Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sue, a question only you can answer, i'm sure!!!

Posted by medontdo 5b Ks (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 23:51

i want to know how to if i can, get a conversation side added to the sfg forum. we only have the one side, and i tried adding the OT to our "conversations" because some of us are well, rather chatty, ummm like me!! **big smile** and a few others, but in doing so, some of the others have left the forum, so i was wondering if we could get a conversation side added. then maybe the other "non chatty" ones can have their "serious discussion" side back. which i am not a real member of that part, only once in a great while do i see something that i really see, or have a real question about. ~Medo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: example-OT and Seed Swapping

Hi Medo,

I'll answer, but I'm sure there are a lot of others that could answer too.

Anywho...there is a Suggestion Forum where you can make a suggestion that a Conversation Side be added to the Square Foot Gardening Forum. Then ask that the other members go and add to the thread in support of it.

GW has not responded to any/many posts at Suggestions in a while, but I think in time that they will implement some additional requests that have been made there. They seldom ever just add one item. The last addition I can remember was back late 2006, when there were many new forums added as well as Conversation pages. That was when we finally got The Rate and Review Forum

The sooner you get a suggestion made, and the more replies you have, the better the chances of sometime getting Conversations.

I was lurking a bit over at SFG and noticed there are usually several OT posts there on page one. I'd suggest maybe trying to just hold it to one thread and start it with OT-CHAT-Mon-Dec 1(the date) and then running it up to say 100 posts, or start a new one each Mon or something.

Maybe try and keep all OT posts in the one 'chatty' thread, even if one has something specific to share. I'd suggest them maybe changing the Subject of Posting line within the thread...like I did here.

It's sad that others have left the forum as a result of the OT threads. You might add something about that when the suggestion is made to add Conversations. In the meantime, just encourage everyone to limit all OT to the one OT CHAT thread. You, or someone could make a general request post there, and then keep that post bumped up to the top of page one...much like we do with the Special Instructions for the Seed Exchange here.

Another alternative, might be to invade a very, very little used, inactive forum where all you chatty folks could check in daily.

Good Luck! Until you all can get Conversations, I hope there can be a decent compromise for all of you 'regulars' there.

Sue...chatty herself as usual

Here is a link that might be useful: Suggestion Forum

o
RE: sue, a question only you can answer, i'm sure!!!

I'll answer, but I'm sure there are a lot of others that could answer too.
Whoo-Hoo...That west_texas_peg was already on top of things and had already made a suggestion at the Suggestion Forum...bless her heart.

Suggestion to add (off Topic) Conversation pages to the Square Foot Gardening Forum.
Let's all go let the ptb (powers that be) know it is greatly wanted and needed.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here