Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swede1234

WANTED: Ornamental Grasses

swede1234
9 years ago

Hi, I've noticed various ornamental grasses that make gardens look very nice here. Never paid much attention to them much before, as I have a very small garden, and limited sunlight, as I live pretty much in a woods. My attention was always on my vegetable garden at the community plot, but my small flower garden at the end of driveway in the sunnier area produces nice daffodils, roses, irises, etc. My garden is almost all perennials..

However, I would really like to try a few clumps of a few of the grasses to dress up my flower garden, and I was wondering if I could get just a meagre amount of seeds to try here. I only can offer a whole lot of Rudbekia (Black-Eyed Susan) seeds for a trade.

Last year, I tried rubbing some grass seeds off of local plants after the snow returned, and tried planting them in my garden when spring came, but it didn't work.... nothing grew from them. As I am a novice in such matters, I'm unsure if it was how I collected the seeds, or planting them.

Any help would be appreciated...
Wish you all the best... Garden Web is the greatest with members like you...

Thanks, Gary

"Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter." â Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services