the project yourself heehee! thats how i get my hubs motavated. he freaks out at seeing me wih his tools n comes to do it lol
    cool token. i might do a moon garden one of these days. gotta make my beds bigger from all the seeds from GW members! i never had so many before! GWs the best!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH