Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

o
adopt a newbie 2

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 23, 12 at 10:57

okay so the thread was getting a bit long which is a great thing...so we are starting number 2 so we all dont have to scroll down a mile lol.

i put in a ton of adoptions...thanks so much to all who adopted, keep it going we have some new newbies lol waiting to be adopted.

messyboysfarms i have removed you from the adoption list as there is no email available and no response to requests to adopt. if you would like to be adopted please let me know so i can readd you...thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: adopt a newbie 2

Current Newbies to be Adopted:

elegance108 i need a zone please- interests heirloom and permaculture (organic)
---------------------------------
Zone 4:
david8n- interests: edibles, shade loving plants, and coneflower
spacetogrow- interests: open pollinated vegetables including long keeping beets, turnips, onions, and bush C. moschata squash (bush butternut or black futsu for example)
*please take a look at spacetogrows most recent post of things she is open to...it really opens up her adoption- thanks
--------------------------------
Zone 5:
ida55- interests: fruits and veggies

Zone 6:
Zone 7:
lisajc2- interests: any
ascrius- interests: succulents,cacti, veggies, onion seed, different basils, open to anything
mokey_ interests:Jewels of Opar, Gazania, hostas, dward mondo and black mondo grass, red hot poker, elephant ears and cannas
winnie13 -interests: perrenials: zinnias, daisies, foxglove, lupines, babybreath, white cleome, irises, daylily
----------------------------------
Zone 8:

Zone 9:

Zone 10:
captivatedlife- adopted by dem pa
optimistique- adopted by cryptid
demonshollowasylum- adopted by tlgraham
beckres99- adopted by margez
corrine1- adopted by roper2008
jedonne- adopted by roper2008
luisito8m- adopted by ymaddox
gagreenman- adopted by canyonwind
lizinelizabeth- adopted by molanic
lynnca- adopted by canyonwind
sdtcwarren- adopted by dem pa
Krystiekeen- adopted by lexiegurl
blissfactor- adopted by scratchits
peaceful warrior- adopted by p-piper
tlgraham- adopted by gardenunusual2
lizgyrl- adopted by ymaddox
seedmoney- adopting txnurse77, sweet_clementine, and cry24
aqtrhorselover- adopted by sassybutterfly
lovesherflowers (NE OH) (cryptid)
*PLEASE NOTE IF ANY OF THESE ADOPTIONS FALL THROUGH PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE ADOPTEES NO LONGER INTERESTED OFF THE LIST AND/OR READD IF THEY WERE NOT ADOPTED...THANKS :)

*Please look at adoptee's post to view more detailed info.

o

okay i am going to start this new thread off right... i am willing to adopt the following:
david8n
ida55
lisajc2

if you three would get ahold of me i would appreciate it and we will get this started!

who else is willing to adopt three? will only leave 5 to currently adopt.

o

I'm a newbie to tropicals and would love anything fragrant & showy. Interested in tropical seeds and bulbs for plants, vines, shrubs, trees. Anything unique and unusual too!
My favorites-
Aroids
Elephant ears: Mojito, Thailand Giant, Limeade, Chicago Harlequin
Alocasia - Amazonica, Black Velvet, Gagaena California, Borneo Giant, Frydek, Hilo Beauty,
Kennedia Nigricans- (Black Coral Pea)
Ipomoea lobata- Spanish Flag Vine
Bat flower
Gingers- Alpinia family- 'Sunspice' Veriegated shell ginger
Plumeria
Borage
Fennel
Parsley Titan

Thank you!

o

I would like to be adopted. Zone 7 - interested in perennials of all kinds and a few flowers i have taken notice of recently:
gaillardia goblin or fiesta daisy
Pink and red painted daisy
Snap dragons
Impatiens
Elephants ears
please let me know what is required of me if someone is willing to adopt me

o

Hi!
I'm a newbie to gardening! I live in the Houston area and I am primarily wanting to grow a garden full of veggies and flowers that will attract hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees. I have kinda started a seed collection, mainly getting my veggie seeds sowed for planting, but I would love to build up my flower portion up! I am also considering a fall garden so that would be helpful, as I have yet to research fall garden and plants for my area. Trying to get through spring!

o

david, ida, and lisa confirmed so officially adopting the three of them. so excited to get them some seeds out and get them started being addicted like the rest of us lol.

o

Elegance108 here. I'm in zone 6 in SW pennsylvania, usa.

Thanks!

o

Psalmist40, here and I'm in Southwest TN zone 7b. I'm still fairly new to gardening but really new to indoor sow of seeds. I seem to kill them every time. I like perennials, veggies and herbs AND would love to be adopted/coached.
Thanks!

o

Psalmist 40- I'm over here in NC and would love to adopt you! I have some of each of what you'd like- all I need is your address- email me at kathysuleski@yahoo.com and I'll get it going!

o

Thank you so very much tlgraham for adopting me. Got your package last night and the selections were great!

Thank you ymaddox for all your effort to make this happen and to all those that made seeds available for us newbies.

Liz

o

Gagreenman and LeyaS seeds were sent out yesterday! Enjoy!!

Annie

o

I would appreciate being adopted if someone wishes. I live in zone 4. I am interested in tropicals or plants that look tropical that I can grow as an annual up here. I'm also interested in ornamental trees and shrubs, and unusual edibles from around the world.

I also tend to love cottage garden plants of all kinds.

Thank you in advance for setting this up, this is such a wonderful community of helpful gardeners. I know that many of us newbies will be back to adopt soon to pay it forward.

Thank you very much!

o

Hi pinusresinosa.
I am pretty new at this, but I would be willing to help you get started with cottage garden flowers/plants. I am in Nebraska and we're in the same zone--so that's something we have in common.
I'll leave the door open-- a tropical/tree/shurb lover can adopt you, too.
Heidi

o

Hi! I would like to be adopted. I am in zone 6a (sw PA) and love all aspects of gardening.

Thanks!

Elegance108

Here is a link that might be useful: Wren Dancer's Blog

o

xiangirl, thank you so much! If my adopters are interested in brugmansia seeds, I do have several named crosses that I'd like you to pick from, as a thank you for your generosity.

o

Hi!! I am hoping someone would be interested in adopting me. I am new to gardening and oh boy I am hooked. This will be my first year's attempt at winter sowing. I am interested in growing a little bit of everything - herbs, veggies, annuals, and perennials. I live in zone 5. Thanks!!

o

Thank you Yvonne I received you very generous package of seeds today. I just wanted to say to every adopter, this is a wonderful forum, you are generous people. I hope to spread some seeds around in the future. I have been blessed so I can be a blessing, Thanks!

o

Many, many thanks to Canyonwind for adopting me. You rock annie!!!!

o

Zone 4:
pinusresinosa- tropicals, ornamental trees and shrubs, unusual edibles
spacetogrow- interests: open pollinated vegetables including long keeping beets, turnips, onions, and bush C. moschata squash (bush butternut or black futsu for example)
*please take a look at spacetogrows most recent post of things she is open to...it really opens up her adoption- thanks
Zone 5:
sonia m- interests: herbs, veggies, annuals, and perennials
Zone 6:
elegance108- interests: heirloom and permaculture (organic)
Zone 7:
ksims- interests: perennials (see thread for specifics)
kasha77- interests: tropicals (see thread for specifics)
ascrius- interests: succulents,cacti, veggies, onion seed, different basils, open to anything
mokey_ interests:Jewels of Opar, Gazania, hostas, dward mondo and black mondo grass, red hot poker, elephant ears and cannas
winnie13 -interests: perenials: zinnias, daisies, foxglove, lupines, babybreath, white cleome, irises, daylily
Zone 8:
smdane05- interests: perenials (hummingbird, butterfly , and bee attractors), fall gardens, veggies

Zone 9:

Zone 10:
psalmist40- adopted by kasha77
lisajc2- adopted by ymaddox
ida55- adopted by ymaddox
david8n- adopted by ymaddox
leyas- adopted by canyonwind
*PLEASE NOTE IF ANY OF THESE ADOPTIONS FALL THROUGH PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE ADOPTEES NO LONGER INTERESTED OFF THE LIST AND/OR READD IF THEY WERE NOT ADOPTED...THANKS :)

o
thanks all

thanks for all the recent adoptions...lets keep this going we have 25 newbies adopted this sowing season, that means hopefully 25 people to forward some seeds next growing season after those 25 have beautiful gardens and flower beds this year. lets try to get to a 100 by the time spring comes.
we're making america beautiful! look at all the new interest in gardening, nothing like a summer drive through the country and in beautiful historic little towns viewing all the gorgeous landscape, or in the cities all the pretty container gardens that adds interest with every turn. this is a fun project and thanks to all who are participating...i know you are touching each person and the comments show how grateful each and everyone of them are for you being so generous and kind to share. thanks again and god bless for all your generosity.

o

Hello all,
I am pretty new to gardening. I live in Minnesota (zone 4a) where I'm studying to be a high school math teacher. I have recently discovered how much I like gardening. I especially like growing veggies and herbs. I love different varieties of tomatoes, onions, and squashes, but I'm open to trying new veggies too. You all have so many varieties of seeds that I've never even heard of. I would love it if someone would adopt me. Thank you,
andriak

o

After a trip to sunny and warm Savannah, I am back in Denver opening a fabulous package from dem pa. Thank you for all the lovely seeds! I can't wait to try growing all the wonderful beans, and greens, and tomatoes, and flowers, and herbs you sent!
I am so very excited about my garden this year. Now I'm off to go so more research about growing beans.

Thank you so very much!

o

Sent seeds to jedonne, and jedonne has confirmed receiving them.

o

I would love to be adopted too. I am in zone 7. I haven't had a garden since I was a kid and now have more than an acre that can be planted. I am interested in veggies and herbs, especially medicinal herbs. Thank you all for your generosity.

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 29, 12 at 10:52

I just received a generous amount of vegetable along with some flower seeds from roper2008 for the children's gardens! Thank you lots! I plan to pay it forward when I can.

o

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to maintaining my own garden and landscaping. I just bought a house a couple of years ago and am learning a lot. My yard was neglected by the previous owner, and in the last 2 years I have spent much time clearing out the broken and overgrown and putting in fresh flower beds and working in compost etc. I am ready to really take my neglected yard to the next level with plants now.

I love perennials, and have a list as long as my arm of things I would love to grow. I have a full shade front yard, mostly shade area in the back yard, and I bought a bunch of containers to put in the full sun area around my deck. I also grow veggies in a square foot raised bed that I want to expand this year.

So really I am open to anything people have to share (except tomatoes... those would go to waste on me. :-))

These are some of the plants I have been looking for seeds:
heuchera - coral bells
pink poodle echinacea
black barlow columbine
ranunculus
creeping phlox
creeping thyme
creeping speedwell
donkey tail spurge
yarrow
helleborus
candytuft
ornamental grasses
walker's low catmint
sedum
succulents

I also love hostas, but I've only ever gotten plants of those. I'm game to grow them from seed.

I have a square foot garden, and love all kinds of peppers and interesting veggies as well.

Thank you for making this wonderful resource available. I really appreciate the opportunity to be adopted.

o
new list

Zone 4:
andriak- interests: veggies and herbs
pinusresinosa- interests:tropicals, ornamental trees and shrubs, unusual edibles
Zone 5:
sonia m- interests: herbs, veggies, annuals, and perennials
Zone 6:
Qycone- interests: perennials, hostas, open to anything but tomatoes
Zone 7:
ronthescott- interests: veggies and herbs esp. medicinal herbs
winnie13 -interests: perenials: zinnias, daisies, foxglove, lupines, babybreath, white cleome, irises, daylily
Zone 8:
smdane05- interests: perenials (hummingbird, butterfly , and bee attractors), fall gardens, veggies

Zone 9:

Zone 10:

o
13 newbies

13 newbies who is willing to help out and adopt a few? I am in the process of four adoptions. will be choosing some more but would really appreciate some help from all the forum to hit our 100 adoption goal...can any of you that have adopted spare some seeds for a few more adoptions :)and maybe someone who has never adopted would be willing to share?...thanks for all the support i know everyone recieving seeds is delighted!

o
pinusresinosa

pinusresinosa get ahold of me please i have a few things for you i think you may be very interested in :)...i know they peaked my interest!

o

• Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co. IN (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 20:21

I am willing to adopt spacetogrow and sonia m. If each of them will email me with their address, I will get packages together for them.

o

I recently moved into a new home in Minnesota and am looking forward to being able to plant a nice sized garden this year. I have requested some tomato seeds from WinterSown, but would also like to grow onions, kale, lettuce, peppers, or really any other type of veggie that can grow in zone 4. Love the forum and I can't wait until I am able to share with others.

o

Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 22:53

I will also adopt minmous and have sent a email already.

o

Hi! I'm totally new to gardening and recently moved into a house with a totally neglected and mostly shade yard (if yard is what you call concrete and patches of dirt...)

