Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladebugz

All Seed Traders

ladebugz
14 years ago

I just wanted to wish all of you the best of the season and let you know that I consider all of you a personal blessing to me. Ya'll are a fantastic group of people that continue to amaze me with your knowledge and generosity. ((((round of applause))) Thank You! And Happy Holidays

Comments (11)

• aquawise
    14 years ago

Right back at ya, ladeebugz Hope yours is the best ever!

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Yeah, this a great, fun community, isn't it?! Thanks for the holiday wishes and a very Merry Christmas to *you*!! :)

• seen
    14 years ago

Happy festive days to you all too :D
    !! - seen

• retsec
    14 years ago

Hope your holidays are the best ever.
    Nancy
    retsec

• irish_rose_grower
    14 years ago

I love this place too, helps keep me sane during the winter.

Happy holidays, I wish you peace and joy,
    maureen

• Alphie
    14 years ago

Happy Holidays to you also! And Happy Holidays to all of my new Gardenweb friends. I hope to be part of the family by next year! Bunch of great folks here. I am so glad to have met so many people who share my love of gardening.

Happpy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year to each and every one of you!

Don

• aquawise
    14 years ago

Theirs a nasty storm going on outside, wind and cold and blowing rain/snow. I am wondering if any of you dedicated Gardeners remember loved ones with flower associations? When I think of my grandfather I think of Giant Peonies he had may and loved them all, he was so proud of his single petal climbing white rose and his hedge of yellow roses. My Dad loved heavenly blue Morning Glory and Bright little Marigolds. Von [my step dad] It was Daylilies and Lilies of any kind, He passed away last year on 12/29. I went to the house and rescued all I could, so I now have many lilies and I don't know the name of a single one. Mother ??? she was not a plant lover but I remember her teaching me how to make Hollyhock dolls using tooth picks. It was so much fun I passed this on to my girls as well. My brother Gary [killed in Nam 1969] Loved Yellow Roses the bright color and the wonderful smell he said made him remember "HOME" and all the thing that go with being Home. My Sister Becky [Died of a drug overdose] Maiden pinks and trumpet vines she gave me tons of magic Lilies, every August when they bloom I thin of her. The Yellow Rose hedge out back came from Gramp's garden. these are for gramps and Gary. All around me I have reminder of those that have passed. Each one in the form of a Flower, Makes me feel all warm an fuzzy inside, Like each one lives on in my Garden. Hug

• jerryngeorgia31557
    14 years ago

Merry CHRISTmas to you and you each one. May the One who's Birth we celebrate, grow richly each day in your heart; and may HIS Truth make a home there in.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Aquawise, I know just how you feel! I lost my mother, MargeC, who was a member here and got me started on this venture! She loved daylilies and Iris! I have tons of them thanks to her and her love of them which she passed on to me. I add new ones yearly to her memorial garden. I can see her looking down and smiling at all the beautiful ones she wanted and now has in her memory! I also grow mini roses for my Grandmother! She always loved them and 2 years before she passed away, I spent a weekend and made her a mini rose garden which she loved! I never fail to think of her when I see my roses blooming! I also never regret a minute of the hard work making the garden for her as she enjoyed it so!! I also have a memory garden for my husband, David! He absolutely loved the stargazer lilies and phlox! So of course I have the David phlox and lilies in his memory garden and at his gravesite on the mountain. I am sure he is loving them from afar. I also find wintersowing bittersweet! I learned how to do it from my mother and we did it together every year for many years! I was unable to do it the first year my mother passed away. I just would cry so! I missed her so much. But I decided she wouldn't want that, so I resumed and each year it seems as if my mother has a hand in it, as each year I get better flowers and better germination and it is amazing how the ones we wintersowed together still bloom and look so beautiful! Some of the stuff we wintersowed 3 years ago just bloomed this last year and were fabulous! I am sure she is thrilled!
    It is nice to have these daily reminders of beauty that return in the forms of the loved ones we so miss!
    Melinda

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas to everyone!
    jim_6b

• daffodillady
    14 years ago

Love joy and peace to you all!! Merry CHRISTmas indeed! Blessings and safety to all who serve in uniform.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022