Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Test request please

Would several members please send me an email via the GW form.

I want to see/test something, and will post my findings later...if I can indeed deduce anything.

I will also post when the test is complete.

Sue

Comments (11)

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

I sent you an email via GW.
    Remy

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

me too!:)

• luvsgrtdanes
    15 years ago

Done!

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Sending E-mail!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'm still needing others who have not yet emailed me, to drop me a Test email via the GW email form.

Tia.

Sue

• token28001
    15 years ago

I did one too.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

just sent one to you.

Fran

Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok. Here is what I discovered.

If a member emails via GW, when I initially open and read the email, I see the Member name and their email addy.

Once I hit reply, their email addy only is shown in the to line and the member name no longer shows in the original email in the from line of the email I am replying to.

If I happen to already have the member name in my address book, when I go to reply, it will show the name I have set up (which is usually the member name/real first name,) and the email addy.

So...going forward, if one does not make note of the member name, before replying, or deleting the 'original' email, the member name is lost.

Since I correspond with a lot of folks, I often put the member name and real first name (if it is included in the email) along with chemocurl/Sue in the email Subject line when I reply.

Just a little FYI...If a member joins and then emails you the same day, often their member page will not be found via the Garden Web Member Search accessible by going to the Member Pages link found in the green banner at the bottom of every page. It takes 24 hours or so for the new member's name to cycle through the system before it can be found via the Search.

Sue

Original Author
    15 years ago

Something else learned from this and being in touch with another member is that the Member Name does not appear on emails sent via GW for all members.

With that in mind, it is important to always sign one's emails with one's GW name as well as signing one's 'given' name.

Sue...aka chemocurl...aka resident busy body

• rb55
    15 years ago

yea! I know that one. Still trying to figure out who that was...

• medontdo
    15 years ago

that is why i put my gw name in my gmail, i sign the bottom with it, i sign it medo, usually but most of his side of the family know's me as michele, and the church know's me as michele, so i'm thinking of doing it a little differently but still leaving my gw name on there.
    like michele aka medontdo because i almost always sign them hugs or something medo LOL
    ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting