Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
token28001

You know what 'grinds my gears'?

token28001
15 years ago

First, let me say that I have had some really great trades on here. I've "met" some really nice people and gotten tons of seeds for my garden. I've sent out my share as well.

But what gets to me are the people who respond to your wants/haves and never follow-up. It's especially tiresome when it's a certain seed that you've been trying to get your hands on.

And another thing...When you buy seeds, and they say the pack contains 50 seeds, but you know just looking at it there's no way that's 50 seeds. So you count them. 22 seeds. TWENTY-TWO seeds in a pack that was supposed to contain 50. Now why can't their quality control be better than that?

There is a plus to all this though. I purchased the "Cherry Brandy" Rudbeckia from T&M this fall. The package says it contains an average of 50 seeds. I counted mine. I was curious. 141 seeds. WOOT!

So why can't other places fix the problem? And why don't people respond after exclaiming that they have/want what you need/have? I know life happens, but come on.

That's what grinds my gears. Thanks for letting me rant.

Comments (60)

• pufftrinket
    15 years ago

Guilty! I am a brand new trader. I have let at least one SASBE offer lapse because I got disorganized when my computer went down. I now know this was bad.

I will put the date on my trade page as soon as I can do so.

I am glad to read all these comments, because it should help me be a better trader. I'm pretty excited about the possibility of this new hobby.

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Id like to see more white space on trade lists to make it easier to read.

Well if you remove all your seeds and plants, there's plenty of white space. :)

There's something up with GW. I want my lists double spaced, especially in the fall when I really do a lot of trading. It helps me and I don't even wear glasses, no matter what I do, GW keeps taking the spaces out. I think I need to learn more HTML.

• jeanne
    15 years ago

I want my lists double spaced...

Type this between every listing: (br) and replace the () with the pointier versions over the comma and period keys. Seems like a lot of work, but if you want double spaced lines that will do it.

Jeanne

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Jeanne. Agirlsgirl sent me an email this morning with that advice. I'll be sure to use it when I update my list next month after wintersowing. :)

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Jaynine, Not only where the burpee packets cheaper in Kmart, but they all had more seeds in them than was listed on the burpee on line catalogue.

The seed packets in Kmart are pure Burpee seed packets, unlike many of the sed packets at Walmart that say "walmart/burpee" on them.

The seed packets of Burpee seeds purchased at Kmart have always been 40% off the price on the packet.

Examples:

Oriental vegetable snow pea called snow bird.

Burpee packet from Kmart packet price $1.79 - 40% = $1.07

Seed amount 325 seeds

Burpee on line price $2.95

Seed amount 225 seeds
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Kmart burpee seed packet price $1.70 - 40% = $1.07
    Seed count 140 seeds

Burpee on line packet price $2.95
    seed count 75 seeds

kmart cucumber purpee pickler $1.79 - 40% = $1.07
    seed count 250 seeds

seed count 100 seeds

kmart cucumber straight eight $1.79 - 40% = $1.07
    Seed count
    200 seeds

seed count 100 seeds

kmart burpee's golden zucchini $1.70 -40% - $1..07
    Seed count 100

Burpee on line price $3.25
    seed count 25

Kmart nasturtium jewel mix $1.79 - 40% = $1.07
    seed count 75 seeds

seed count 30

Always been the same, seed count is double triple and more than the packets on line and the price that burpee prints on the package is far less than in their catalog.
    Makes no sense to me, but it's been this way for 5 years that I have checked it out.

Never mind the higher price on line or paper catalog, but there is also the shipping charges to pay.

The only catch to buying in the store is you don't always have the full selection in the stores as in the catalog.
    But, I've learned to live with that part, try to get the seeds from trades, and learn to live without the seeds if I can't buy them in the store or trades.

One other thing, don't know if Kmart will continue with the 40% off all seed packets this year. With the economy the way it is, we can only wait and check.

Fran

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

You know what 'grinds my gears'?

Too much to say right now, though those things mentioned above seldom bother me much, and also must admit that I have been guilty probably more then once of not responding to an email after posting to a thread. My excuse?...life got in the way at the time, and please don't take it personally. Chances are I have your email buried somewhere back in the back pages and still might reply or apologize sometime later yet.

I am much more bothered by no email links on Member Pages, though realize that those new to the exchange quite innocently aren't aware of it.

