Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gw name does not appear in e-mails to members

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 13, 08 at 22:36

Was thinking of posting this on the trade side as well, but going to start with it here.

To all that e-mail members through GW for any reason, seed trades or anything else.

Your member name does not show up when the e-mail is received. It only states that the e-mail originated from Garden Web.

There is no way to identify the GW member name, but it does give the member's e-mail addy.

Please remember this when e-mailing through GW. No one will know who you are if you don't include the GW name.

To us oldies, we remember the days when the GW name appeared with the E-mail, but alas, no more.

Fran

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gw name does not appear in e-mails to members

I joined in November and didn't realize I should have put my email for members to see. Now I can't go in and change it. I tried 10 times to change my member profile but nothing works. Can anyone help me. I even tried to rejoin again and it wouldn't let me. I've erased all my cookies and history files. What else can I do?

o

• Posted by plsell Zone 9 - Louisiana (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 15:25

I fixed the problem. I went on another computer and I was able to change my profile. Yeah!!

o

thanks Fran!

o

Hi Fran,

I just did a test, and the member name does show up in the initial email, along with their email addy.
The member name does however disappear once one hits reply....never to be seen again.

Please see my thread Test request please

Sue...chemocurl

o

off to email you now via the GW form...

Sue...chemocurl

o

Don't know how Sue is doing this, but I never have a GW name showing in any e-mails that are sent to me through GW.

The names used to show up when I received them until about a year ago, and then presto they vanished.

So, if they show up for some and not others, it is still always best to include your GW name in the e-mail to be safe.

Fran

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here