I would love to grow anything that thrives in shade/part-shade (and is easy for a beginner!). I also have a small area of sun, where I'm planning to build a raised bed to grow veggies.

I would love to be adopted! Thank you!

o

LeyaS emailed me...she received her seeds...adoption complete!

Annie

o
RE: Alexshrugged

Alexshrugged,

You do not have your email listed on your member page. You need to that so people can contact you. I might be able to help you out. Please email me!!

Thanks!!

Annie

o

I'm another in need of an "adoption". I am in Tryon NC & have loads of land. I only use heirloom or organic seeds but would be interested in obtaining any & all. In exchange, I have an abundance of African Marigold (yellow/orange), Bright Lights Cosmos (yellow & orange) & a bit of mixed Morning Glories (pinks/purples)

Thanks!!!

o

Email sent (and hopefully, my email now shows up) -- thanks so much Annie!!

Alex

o

I was adopted by cryptid and I have received a great package from cryptid!

o

Hi, I would like to be adopted if there is anyone out there. I'm new to this forum and am still a little unsure of myself. I live in zone 7b and am interested in shade and woodland plants and veggies and herbs. I have lots of space in my back yard where I've just cleared ivy from -- so it's very bare. I have some commercial seeds from last year leftover, but I don't have a ton of anything. There is so much knowlege on this board!! I feel like I don't have much to offer but I hope to learn more about seed saving for next year!! I'm very excited to have found this site!!

o

Hello I am new to gardening and am interested in getting "adopted". I'm new to this so I am unsure what is required for this process. I am interested in growing a variety of different fruit, vegetables, and flowers, I would prefer heirloom, but I'll take what I can get. I live in northern Ca in zone 9a. I have alot of land and can do sun loving plants and shade plants. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

o

Hi,

I would very much like to be adopted. I bought a house last year in Long Island, NY and would like put in a vegetable and herb garden this year. I have long strip of yard that was covered by gravel that I cleared (still kind of rocky). I covered it with some horse manure and leaves in fall but I am not really sure what to do next. I bought some plants last year but they all died and it was very expensive. This year, I would like to start with seeds but reading the process of starting from seeds is kind of intimidating. I would love to receive some seeds and maybe advice about what I should be doing. I have read a lot of threads but I feel like I need a more specific outline or description of the basics. I like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squashes, peas, and most vegetables. My strip of prospective garden is on the east side and gets a lot of sun. Thanks in advance.

o

Hi everyone!
I hope its not too late to be adopted for the upcoming growing season!
My friend was adopted last year and grew the most amazing veggie garden all from her sponsors B.B.s seeds. Thanks to her for the amazing tomatoes I got to eat all summer and thanks to anyone who is willing to Adopt

-E

o

I am not a new member exactly but for the first time in 20 years I am trying a VEGETABLE garden. I have a sunny area and a semi shady area too. Would love any donations of seeds you feel you can share --and any advice too. Our growing time is always kind of short compared to our southern neighbors in Iowa and MO etc. I can start seeds on my 3 season porch though. Kathy in Minnesota

o

Bump...Bump...Bump!!

o

I have been in contact with alexshrugged. I am going to help her out with vegetables for her sunny raised bed area. However, she has alot of shade. I can not help her out much in that area.

If anyone can help Alex out with shade seeds...ie astilbe, columbines, impatiens, etc.....please contact her.

Thanks much!

Annie

o
RE: adopt a Newbie.......

Re: alexshrugged (post above) meant to say sunny raised bed and containers

Annie

o

I need to be adopted as I had cancer and lost most of my plants. I am cancer free for now. I go every three mos. for a pet scan. I whould love to have some castor bean seeds as I lost mine. I really can" plant a lot of seed but can do some. Thank you.

o

Hi-- I am a newbie and I don't have much worth trading. I tried winter sowing my first time this year and have gotten addicted to it already! I would love to get more seeds if anyone has extras. I am not too picky at this point, but would appreciate perennials mostly since I don't have room for a veggie bed this year. Please adopt me! :) Thanks so much!

o

I would like to be adopted, please! I have nothing to give at this point but willing to give next season! My church is starting a community veggie garden-the plot isn't started yet but with cardboard and leaf mold, it shouldn't take long. I am looking for anything anyone is willing to give plus some seeds for flowers the deer won't eat! For myself, I would like delphinium seeds if anyone has them. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

o

Hi,

I just started gardening and would like to be adopted. I am learning how to grow my own veggies/herbs garden but need some seeds. TIA!

o

capecodbeach- please post a zone. open to anything?
hinzinho- please post a zone. veggies and herbs.
Zone 4:
kathyminnesota: interests_ vegetables has sunny and shady areas
pinusresinosa- interests:tropicals, ornamental trees and shrubs, unusual edibles
Zone 5:
susieq68- veggies (for church community veggies garden), flowers deer resistant, and delphinium seeds
doris836- intersts: castor bean seeds

Zone 6:
nomina- intersts: veggies (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squash, peas, and most veggies) and herbs.
Zone 7:
mabiebaby- interests: perennials
carolinagirl77- interests: shade and woodland plants, veggies and herbs
min624- interests: heirloom or organic seeds but open to anything
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
nico girl3- interests: fruit, vegetables, flowers both sun and shade loving. prefers heirloom but open to all.

Zone 10:
alexshrugged- interests: shade loving plants
soniam- adopted by bcskye
spacetogrow- adopted by bcskye
pinusresinosa- sasbe for cottage garden flowers from xiangirl open for rest of adoption

o
update

20 newbies needing to be adopted...thanks canyonwind and bcskye for this weeks adoptions, it is very much appreciated!

bcskye love brown county we have camped at wildwood and just love the lil shops in your area...actually love more bout 20-30 minutes up the road at edinburgh :). anyway nice area and thanks for the adoptions.

for anyone i have adopted recently or that has emailed me requesting seed i worked last four days 12 hour shifts and have new shih tzu puppies (3 weeks and 3 days old :) ) so just be patient i have not forgot about you. been doing some remodeling as well...so just a bit busy but plan to work on in next day or so...thanks for understanding!

capecod beach and hinzinho please post your zone as well as what you would like capecod, then i will add you to your proper zone.