I also dislike members not having their location (state abbreviation) in the box along with their garden zone, or worse yet, no zone at all. See I am zone 5/6 S IN
    Not nowing where someone is located often makes it hard to answer questions, or know if a plant is hardy in my area, or will live and thrive. Again, it is an innocent oversite on the member's part. I don't respond to a lot of posts, when I am clueless where a member is located...just so y'all know. I will never respond to a plant trade thread where I am clueless what state they reside in.

Just my 2 cents...........â»

Sue

• bakemom_gw
    15 years ago

When people are offended that they have to send postage for their Newbie Seed Packs. Yes, it has happened. They want the seeds AND they want me to pay for it.

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, I understand that life gets in the way. I have a lot more free time than most people here I'm sure. But it's not too hard to send an email if you contacted someone about a trade.

What gets me is when someone responds, but doesn't email me directly. It's even worse when the email they have in their profile is dead or they don't allow it to show up in their profile. You play ring around the rosie for a week and then you just lose interest. Blah.

• dorisl
    15 years ago

Jeanne!

Thank you for explaining that in an understandable way! I knew the answer but wasnt sure how to explain it in a way that people would understand!

:)â»

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

What do you do when you have been playing ring around the rosie with a seed trade that you've been waiting for 7 1/2 weeks on, and the gardener is pretty popular and well liked? You keep emailing her and she finally responds with a promise to send the trade, but nothing comes! I'm 3 months on the GW and I just don't know how to deal with this person anymore.

Cindy

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and I would suggest just move on to someone else. Sometimes that is just the best to do. Less Headaches...LOL

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

Hey Cindy, have you sent your end of the trade? If not I would call the whole trade off. To me, 7 1/2 weeks is an unreasonable amount of time unless they are having problems that are keeping them from completing the trade and if that's the case they should let you know what's going on.
    I have had trades and SASBE offers in the past where I do not hear from someone and months later find out that they had a death in the family or have been sick in the hospital.
    So back to the question "What grinds my gears".
    1. People who obviously do not read your requirements and just scroll to the bottom of the offer asking for seed.
    2. People who respond to so many free seed offers and trades that they can't keep up with them. My advise is start out with just a few trades or offers first and after those are completed then do some more.
    3. Ignorant postal workers. I didn't call them stupid, just ignorant. There is a difference. And I'm not talking about all of them, just a select few I have had encounters with.
    I could go on but I'm going to stop for now.
    jim_6b

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Fran I forgot to mention Thank you for your time on the research. That is valuable infromation...Barb

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ignorant postal workers. I didn't call them stupid, just ignorant. There is a difference. And I'm not talking about all of them, just a select few I have had encounters with.
    I could go on but I'm going to stop for now.

I had a fun encounter this week. I'm hosting a seed swap right now and the packages are starting to arrive. One package was mailed at the post office with a sticker indicating the amount paid. It was put on there by the post office where it was sent. When it arrived here, I had to pay 35 cents extra for postage. Now, can someone tell me WHY that happens? I mean really, is it too hard to have consistent rules across the board and educate your employees about what is a large envelope and what is a parcel? Come on USPS. Get with it.

/gears have been ground.

15 years ago

One package was mailed at the post office with a sticker indicating the amount paid. It was put on there by the post office where it was sent. When it arrived here, I had to pay 35 cents extra for postage. Now, can someone tell me WHY that happens?
    Because there are clearly some employees who know what they are doing and other employees that are proving that some employees don't know what they are doing. I have had the same thing happen, sorry to say, and of course disputed it rather than paying it. I won of course, since my PO folks are the bestest. They don't however question each and every additional postage due stamp other PO workers across the country place on envies.

Ok, y'all got me started. I had 2 envies returned to me for an additional 16 cents postage on each of them. I mailed one day and they were back in my box the next. I'm heading to town today on other have to errands, and will be stopping by the PO with the 2 BE and have them weighed, and dealt with. Either my scale is off, or there is a scale somewhere that is off, or some employee somewhere is guesstimating the weight without using a scale. Both envies weigh .8 OZ on my scale. If indeed my postage was correct, I'm going to ask for a signed statement, saying so...just a little more ammo for the Post Master General once get a goodie package ready for him. I'll check back in here later today to let you know what they actually weighed.

