Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gonna fix it w/ a hammer

Posted by bigred z8 Ark. (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 2, 08 at 9:42

I have tried 3 times to change info in the "Personal Blub" section on my memeber's page but it never takes. However,I have no trouble editing/updating my exchange page. What's up with that and who do I complain too?

Ima gonna get my big ole sledge hammer and fix it!!!

Peggy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gonna fix it w/ a hammer

Whoa Peggy!

been there, done that.

I have no idea why it won't work, but I'd be glad to try and help. Just drop me an email and we can go from there.

In the past there have been members who for whatever reason, just could NOT get something to update and stick, yet when I tried to do it for them, it worked just fine and dandy.

Settle down now. May I try it for you?

Sue....rbb

o

Peggy,
Sue helped me a few weeks ago with the same exact problem.

She has the majic touch!!

Annette

o

Oh Peg, What browser are you using? Do you have more than one browser on your computer? If so, you might try updating your blurb using a different browser.

I have Internet Explorer, and Firefox. I use Firefox 99.9% of the time. I 'suspect' that often when there are updating issues, that it is just a problem with the browser at the moment.

I have helped others, and after that they were able to make changes without problems. Go figure.

Sue

o

Sue, AKA, "magic fingers", "resident busybody" name given by herself not others, "resident computer helper to update things" "resident fix it on seed exchange", "resident wonderful person", "resident eyes open to watch our for us with the scammers and returns of banned members".

Did I miss any titles?

Love you Sue.

Fran

o

man she is just the bomb!! LOL i remember when i got booted off!! the only person i could think of to help me was Sue!! and i wasn't on that long, but long enough to make some good friends!! LOL ~Medo who still helps when i can!! **grinn**

o

Hey Medo, she helped me too and it's happened to me a couple of times when I got booted.

What would we do without "our Sue"? Seed exchange would fall apart without her.

Fran

o

I'm not sure what browser I'm using now.My neighbor came over a couple weeks ago,to help me down load some games and it hasn't worked right since...games work fine though...LOL. A few weeks back I bumped up pop-up blocker to high then I couldn't post pictures(on other garden forums,I've never learn to post pix on GW)so I had to lower pop-up blocker back down to mid. Wonder if I set it to low,it'll let me do that update....but I still don't understand why I can update trade page and not the personal info...???

So Sue...you mean I can't take a sledge hammer to it?....LOL

Peggy

o

I'm not sure what browser I'm using now.
If you look up in the upper left hand corner, you should see what browser you are using. Chances are you are using Internet Explorer, as that is what is most commonly used.

but I still don't understand why I can update trade page and not the personal info...???
Hmmm...I'm not sure either, but have been told that sometimes one isn't holding their mouth right.

So Sue...you mean I can't take a sledge hammer to it?....LOL
No...and not a big ax either.
Photobucket

I'm chompin at the bit for you to email me to see if possibly I can get it done, using Firefox browser.
When you are aggravated enough to 'give up' email me. Like I said before, often after I get a change made, then there aren't problems after that...I think.

Sue...blushin at the above remarks.

o

Aw...come on...just one lil ole whack but I like that guys style w/ the axe...LOL

Heck,I gave up after the last try.

Peggy

o

"What would we do without "our Sue"?" Sue has got my butt out of the sling WAY more than once, tee-hee-hee Just listen to her & she will get ya through this, even if she has to tell ya a few times ") LMAO hahahaha She has the patience of a saint, (believe me I have tested her !!!!) Ya gotta love her ")
Hey Sue!?! Did ya notice my underline, bold, & italics oh crap! I will have to look for my color notes! grrrr, but don't worry I will find them. hahaha
lillyjane aka jan ")

o

I was hoping that you were gonna "FIX" my dialup!!!

o

love the title of this post that is great.

hope you get it all worked out

Acres

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here