28 adoptions on our way to our 100 adoption mark...anyone else willing to adopt a few newbies and make the world a better place one garden at a time ;) lol thanks so much for all the contributors and lets keep this going for all these new seed lovers!

o

I can adopt mabiebaby and nomina but I need them to email me with their addresses.

Don

o

I would like to adopt nico girl3. Will be sending an email.

Misty

o

Hello all! I thought that I had already asked to be adopted but I do not see my name anywhere! Apologies if this is a repeat! I am newbie to gardening and suffering a bit from information overload but I am learning as I go! My biggest interest is wintersowing and seed-saving. I think I am also unusual in that I really like digging stuff up so I'm learning about tulips and dahlias BUT that is still a minor interest because bulbs are so spendy. Happy Gardening to all. I would love to be adopted! Susan

o

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 20:37

I would like to adopt alexshrugged and help get her set up with shade loving seeds; I just sent her an e-mail.

o

I have adopted mabiebaby and will mail seeds today.

Don

o

Hi - may I be adopted too? I just moved to zone 5 and I'm looking for anything that my boys and I can eat. I've grown before, further south, and times are tight. I'll adopt a person myself next year once things are going again and I have seeds to give!!!

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
chwgarden- all eatables
susieq68- veggies (for church community veggies garden), flowers deer resistant, and delphinium seeds

Zone 6:
susaninosceolamo- interests: anything
Zone 7:
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
nicogirl3- adopted by scratchits
nomina- adopted by dem pa
mabiebaby- adopted by dem pa
minmous- adopted by bcskye
pinusresinosa- sasbe for cottage garden flowers from xiangirl open for rest of adoption

o
lets get adoption fever lol

susanc, scratchits, and dem pa thanks so much guys for the adoptions...i'm sure your adoptees are very delighted and excited!!!

i have my adoptions caught up so i am ready to adopt a few more people:

elegance 108 if you would be interested in me sending you a package of whatever i have i would like to adopt you...if there are things you dont want trade for things you do. then you will have extra's to trade with...let me know.

susieq68 not sure if i have delphinium but i can certainly help you out and again maybe some things you can trade for things you really want.

mokey i have hostas if your interested and maybe a few extras you can trade with or you may just want to try...what do you say?

kasha77 this would be a special adoption cause generally my tropical seeds is something i only do in trade, but i noticed why you were waiting to be adopted you adopted someone else lol. i have amaryllis, plumeria, and desert rose. let me know.

each of the above please email me and we will get these adoptions started.

can anyone else match these four adoptions, it would be much appreciated!!! who has the seeds to help?

o

chwgarden, I would be happy to adopt you. Please email me. :)

o

chwgardener, here's something to help you with your member page regarding GW email:

From addressing newbie and newer member issues-first draft.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/exseed/con0311080016363.html?51

Addressing the NO Email link on their Member Page

To set up your email link, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
You will then probably be asked to login in again.
Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place an email link on your member page, making it handy for members (potential traders/sharers) to easily reach you in the future.. There is no need to hunt up a post to find an email addy.

o

What a fantastic idea! I too would love to be adopted! I live in zone 9 and am interested in growing heirloom, organic vegetables and herbs. One of the great things about living here in the Houston area is a year round growing season! Thank you for this great opportunity!

o

I mailed Alexshrugged her seeds yesterday! Enjoy!

Annie

o

Hello Everyone.

I am a nurse living in Helena Alabama zone 7a. I learned to garden from my Papaw and my Papa when I was a young girl. I garden using the square foot method now. I have always used transplants but this year I would like to advance my skills and plan to devote more time to learning about my garden ie seeds, better composting,?? worms. I would like to be adopted/mentored in heirloom seed planting. I grow vegetables and an extensive kitchen herb garden (I did start some basil and dill seeds last year with success). Growing up in the Midwest... I am slowing learning about how the hot southern summer effects vegetable growing.

Thanks for considering me!

Kim

o

Still waiting to hear from chwgarden.

o

Alexshrugged emailed me....she received her vegetable seeds! Enjoy Alex!

Annie

o

Hi, I'd like to be adopted. I am starting a small square foot garden and a few containers. I have limited space so I'm looking to grow some specific herbs, veggies and a few flowers. I made a want list but I'm open to other varieties especially dwarf, and/or prolific, and/or disease resistant(Our summers or hot and humid). I'm thinking that these things will help me make the most use of our space. Hope I'm not being too picky-I just don't want to be wasteful.

o

nomina emailed me saying she received her seeds.

Don

o

I have heard from one person I was going to adopt if the other three are still interested they need to let me know in the next.day...otherwise I will assume the adoption is no longer necessary and you will be removed from list. If you find however you have been removed but still want to participate please let me know and I will add you back :). Cryptid if u hear nothing as well please let me know and I will remove your person as well. If you would like to adopt someone else that would be great! Thanks everyone for the continued support of this project, it is a team project despite me updating that is all I do, this is the seed exchanges project. Originally started by Kilngod however she is no longer around as far as I know. Have tried to email her if anyone has info. about her please post and thanks again for the continued support of this project!

o

mabiebaby emailed me saying she received her seeds.

Don

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
chwgarden- all eatables
doris836- intersts: castor bean seeds ---------------------------------
Zone 6:
susaninosceolamo- interests: anything
Zone 7:
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
Zone 10:

o

Mokey, elegance 108, and Susie68 u have been removed from adoption list...I am assuming your not around anymore as I never heard any interest in your adoption. If you would like to be readded please post a message letting us know you would like that and make sure u have a valid email to contact you. Cryptid describes how above.
Kasha 77 I am leaving you open for adoptions as I am only sending a few tropicals, hopefully others have more of your wants.

susaninosceolamo,qycone, smdane05, & winnie13 I would love to adopt you contact me VIA email.

I will be adding homeblessings, kolet66, & shriefie to list when my internet back up,they are fixing but to difficult to do on my smartphone...tedious even :)...please take a look at these three adoptees and if interested in adopting please contact.