I suspect the problem was not at my local PO, but instead, down at Louisville. Anyway, I'll report my findings later.

Sue...startin to twitch a bit again this AM

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue...startin to twitch a bit again this AM

I almost emailed you about this one. My post office was the one that charged the extra amount. Apparently I'm now on their list. There have been several in this swap that needed more money. All told, it's been less than a dollar, but still, 4 42 cent stamps should have been enough for all of them. I weighed them and my scale matches the PO here. They're charging us for parcels, not large envelopes.

15 years ago

They're charging us for parcels, not large envelopes.
    Are they for sure under the 3/4" requirement? Are the contents taped in place, so they don't shift and make it go over the 3/4" requirement?

4 42 cent stamps (1.88) would have covered a 7 OZ Large Envelope, or a 5 OZ Parcel. So are you saying you put 4 stamps on it, and there was postage due when it was received on the other end? Or...other members put 4 stamps on envies and 'you' had to put additional postage on it when it was received?...or other members put 4 stamps on envies and other members had postage due when they were received? Why do you think it is 'your' PO? I was thinking that you had gotten your PO on board. If you had postage due on envies coming into you, it wasn't really your Po's fault. They cannot be responsible and be expected to and recheck' what every one else has charged or stamped on BE.
    If there was postage due when you received the envies, I'd go in and dispute it if you think it really met the requirements of being an envy. I know it is a hassle, especially if one does not get into town and by the PO during their hours of operation, like me. I just hold the unopened envy, and email the member what the hold up is until I can get it checked out. Once it is opened, all proof of what the envy was shaped like is gone, thus no leg to stand on.

Postal scale-Ebay-bid is at $11.51-Free shipping with 1 hour 50 minutes left

Postal scale-Ebay-bid is at $10.49-Free Shipping, with 3 hours left

Postal scale-Ebay-bid is at $.06-Free Shipping with 4 hours and 20 minutes left.

If anyone is interested and misses out on these, there are other great buys. Just Pounds and Ounces is the seller. Just watch what he has listed for auction...not his store listings. He also has some good prices on bubblies. One needs to price compare the 'per envelope cost' and the envy size to get the best deal.

Sue....TWITCHIN BAD NOW and heading to town

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hey Jim, yes I sent my trade to her over 7 weeks ago. Rosepedal, I'll email her one last time the coming weekend. If I don't hear from her and there are no seeds sent by Jan. then stick a fork in me because I'm done with her. Well I'm off to do some baking and preparing gifts. Will take me all day, but I love it! Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Cindy : )

15 years ago

If I don't hear from her and there are no seeds sent by Jan. then stick a fork in me because I'm done with her.
    I do hope that you will consider doing a negative, but nice, review on her stating the facts. After our discussion about 'said' member, I thought it was going to work out. I do so hope that she comes through. Even with the heavy holiday mail, you 'should' see the seeds by Jan, I would think.

Sue

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, I just thought it was my post office since the sending office was the one that put the original label on it.

And I have had a couple with 4 stamps that required a few extra cents, but these were larger than 9x12 envelopes. From usps.com

- No more than 12 inches high by 15 inches long by 3/4 inches thick

is considered a large envelope. They were claiming it was 8 ounces when it was 7.

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's a screenshot of the rates. I intend to print it out and tape it to the envelopes I mail back for the Post Offices that seem to have problems knowing their own regulations.
    {{gwi:33649}}

• medontdo
    15 years ago

geeze seems we all seem to be having some problems, LOL mine, not so much, i want those scales!! bwaaaahhhhh!! LOL
    i know a really great friend who is having problems with a gw member who used to be a really good trader. now, we're just not to sure anymore.
    i would have to agree on what grinds my gears,
    1) people who don't follow thru on trades
    2) people who don't follow thru on sasbe's
    3) people who on threads just have to be in there to hear themselves speak, so they talk just to be talkng and causing ruckus to be causing it.
    4)right now, its tabor not finishing his school work :'( ohhh ya, wait, LOL
    its just people who have to always be right even when they know they are wrong, that just drives me up the wall!! ya just want to reach thru here and smack them good!! give em a good christian smack of goodness!! **big grinn** then maybe they'd be have for a bit, ya know??
    yep, i'll change that on my trade page, i NEVER thought of that out, its kinda like waiting for the last piece of pizza in the morning and when you get up, the kids ate it, man!! or that awesome cheesecake that no one can make, but you have to go somewhere special to get!! LOL and they no longer make it. ***sigh***
    ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm sorry medontdo, but you're wrong. :)

