Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm not a newbie anymore!

Posted by yotetrapper (riverat@hcil.net) on
Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 17:55

Through the grateful generosity of the members of this website, in a little more than a week of being on this forum, I can no longer call myself a newbie. I have done/ am in the process of doing about 7 SASBE or trade deals, and I also signed up for the secret santa swap. Every day for the past 4 days I've had seeds in my mailbox. Today I got the mail and had EIGHT envelopes of seeds, yes, eight! Each envelope contained at least 3 packs of seeds and one envelope contained 17 packs! I now have more seeds than I will be able to plant!

I do have a question. Since I will never be able to plant all of these, is it considered poor taste to add some to my trade list? A lot of these seeds I was given, and I'm not sure it seems right to trade any?

In the next few days, I will go through everything and see what I won't be planting, then I will do a SASBE offer for a new member.

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who sent me seeds! This website and the generous people on here just amaze me!

Angela

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm not a newbie anymore!

Oh, but Angela, you will be a newbie for a while yet. There are different ideas on just what a newbie is. My idea is that one is a newbie, until they have acquired and collected so many seeds that they then become an addict. more, more, nore.... After they become addicted and have acquired a massive stash, they then advance to becoming an enabler...one who pushes seeds, and tries to get others addicted to the crazy madness of seed collecting.
Enablers feed on the addictions of others.

I see you already have a nice review at The Rate and Review Forum

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who sent me seeds!
The Rate and Review Forum in a nice way of posting a review for members who have either shared or made nice trades with you.

I think you might be headed toward addiction.

A lot of these seeds I was given, and I'm not sure it seems right to trade any?
Yes, it is perfectly all right to list them for trading, or include them as bonuses, or whatever you care to do with them. Often packs of seeds have more than a member really wants or needs to start. It is all right to pull out whatever you care to grow and trade off the rest of the pack, so long there are about 25 seeds or you list the number if there are less.
Often when I send sasbe, I send extra with the extra in mind for building one's trade list, or for just sharing as bonuses.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review-Instructions for the forum are at the top of the page

o

I used extra and bonus seeds to get the ones I really wanted. As long as someone is using them, I'm comfortable with it.

o

I forgot to add, I really don't care if you give them to your friends, relatives, neighbors, or just scatter them along the roadside.

Sue

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 23:35

Hi Angela! You get bonus points for sending a thank you and for posting to my review thread, watch out next time we trade, youll get those bonuses. hee! ****I got too many seeds, got to move them along so I can get other seeds****

o

Yes and Angela, I wanna give you a a big ole Attagirl! too, for hopping right over the R and R and doing nice reviews.

You're a fab newbie!...and I don't say that very often.

Sue

o

LOL it took me like an hour to do all them on dial up on the R&R forum. This forum loads slow for me for some reason. And now I have yet more R&Rs to do. Keep me busy I guess. LOL. I've got the majority of what I wanted now, mainly just still looking for heirloom drying beans, and moon and stars watermelon and a few other flowers. Now I need to find some sort of filing system, my coffee can aint cutting it no more lol.

o

Angela, I have some of your wants, including the moon and stars watermelon. Email me :)

Kathy~ Once a newbie,then an addict, now a dedicated enabler!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here