Cryptid did your adoptee contact you?

o

Thanks for adding me to the list! I think cape cod is zone 7, I'm interested in veggies! The pack my friend was send by bethb had the most amazing veggies, I was so jealous, Now my garden might compare this year!
Thanks Again

-E

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
chwgarden- all eatables
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
homeblessings: interests: herbs, veggies, and flowers (see wnat list on trade page)
kolet66- interests: vegetables and herbs
capecodbeach- interests: veggies
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
shriefie- interests:heirloom vegetables and herbs
Zone 10:
qycone: adopted by ymaddox
susaninosceolamo: adopted by ymaddox
alexshrugged: adopted by susanc

o
internet fixed yeah

i have heard from susaninosceolamo,qycone,& smdane05...thanks gals for getting in touch with me so quickly. again take a look at my trade page and email me some of your wants from that list. i have a basic 10 pack of seeds packed up for you already but would certainly happily add more to it. most of the things that are on there i will not be planting that are in the flower section. i have ordered things that i will be planting or already traded for and may throw a few surprises in :) so dont be shy just let me know. btw when i say basic they are not basic per say i just fixed up ahead of time some seed packs for adoption so i was a lil ahead of the game :)...they include some hostas and other things, so they should be fun.

winnie13 if you are still around get in contact with me i would love to adopt you!!!

There are alot of requests for veggie seeds and herbs and i have a suggestion. If i was doing some basic herbs...dill, chives, parsley etc... or basic veggies straightneck squash, cucumber etc... i find that you are better off going to walmart and doing their 20 cent seed packs and herbs. decent selection, and also try dollar store. that way you can offset what you do not get from your adoption so you can get planted what you have planned out for this years garden. These seeds have done very well for me, so dont pay a big high price for seeds thinking you get what you pay for, in my opinion these seeds are great quality and great price...so that is my suggestions. i wish i had more veggie and herb seeds i would adopt the whole bunch of ya. i just dont have them myself...hopefully someone will step up that has a abundance and adopt you veggie and herb guys.

o
adopted

35 adopted so far on our way to 100 :)

min624 i will adopt you as well so just send me a email :)
ksims i will adopt you also send me a email as well :)
both of you please as well look at my trade list and pick out some wants and let me know.

o
min624

min624 you do not have a email listed, please look at cryptids instructions above and place a email...thanks

o

• Posted by kchd 7b MS (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 15, 12 at 15:55

I'm new to GW and would love to be adopted. I am in zone 7b in Mississippi. I am interested in native plants (forbs, grasses, shrubs, and trees) especially those that have a high wildlife and/or pollinator value.
Many thanks!

o

I have adopted capecodbeach.

Don

o

Hi! Ymaddox, I'm still here and still very interested!! My work consumed me the past couple of weeks. Very sorry for not getting back to you sooner.I'm going out tomorrow for the veggies..it may be the best scenerio. Still interested in the delphinium, though. If still interested in sharing with me, I will check in to email you. I love Cottege Gardening so if no delphinium seeds left, I'll take what ever I can. Thanks again.

o

I will adopt doris83. Sending her an email now.

~StLGirl

o

Nope,...still haven't heard from chwgarden, unfortunately. :(

o

I will adopt shriefie. The seeds went out to beckers99, but I have not heard back from her. I can make a dent in Homeblessings' want list, but I do not have enough for a formal adoption. For Homeblessings I have Cosmos, Nasturtiums, Zinnias, dwarf beans, Bell Peppers,and early prolific straightneck squash. I have other dwarf and compact varieties of veggies that I will offer to send as well.

o

looking to be adopted. I just built 250 ft^2 of raised beds in my gf's parents backyard and looking to grow vegetables and herbs. Four are 4'x8' and the last is 4'x30 ft and they are all 20" deep with plumbed water. Im looking for heirlooms mainly but anything is appreciated and welcome. i look forward to being adopted and helping someone next season.
kyle

o

Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 20:31

I will adopt andriak. Seeds have gone out to minmous, sonia_m and spacetogrow.

Madonna

o

Sun, Feb 19, 12 at 19:42

Andriak contacted me with her address so I'll send her seeds this week.

Madonna

o

thecollegekid: please post a zone with your wants again and i will be happy to add you.
Zone 4:
Zone 5:
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
kchd: interests: native plants
homeblessings: interests: herbs, veggies, and flowers (see wnat list on trade page)
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
shriefie: adopted by margez
doris836: adopted by stlgirl
susieq68: adopted by ymaddox
capecodbeach: adopted by dem pa
smdane05: adopted by ymaddox
qycone: adopted by ymaddox
susaninosceolamo: adopted by ymaddox
alexshrugged: adopted by susanc

o
update

40 adoptions and almost to the halfway point of the 100 newbie adoption goal...thanks so much to everyone participating.

cryptid would you like to adopt anyone else?

susie68 i sent you a email i would still love to adopt you! so please respond to my email...thanks.

thecollegekid you need to post a zone please and i never looked but if you dont have a email on your page please fix that as well...thanks so much!

The following people have been removed from the newbie list for inactivity- if you wish to be placed back on the list, let us know your still around:
-hinzinho- no response to a zone request...so not sure if your still around.
-winnie13 no response to adoption request
-min624 no response to adoption request
-chwgarden no response to adoption request

*I WILL BE ADDING THE FOLLOWING- YOU MUST HAVE A EMAIL ON YOUR PAGE TO BE CONTACTED AT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADOPTION AND WILL NOT BE PLACED ON LIST FROM THIS POINT FORWARD WITHOUT A ZONE NOTED AND/OR EMAIL NOTED*- what i find is that if you have a email listed and are contacted the adoption goes through, but if there is no email the adoption generally does not process. so please make sure these things are available to the person willing to adopt you...it makes their life much easier...thanks!!!

o
adopt a newbie specs

This is a variation of the adopt-a-newbie formally arranged swap. At some point in the past I think this version was done at least once (maybe by accident, but it worked nicely), and a few folks helped keep the newbie list maintained. I'm hoping that we can make that work again.
***Newbies are newbies if they are truly new to Gardenweb, OR are not new to GW but new to trading and seeds, OR could really use help with seed access. Adopters can adopt whomever they please, and so can select according to their own wishes and criteria.
These adoptions are for seeds primarily (though can include plants too during the appropriate season for that zone).
***STANDARD AMOUNT FOR AN ADOPTION = 10-12 PACKS OF SEEDS***
(Though you can certainly do more if you have more to share.)

Costs to the Newbie:
--will pay the postage to the person sending them seeds (or plants) in advance.
--"seeds only" are the easiest and cheapest postage at about $1.50+bubble envelope to $4.00 and bubble envie included by the veteran)
--"plants too"; needs to be Priority Mail; can run from about $5 to $14
--payment of the postage can be done by check via mail or by easier/faster paypal.

Newbies:
--your email address must "show to members" on your member page in order to be put on the list. make sure your email setting is correct (see link below)
--make sure you have things listed on your Want List (see link), so we know if we have things in your interests. You can list, for example, Black Hollyhocks, Hollyhocks, or Old Fashioned/Cottage type flowers, or Things for shade or perennials, and such. (specific or general, anything helps someone match to you)
--include your zone & state.

Helpful veterans and I:
--will compile and post lists of the newbies+zone+state every so often.
--will check through recent posts and remove those who have been adopted from the new lists when compiling.
--to make things go bold, post < b > before the words (removing the extra spaces I put there), and < / b > after the words (again, removing the spaces). This will help folks find the most recent newbies-to-adopt list.

Traders who want to adopt-a-newbie:
--Try to pick a newbie that matches your zone / climate/ region so that the seeds you know best and have to offer have a chance of growing there for the newbie. Having similarities in garden interests is a plus too.
--POST HERE FIRST announcing who you are adopting BEFORE you contact the newbie. This is for their protection.
--then email the newbie, introducing yourself, providing your screen name, zone, town, state, and offering the adopt.

Newbies who get contacted for adoption:
--check back here to see that the adopter has posted here. (I do not recommend engaging in an adoption with someone who has emailed you but not posted here on this thread. This is for your safety.)
--check the Rate & Review forum regarding the person who contacted you (for protection; this is also why it is required for the adopter to post here not just contact you). This is found at: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/raterev/
Use the search box in the center of the page (below the posts) inputting the person's screenname.
--proceed with the adopt, and arrange details with the veteran. (At this point, that usually means them offering things to send, and indicating about how much postage that will cost, and how you should send that postage.)
--send them the postage for what they're gifting.
--After receiving the package, thank your veteran & post here too (so we know the adopt worked through).
--Post good feedback/thanks for your adopter on the Rate&Review forum

o
updated list with removal of no emails or zones

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
kchd: interests: native plants
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
42.andriak: adopted by bcskye
41.shriefie: adopted by margez
40.doris836: adopted by stlgirl
39.susieq68: adopted by ymaddox
38.capecodbeach: adopted by dem pa
37.smdane05: adopted by ymaddox
36.qycone: adopted by ymaddox
35.susaninosceolamo: adopted by ymaddox
34.alexshrugged: adopted by susanc
33.nicogirl3- adopted by scratchits
32.nomina- adopted by dem pa
31.mabiebaby- adopted by dem pa
30.minmous- adopted by bcskye
29.soniam- adopted by bcskye
28.spacetogrow- adopted by bcskye
27.pinusresinosa- sasbe for cottage garden flowers from xiangirl open for rest of adoption
26.psalmist40- adopted by kasha77
25.lisajc2- adopted by ymaddox
24.ida55- adopted by ymaddox
23.david8n- adopted by ymaddox
22.leyas- adopted by canyonwind
21.captivatedlife- adopted by dem pa
20.optimistique- adopted by cryptid
19.demonshollowasylum- adopted by tlgraham
18.beckres99- adopted by margez
17.corrine1- adopted by roper2008
16.jedonne- adopted by roper2008
15.luisito8m- adopted by ymaddox
14.gagreenman- adopted by canyonwind
13.lizinelizabeth- adopted by molanic
12.lynnca- adopted by canyonwind
11.sdtcwarren- adopted by dem pa
10.Krystiekeen- adopted by lexiegurl
9.blissfactor- adopted by scratchits
8.peaceful warrior- adopted by p-piper
7.tlgraham- adopted by gardenunusual2
6.lizgyrl- adopted by ymaddox
5.txnurse77- adopted by seedmoney
4.sweet_clementine- adopted by seedmoney
3.cry24- adopted by seedmoney
2.aqtrhorselover- adopted by sassybutterfly
1.lovesherflowers (NE OH) (cryptid)

*PLEASE NOTE IF ANY OF THESE ADOPTIONS FALL THROUGH PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE ADOPTEES NO LONGER INTERESTED OFF THE LIST AND/OR READ IF THEY WERE NOT ADOPTED...THANKS :)

*Please have email and zone available in order to be added to adoption list...thanks

o

Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 3:17

I would like to adopt kathyminnesota and have sent her an email.

o

Thank you bcskye for adopting me! I just sent you back an email with my postal details. Thanks Gardenweb for making the match for us. Happy Gardening!

o

ymaddox-just sent my email back to you with my wish list. Thanks for your adoption!

o
wow

wow we are down to seven adoptees left...you guys are awesome and this kind of generosity just keeps this forum growing and growing!!! if anyone can adopt one of the adoptees left that would be great most of them have been up there awhile patiently waiting to be adopted :)

I can tell you i get emails saying how generous you all are to people you dont even know and how much they appreciate it. It is inspiring to know that each of you have taken time to think of someone else and making them happy and for that i am sure you have many blessings on the way!!!

has anyone taken the opportunity as suggested to check out walmart and the dollar store for the essential seeds that are .20 or 4 for dollar? They do have a decent selection. alot of those seeds are american seed co. and i have had good luck with their seeds. Dollar tree and family dollar also has a good selection. I love the dollar tree- maybe it is the no guess work shopping that gets me lol. anyway i think it is a good fill in for the things you want and then that leaves open for the harder to find seeds that you can request when being adopted.

susieq68 i got your emails and i was getting ready to work on my packets so they will be ready to send right back out. have 8 packets going out in next few days. then i will relook at my list cause i still have tons of seed and have wintersown 154 containers thus far!!!

again thank you for all for making this adopt a newbie project a continuing success...again i picked this up only because not sure where kilngod is and i have emailed her with no response and hoping all is okay! but this is not, as i have said before, my project this is the seed exchange forums project...i have just been updating it to keep it going in the abscence of kilngod.

o

should have email and zone updated. thanks
kyle

o

Just received my seeds from dem pa, awesome assortment, everything I could ever want to plant.. THANKS DON! you rock. Thanks ymaddox for setting this up.. and a good growing season to all!

o

Hello, I am not new to gardening, just gardening at nearly sea level again... Just moved into a new place with about 8000Sqft of mostly usable garden space. I went to seeds of Change and bought a bunch of vegetable seed but could always use more seed suitable for San Diego county, California. Yhings I am hoping for are open pollinated veggie seeds, berry vines, grape vines, insect repelling flowers, Gourds. Also help with plant selection for the 3 seasons available for me to use.

Thanks!

o

I am adopting Homeblessings. I emailed shriefie offering to adopt, but as yet I have not received a response.

o

I received a wonderful package of seeds from bcskye. She is the soul of generosity!

Thank you also to ymaddox for facilitating so diligently.

o

Hello everyone! I am a newbie and would to love to be adopted.
I live in zone 10. I 'm new to gardening but love it so
much. Interested in fragrant, rare, and flowery plants .
Also I want to start s vegetable and herb garden.

o

shriefie , check your junk mail folder. I have sent you two emails offering to adopt. I would like more info on the types of seeds that you would like to receive.

o

I would love to be adopted. I live in Zone 6 KY. So excited to have found this site...

o

• Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co., IN (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 21:38

I would be happy to adopt donnaky. Will send her an email.

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
thecollegekid- interests: veggies and herbs
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
kchd- interests: native plants
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
dawgboy- interests: open pollinated veggie seeds, berry vines, grape vines, insect repelling flowers, Gourds
Zone 10:
lashawn- interests: fragrant, rare, and flowery plants. veggies and herbs.
45.homeblessings: adopted by margez
44.kathyminnesota: adopted by bcskye
43.ksims: adopted by ymaddox
27.pinusresinosa- sasbe for cottage garden flowers from xiangirl open for rest of adoption

*PLEASE NOTE IF ANY OF THESE ADOPTIONS FALL THROUGH PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE ADOPTEES NO LONGER INTERESTED OFF THE LIST AND/OR READ IF THEY WERE NOT ADOPTED...THANKS :)

*Please have email and zone available in order to be added to adoption list...thanks

o
update and thank you's

wow we are almost half way to our goal of a hundred!!!

special thanks to all those who adopted this week...you guys are so kind and generous...thanks

wow donnaky you got swiped up quick lol...i have been told that bcskye sends great seed packs, as does all our adopters...but since you emailed me personally and i said i would adopt you, if there are things left on your want list after bcskye adopts you please let me know and if i have i will as well share to. i try to keep my word :)

due to a very generous donation from tod65 and i am sure there are a ton of seeds due to the amount of the sasbe...i will hopefully very soon be able to adopt alot of you that are requesting veggie and herb seeds. i want to especially thank todd he only required i pay postage and gave me his inventory of seeds...very generous of him to do that. and i want to recognize the fact that alot of the seeds you will be recieving will be because of his generosity. so thanks todd for your kindness!!! I also believe in the power of prayer and due to a illness not specified is why todd is giving away his seed inventory. so i ask that each and every person on here say a prayer for todd for his health. again thanks todd :)

o

Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 1:10

Will also adopt thecollegekid.

Can't send donnaky an email because she doesn't have one listed. If she will send me one, I'll get back to her right away.

o
email

dawgboy and donnaky please provide a email within the next 24 hours so you can be adopted. if you do not provide a email in the next 24 hours you will be removed from the list and at which time you provide a email i will happily readd you to the list...thanks so much.

o

I am happy to adopt lashawn...will email her.

Annie

o

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 12:30

Alexshrugged let me know that she received her shady flowers seed package. May they all sprout and thrive for you, Alex!

o
RE: adopt a newbie 2- bcskye-kathy in mn

A hearty thank you! I got bcskye's generous package today. What a blessing to have these 13 varieties for my garden. Every one is something we will plant and eat. :D
I appreciate her generosity and the work this forum does for us all. Thanks so much from my hubby and me.
Kathy in MN

o

Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 13:07

donnaky, I need your email address to confirm the adoption.

thecollegekid, you need to send me your address so I can get your package of seeds mailed to you.

o

Hello
I am a newbie to my new zone 8/9 ca I relocated to. I live in the High dessert of LA of Ca. I love everything but love Brugs, taro, flowers(million bell flowers), veggies, mints, fruit, vines, bulbs, everything I can grow here. I really have killed things by changing area's(zones) I cant believe what a newbie I am again.
Thank you so much
Lisa S.

o

To bcskye from donnaky

email adwells@glasgow-ky.com

o

- Bump -

o

I am so excited! I got my seeds today! Thank you ymaddox for organizing this adoption program and for adopting me. I am anxious to get started planting that I don't know what to do with myself! :-)

Thank you again. I will make good use of them!

Qycone

o

Hello All,

Please remove me from the adoption list. Getting close to seed planting time here in zone 7 so I have gone ahead and placed an order for seeds.

Thanks!

Kim

o

• Posted by kchd zone 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 21:53

Hi,
I have enough veggie, herb, and shade-loving seeds to adopt carolinagirl77. Will send her an email.

kchd

o

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 22:57

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
Zone 8:
lysa39- interests: Brugs, taro, flowers(million bell flowers), veggies, mints, fruit, vines, bulbs, everything I can grow here
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
48.lashawn: adopted by canyonwind
47.thecollegekid: adopted by bcskye
46.donnaky: adopted by bcskye

o
update

kolett66 so sorry you requested to be removed from the list, however i will be recieving a big pack of veggie and herb seeds very soon. so what i would like to do is for you to get what you have ordered and then if there are other things you want please let me know and i will adopt you. i just have not had the seeds to adopt you or i would have happily done so. just let me know...from best i can tell there is going to be a wide range of seeds, so get with me via email after you figure out what else you may want.

kchd would you be more specific as to native plants for your area so that we may adopt you...i for one have no clue what is native to where you live, but am sure i have many things you can grow there. so just add some specific things you like...thanks :)

one more and we are to the BIG 50 and halfway to our 100 mark. bcskye thanks so much for your numerous adoptions and thank everyone who took the time to adopt and so generously give and who continues to support this thread.

o

Received my seeds from ymaddock and I am so happy! Thank you very much!

o

Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 12:47

Donnaky, check your spam folder. I sent you an email and got no response You can email me with your address through Gardenweb by going to My Page and clicking on the appropriate tag to email me if you need any specific veggies.

o
RE: adopting a newbie 2

Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 12:50

Thecollegekid, I have a package ready for you, but still need your snail mail address. I sent you an email several days ago and a request for your address on here as well. They say the third time's a charm.

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 13:48

Why sure, I can be more specific. I left my request open to "native plants" to keep from being too specific and restrictive. My main goal is to increase biodiversity on a 25-ac plot of land. There are literally tons of plants native to my area. I would accept anything native to the southeastern US region, including forbs/wildflowers, grasses, shrubs and trees. And I sure wouldn't mind any suggestions from fellow gardeners of some of your favorite plants to consider.

Grasses
Andropogon spp.
Panicum spp.
Panicum virgatum
Sporobolus spp.

Trees
Acer barbatum (Acer floridanum)
Prunus alabamensis
Prunus americana
Prunus angustifolia
Prunus caroliniana
Prunus umbellata
Diospyros virginiana
Asimina triloba
Quercus pumila

Forbs and Wildflowers
Impatiens capensis
Helianthus spp.
Lilium superbum
Lilium catesbaei
Lilium michauxii
Lilium philadelphicum
Arisaema triphyllum
Trilium spp.
Native asters
Echinacea spp.

Vines
Bignonia capreolata
Lonicera sempervirens
Aristolochia tomentosa

Shrubs
Rhododendron spp. native azaleas
Ampelaster carolinianus
Illicium floridanum
Morella cerifera

o

I received my seed package from bcskye. Thank you!!

o

I will adopt lysa39~ Lisa

o

I am a newbie. I will be starting my first garden this spring/summer in my very first green space ever. Very exciting! I want to grow edible fruits, vegetables and herbs (eventually fruits bushes/trees and nut trees) as well as grow plants that will attracts bees, butterflies and other beneficial insects to the garden. I need someone to adopt me, not just for seeds for SASE (although that too), but I also for gardening advice- lots and lots of advice. I am in a zone 7/8- too cold to be an 8 but too hot to be a 7, also elevation at approx 6,000 ft if that makes a difference. Thanks so much! Please adopt me!! :)

o

Hi there. I'm a newbie on my 3rd year of gardening. I built myself some square foot gardens last year and in addition this year I'm readying a 45x35' plot for rows. Oh, and a couple of smaller plots and containers. Wherever I can grow something I utilize the space, this is addicting! I'm in zone 5 here in Massachusetts. I want to grow edibles mostly veggies and herbs and some edible flowers. I try and steer away from hybrids. My only option is to buy seeds online and that gets expensive. So I'm looking for seeds, advice and some garden conversation. I'm especially interested in some seeds viewable on my exchange list. Thank you!

-Nicko

o
thank you aqua...we just hit the BIG 50

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 1:39

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 22:57
Zone 4:
Zone 5:
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
Zone 8:
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
49.carolinagirl77: adopted by kchd
48.lashawn: adopted by canyonwind
47.thecollegekid: adopted by bcskye
46.donnaky: adopted by bcskye

o
email

tacy m and nick o snow you need to have a email provided in order to be put on the list. you both have a zone but no email. thanks

o

i seem to be having a problem

o

You can reach me at snowfallcloud@gmail.com. Thanks for the heads up.

o

hi, I am a newbie to this site as well as to gardening! I am interested in anything edible! I want to turn my lawn into an edible landscape. I love hot peepers(mild to super hot), veggies, sweet peppers, berries, nuts etc. someone please adopt me. My two boys (ages 3 & 7) will love this. The 3 year old loves plants he can pick and eat right from the yard!

o

Thanks for the heads up, ymaddox. My email is tacy_m@yahoo.com.

o

Presently, bakemom is offering 10 seed packages to newbies, here. So far, there've been 5 takers with 5 left to go. Better head over there quick! :)

o

I am starting a garden for myself and am trying to encourage my son-in-law to do the same. We live on a very limited income and need to grow our food.
I am interested in veg. and flower seed. (especially the old fashioned ones)

o

I'm in zone 6, looking to grow peppers, herbs, and different varieties of cherry tomatoes. email is ryan.varhola@gmail.com Thanks!

o

Hi, this is my first year trying out gardening. I rented a city community garden plot. It is huge! 30x24 any help would be appreciated. I would like anything suited for an upstate ny climate...edible a plus.

o

Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 10:43

carolinagirl77,
I sent you 2 emails to adopt you, but have not heard back from you. Maybe check your junk/spam folder? Please let me know if you are still interested.
thanks, kchd

o

I will be sending LaShawn her newbie bubbler of seeds tomorrow.

Annie

o

Hi! I'd like to hop in if it isn't too late. This is my first time planting in my yard (before I planted okra in a large pot on my patio). I'm Zone 7B, and I'm interested in anything edible. My email is missreadsalot87@yahoo.com

o

Hello all,
I am new to this site. I have been gardening for two years now. I have a moderate size garden. I am intersed in herbs and vegetables. I would like to be adopted.
Thanks,
Steve

o

Hi. Not sure if my last post went through. I would love to be adopted by someone. I am in a zone 7/8 at approx. 6,000 ft above sea level. I would like to grow mainly an edible garden with fruits, veggies and herbs, but some perennials for fun, color and to attract beneficial insects. You may reach me at tacy_m@yahoo.com.

Thanks a million,
Rachel

o

Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 20:46

I will adopt legallyheidi. We share a zone and I have an assortment I think she will like.

o

I can adopt tacy m. I will email and set it, I could adopt another as well, mostly veggies and some flowers, if interested please email me!

o

Just a note: It's really not a good idea to openly post your email address here where just anyone can cruise on by and snatch it up. Additionally, I also believe it is actually against iVillage/GardenWeb policy to do so.

o

Thank you, kchd...I emailed you back :)

o

I have adopted tacy m. I just confirmed via email

o

ymaddox-YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!Received my envi today and all will be great additions to my garden. Thanks so very much!

o

Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 0:37

Minmous emailed me that she received her seeds.

I will adopt nickosnow.

Still waiting to get snail mail addresses from thecollegekid and donnaky. Have sent them emails and posted to them on here. What to do now?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here