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong. ;)

15 years ago

I just thought it was my post office since the sending office was the one that put the original label on it.
    toke, I'm not positive, but I think it can get stamped by workers anywhere along the way. My substitute carrier even stamped one (one time now mind ya before it got addressed) with postage due on an envie I had put in my box to go out. He was of the thinking that all BE were parcels, and took it upon himself to stamp it instead of it going into the PO and the clerks sorting the mail and making such a determination.
    When I discussed it with my postmaster, he got the sub on board, and everything was cool.

Ok...reporting in on what I had said above yesterday before heading to town.
    Ok, y'all got me started. I had 2 envies returned to me for an additional 16 cents postage on each of them. I mailed one day and they were back in my box the next.
    In a nutshell, the 2 stamps I had affixed were indeed correct as they were both under 1 OZ. I think I understood the one harried clerk to say he 'thought' they had been stamped that way there in their PO. He could only say/suggest that there 'might' be a scale there that is off. He said he would make note to have the scales there all checked and apologized. Super nice guy...all alone, and with a long line.

Sue

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

People who think they know everything really bother us who actually do.
    Merry Christmas!
    Jim

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jim, I feel the same way. It's good to be king. :)

Sue, you are on top of this. From now on, I'm going to be taking mine to the PO before I open them if the weight for the postage is correct. A few cents here or there from millions of people can be a huge profit for the PO. I already pay enough in taxes. If I wanted to get ripped off mailing these things, I'd use FedEx.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Thankfully, my carrier knows the proper postages, and all three POs here in Edmond seem to know. I've not had any problems, but if someone receives BE from me and it's marked extra postage, I'd want to know! I have a scale too, bought from Just Pounds and Sense like Sue's. Got is for a total of $18.. the scale for $.96 and the postage! Watch their auctions! And they mail out very promptly and it's very well packaged!

I'm hoping I'm not behind on any trades. There's one that I know I'm behind on, but we agreed to wait til after the holidays. There's another Secret Santa one that I'm mailing out, but she also knows it's coming after the holidays since I was waiting for something in particular to come in from a seed order that I really wanted to share with her :)

Between holiday work schedule and never managing to get off work on time lately... I work at Wal~Mart in the Lawn and Garden center... which right now is the "Christmas Shop" and one of the busiest departments in the store... add to that I'm a cashier and you see how late I've been getting off and how exhausted I am when I do! As far as I can remember or find in my email folders, I've only got the one trade in progress, but if anyone knows of one I'm behind on, PLEASE remind me! Between work and home and Christmas shopping and our brand new 2008 van being in the shop for the 6th time for brakes (twice now while we're waiting on arbitration on the Lemon Law claim we made) I'm somewhat braindead!

Aside from those two that I need to mail out, I've confined myself for the most part to Round Robins... the one with Token I've already mailed and the "What's Left", MNF and Birthday Extravaganza are all due after the holiday once life starts getting back to normal, I think :P

I do know, though, that the package can be marked postage due anywhere along the path to get from A to B. My DH is a rural carrier and it makes him angry that so many try to overcharge. You'd think that something done federally, though still a "private" business, would be able to hold standards across the board. It would really be nice if they realized that a BE that fits the requirements isn't a parcel. It's really annoying when someone has taken the time to go to the PO and get a metered postage tape put on and someone else along the way decides that the sending PO was wrong. Really speaks badly to the state of our postal service. Being on the "inside" I realize how messed up it is sometimes, but sheesh! You'd think that they could keep that a "family" secret and present a united front to the rest of the world, wouldn't you?

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!!! Or Happy Holiday, whichever you choose to hold dear! :)

Kathy

• dorisl
    15 years ago

Not exactly gear griding, but a little annoying. I wish that no-one would be afraid to post factual information on an R&R when a trade goes bad. It make me sad when people feel they need to make a post to ask permission to complain about somebody. It doesnt matter how "popular" somebody is, if youre getting blown off on a trde, you should feel free to post the particulars.

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

dorisl, I agree with you 100%!

Cindy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

no doubt!! even if its me!! hmmmm.....i surely hope i'm caught up! LOL i'm not always right, but i tell ya, i don't mind apologizing and i don't mind being wrong, but i do mind people who can't say the simple words " i apologize" what's so hard about that? my step father is that way, you could pull all of his toe nails and i bet he'd still never apologize for something he done wrong even if he knew he was in the wrong. just drives me nuts!! ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

I have to admit, I was probably one of those newbies that didn't follow through with a SASBE. After joining, I figured I didn't need the free seeds as I had been trading and received many very generous trades and figured they should be saved for those without seeds and only starting out.

When I first started, I lost contact info and only documented mailing info (without user ID's or email addresses :o/) I'm not sure if I followed through with the few SASBE's that I responded to, but I know I sent several.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure who I sent SASBE's to and who I didn't...or if I actually sent all two or three. When filling my trades, I wanted to make sure that I followed through with the actual trades, thinking those were more critical. I didn't realize (of course now I do) that this was a problem. I can certainly see the frustration now and I feel bad that I may have caused anyone frustration.

I apologize to anyone that I let down on the SASBE...not sure if it was you Fran or who it was, but I'm very sorry.

• heavenlyfarm
    15 years ago

It annoys me when you've settled on a trade and then they suddenly stop responding after you send their trade to them. A long time ago, I can't remember the username, when I was just starting out with seed collecting, I sent someone a trade and after about two weeks I e-mailed them asking if they recieved mine and sent theirs. I got a nice response filled with obscene comments, making sexual comments about my mother and telling me to F-off now that they got my seeds. I was stunned!! Needless to say I reported them and blocked their e-mail address. The fact that someone could be so rude shocked me. It's one thing to be a bad trader but this person was a bad person...I mean it was about seeds...thankfully I have had many nice trades with nice people and have not experienced that once more.

15 years ago

Yes, heavenlyfarm, there has been a handful of real doozies join up here over the years. Thankfully they are really far and few between.

btw...did you know you don't have an email link or a location listed on your member page?
    Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues for complete instructions on getting both set up. I noticed you have only been a member for a year. Did you by any chance go by a different name in years past?

Sue...resident busy body

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm finally getting my Red been balm. I can unclench now.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

heavenlyfarm & chemocurl - Have three now that have taken many packages of seeds from me without sending. Two of them are either the same person or know each other. Way too much similar and very close in location...the second trader having a PO Box. Makes me angry that I fell for it :o/ Not sure how long I'll wait to post on the R&R forum, just in case I'm wrong but it really doesn't matter, he'll just sign up with a different nick to try to get free seeds from me again or mess someone else over.

15 years ago

Not sure how long I'll wait to post on the R&R forum
    Suggestion...when you post, if you are starting a new review thread, include the city and state in the subject line, along with the member name.

On a recent scammer, I recently even posted their 'wish' list so folks would better recognize them if/when they returned with a new name and were looking for the same things.

Ya know, I'd be afraid to scam folks out of seeds, plants and postage. I'd be afraid someone would show up on my doorstep confronting me. Scammers must not be concerned about such things ever happening.

Sue...rbb

• dorisl
    15 years ago

Not sure how long I'll wait to post on the R&R forum

Aw for the love of compost, GET YER BUTT OVER THERE AND MAKE A POST!!!!! YES IM YELLING!!!

Every one of us needs to make a new years resolution that if you want to come here and post about a trade, skip that step do not pass go do not collect $200, just go and post the particulars to the review thread.

*deep breath*

Maybe Emily made the coffee to strong after all this morning....

15 years ago

GET YER BUTT OVER THERE AND MAKE A POST!!!!! YES IM YELLING!!!
    Doris, Doris, settle down. She has already posted about 2 of them, and I guess is still giving the 3rd one a chance to come though.

Maybe Emily made the coffee to strong after all this morning....
    I'd say so, LMAO...........

Sue...off for more coffee laced with lotsa sugar and Creamy Chocolate creamer....mmmm...like warm moist chocolate candy.

{{gwi:27158}}

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Doris and Sue,
    LOL!!!!

Dirtdiggin,
    3 trades gone bad recently, geesh!! I have many of your wants. If you would like to trade, email me. I think it will more than make up for your string of bad luck lately : )
    Remy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Awww bless your heart Remy :) Thank you for your offer.

I'm in a number of RR trades and appreciate the offer, but maybe I'll check out your trade page when all is over :)

HEHE I just might email ya in a week or so :) lol.

Thanks for all the help and Yes! I did post neg R&R on two of them and am awaiting the third and will post neg R&R if he doesn't follow through! I've contacted each one...multiple times. No excuse for their lack of follow through. No reason to say they didn't have any way to contact me. I'm certainly not afraid to post neg R&R...just don't want to be off base with my assumptions.

• heavenlyfarm
    15 years ago

chemogirl,
    I use to be plantsofheaven until one day it wouldn't let me log-in which i e-mailed gardenweb but never recieved a response and my e-mail was getting over a 1000 a day of spam so I started a new one. Everytime I do try to change the e-mail and location thing when I click the button to save the changes, it takes me back to the log-in page and it starts it over. I e-mailed gardenweb again and I hope to get a response back.
    ~mike

• heavenlyfarm
    15 years ago

chemocurl not chemogirl..sorry
    ~mike

15 years ago

chemocurl not chemogirl..sorry
    No problem, Mike. Feel free to call me Sue when replying, which is a lot easier to type (see rant above). 9+ times out of 10, a real first name is easier to remember than a member name is when addressing someone in a thread. Sue is easier than chemocurl. Mike is easier than heavenlyfarm. It's always nice to put a gender to the member also. I almost always assume a member is a female, until I somehow find out otherwise...like in your case, Mike.

Thanks for the name change explanation.

If you continue to have problems updating, and don't hear back from GW, feel free to email me, and I'll see if I can work my magic. Often I think, it is just a browser problem with the member. I use Firefox, and have often been able to get folks updated when they could not get it done themselves. I'm never really sure what their problem was.
    My guess is that you are using Internet Explorer. Might you have another browser (like Firefox) on your computer too?

Sue...who is bettin she could get you updated

• terrene
    15 years ago

Hehe, as long as we're complaining, here are some of my complaints...

- I too find it really annoying to look up someone's trade list, plow through this really long list, only to discover that 3/4 of what's on their list is OUT. Guess it's a status symbol to have a really long list, even if you don't currently have the seeds to trade. (????)

- I enjoy sharing seeds and plan to do a SASBE offer again this winter. I am happy to share my time and seeds, that I have purchased, or collected and cleaned, and meticulously stored, but refuse to pay for postage or materials. (Which is only a couple of dollars, people.)

- Dorisl, I haven't experienced any terrible trades or SASBEs here, but I hear ya on the negative feedback problem. Sounds like eBay! Nobody will post negative feedbacks over there for risk of retaliation and thus having negative feedback on THEIR rating. Also, if you buy some seeds, a toner cartridge, etc. it will be months or years before you know if you've gotten what you paid for. By that time, it's too late to leave negative feedback!

- This is just my personal pet peeve, but being a private person, I do not use my real name on Gardenweb or other public websites. And I remember peoples' GW names only. There are too many posters here to keep track of, let alone TWO names for each. And in some cases, there is more than one 'Karen' or 'Sue' or 'Mary' or other very common name posting to the same thread.

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Dirtdiggin,
    No time limit, the offer is there is you want it : ) If you don't find your tomatoes,just so you know I have many and not all are listed on my page.
    Remy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Thank you so much Remy :) I'll take you up on it as soon as some of these swaps are over. If you are interested in anything on my trade page, let me know and I'll set them aside for you :)

You'll never guess what arrived today in the mail box?? Seems like someone didn't care for the heat. One lone pack of Maple Seeds. No note, no sorry, no KMA no nothing. Didn't even put his name on the envelope. So how would you update the R&R?

• dorisl
    15 years ago

let him ASK you to update he R&R, as far as you know, santa sent you the seeds.....

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Oh dorisl I went ahead and posted it with a little help :) Hopefully it will help him change his technique if he decides to continue trading. Just stated the facts :)

• dorisl
    15 years ago

sometimes "just the facts" are more damning than the most heated accusation...

:)
    Happy New Year!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

So I did a little umm research and realized that I have sent him some seeds too. Not even a thank you but due to the nature or "spirit" of the swap, I didn't even realize it. I'll know better in the next swap.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists